• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atone13

Scrubs like me will be playing IB for the guaranteed leveling. It'll also be a nice break from the anxious matches of ToO.

Yeah I'm looking forward to IB, at least I can perform somewhat decently in control. In these ToO games... I'm just awful.

lt519

So does anyone thing ToO could benefit from a slightly different match making? Hear me out:

The idea being that teams with similar records get matched up with each other starting with # of losses and then matching # of wins as best of possible. It makes it more of a Tournament format where you have to beat the best to get to 9-0 and removes some of the RNG in match making.

So for example if you are 8-0 you get matched against another 8-0 team (or as close as possible, 7-0 then 6-0). If you are 4-2 you get matched against another 4-2 team.

It'd keep the matches mostly balanced and would make getting to Mercury even more special since you can't get your last three wins against 1-2 scrub teams. And vice versa it'd help the 1-2 scrub teams to get to 5 for the armor since they will likely be matched with similar teams.

I'll get the Train going soon here. I'll only be able to do a few hours today. So, I'll try to get in as many people as I can.

Are you resuming from where you left off last night? I'm up after the first guy today, but I said I wasn't going to be available today. If I'm up so soon, im totally available.

Unstable

Are you resuming from where you left off last night? I'm up after the first guy today, but I said I wasn't going to be available today. If I'm up so soon, im totally available.

I have 2 hours before I'm scheduled to run someone slotted for today. So yes I'll be able to get you in.

Saw this on Reddit. It could be a really cool way to tie the stories (using that word lightly) of the Dark Below and now House of Wolves together in the next big expansion. I've been reading more and more into the lore of Destiny and I find it fascinating. It’s too bad that they couldn’t work in a cohesive story into this game, the lore is sooo good.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...lers_tdb_and_how_storylines_to_come_together/

Makes a lot of sense that the Stranger might come back for the next DLC. Hopefully she has better lines this time.

Sorry we couldn't get you to Mercury Glam, if only you had had enough coins for the buff :(

At least you got to the Gold package though! And got another clanmate to the Lighthouse.

We'll be picking it up again tonight.

lt519

Skolas take down from last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-wGaRFzFUw&feature=em-upload_owner

Few requirements. 3 365 Arc Snipers, full supers, and full sniper ammo before starting. Up to you whether you want to use a special synch or switch to Thunderlord once you run out of ammo (special synth is recommended). Titan weapons of light by add door. When that runs out Titan blessing of light over mine location (whether the mine is there or not). Send a Warlock or Hunter out to defuse mines (Warlock with Ram help and Res is better to stay alive). Make sure the two titans that are still DPSing Skolas have the poison chalice. Clear the adds real quick on the right when they show up or they can take you down while continuing to snipe/dps Skolas.

Jinjo

I'll get the Train going soon here. I'll only be able to do a few hours today. So, I'll try to get in as many people as I can.

I already pm'ed Lknd, don't know if he changed it in the list already, but I'll forego the 11 am slot I signed up for yesterday. Already got to Mercury today thanks to the excellent TearsOfBlood & EJRobinson, so I feel it would be unfair to still take that slot (even though i'd really like the loot lol) since there are plenty people out there on that list still wanting to go to Mercury who've never been. ;)

Jrmint

Three straight legendary primary engrams have given me the Up The Ante hand cannon. The odds of that happening must be insanely low. Really annoying.

lt519

1 replacement for 34 PoE wanted. Bossfight.

Rain, you're back! You trying to quick burn or run the right side strat?

Top of page hunter sexiness:

T1ZpdcQ.jpg

Skolas take down from last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-wGaRFzFUw&feature=em-upload_owner

Few requirements. 3 365 Arc Snipers, full supers, and full sniper ammo before starting. Up to you whether you want to use a special synch or switch to Thunderlord once you run out of ammo (special synth is recommended). Titan weapons of light by add door.

That was a really nice kill but you basically got super lucky in the first mine being at camp spot, if the first mine was at the other end of the map you would have wiped. I mean even the guy running to the first mine spot got killed by all the wire snipers and arc shanks, if you hadn't killed the boss the second guy running to the mine spot would have died in the same way.

Thats really what I just don't enjoy about the fight, if you can kill him before the first mine countdown its a joke of a fight. If you can't then you need a bunch of things to go your way like skolas not stepping up in your face, the first mine spot being easily defusable, luck with add crossfire across the map, etc.

I only gave 4 tries this week on just the boss (killed him twice last week so dont care much anymore) and I am curious if people who have done both methods think the shotgun method or the sniper method is easier? For sniper, it definitely seems like groups just using P&T are at a disadvantage to groups using 365 legendary higher impact rifles, I saw your shots hitting him for nearly 9k whereas P&T I think hits for 7k with WoL. 2 extra shots per mag, but still. The shotgun method looks great since you don't worry about him up in your face, but I could see it being an easy wipe if someone mis handles the stomps or distance to him.

raindoc

Rain, you're back! You trying to quick burn or run the right side strat?
i'm still here:
Well.. my flat is completly empty and I'm ready to move out. Landlord calls, he won't make it til monday.
Off to buy an air matress and carry my ps4 + tv set back up. 2 days of nothing to do but grinding skolas and ToO.

It was a legit attempt. bit i had to bail, need to eat something.

Ramirez

So far in Trials i've gone 9-1, 9-0, and 9-2. Has anyone gone 9-0 three times yet?

My group has 2 weeks in a row, 42-0! We had some really tough matches on our last ticket last night.

Pantheon wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be, but it's still a pretty dull map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom