• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

That was a really nice kill but you basically got super lucky in the first mine being at camp spot, if the first mine was at the other end of the map you would have wiped. I mean even the guy running to the first mine spot got killed by all the wire snipers and arc shanks, if you hadn't killed the boss the second guy running to the mine spot would have died in the same way.

Well actually our guy running to the second mine died and resurrected, that's why it worked so well. He started running basically when the first mine popped anyway, the two titans took care of the first mine. So we actually didn't send a second guy to the mines so we were fine the whole time. So you really want that Warlock running to the mines so he can wipe and still be fine + have the extra armor from fireborn. We definitely could have taken him down faster too, I missed some snipes and I could of kept sniping instead of using Thunderlord but since I'm not a good sniper I'll take the guaranteed 30k damage from a thunderlord clip.

Edit: Patience and Time won't do it. The extra 2k damage from 16 rounds from 3 players adds up to a lot of missing damage. Not to mention two of us had final round so when I did land a crit (I'm a shitty sniper) it hit for 11k. It's a shitty requirement but at least it is more attainable then needing three gjallahorns

P.S.S: Unless you meant that you have to burn him down by the second mind regardless. I think that is true, if you don't have him down within 30 seconds of the first mine popping you mine as well wipe. It is a very all or nothing strat.

Tbh depending on the map next week and what I get on my last two characters from the chest this week idk if imma give a phuck about going 9-0 next week in ToO. I know lots are thirsty from Mercury for the primaries but it shouldn't be hard to get most within 6-7 9-0 wins unless you're one of this weird people who hoard dupes of weapons in multiple elements.

So does anyone thing ToO could benefit from a slightly different match making? Hear me out:

The idea being that teams with similar records get matched up with each other starting with # of losses and then matching # of wins as best of possible. It makes it more of a Tournament format where you have to beat the best to get to 9-0 and removes some of the RNG in match making.

So for example if you are 8-0 you get matched against another 8-0 team (or as close as possible, 7-0 then 6-0). If you are 4-2 you get matched against another 4-2 team.

It'd keep the matches mostly balanced and would make getting to Mercury even more special since you can't get your last three wins against 1-2 scrub teams. And vice versa it'd help the 1-2 scrub teams to get to 5 for the armor since they will likely be matched with similar teams.
I think this would be cool, but in theory you could still get stomped on game one by a good team also just starting out. Also those last games would get extra sweaty, and I wouldn't be surprised if people got real low to get those final wins. You already see people do stupid shit if they are losing even if it's early on their card, let alone one win away. Could also mean lots of heartbreak for people getting carried since the pro players are basically gonna be getting hit with burden of darkness as they win more lmao.

bosseye

Having real issues with 34 PoE, final boss. Fucking Quadron.

Need one more to assist and ideally get it done. Been banging our heads against this for too long now.

Cheers to WheelHoss1 for trying.

lt519

I think this would be cool, but in theory you could still get stomped on game one by a good team also just starting out. Also those last games would get extra sweaty, and I wouldn't be surprised if people got real low to get those final wins. You already see people do stupid shit if they are losing even if it's early on their card, let alone one win away. Could also mean lots of heartbreak for people getting carried since the pro players are basically gonna be getting hit with burden of darkness as they win more lmao.

Certainly doesn't solve the whole problem but it definitely would make ToO even more intense on those cards that are 7-0 and on-wards. I guess I'm just sick of being crappy and struggling to get to 5-6 wins each week because I keep running into teams that have one guy carrying everyone else. I like playing my friends and we don't want to have to jump on a Unstable train or the likes if we don't have to. Why am I running into a team that is 8-0 about to finish their passage card when I am 3-2? It just doesn't seem right.

It's like any double/triple elim tournamnet you make with friends, there is a winners bracket and a losers bracket.

blackjaw

done streaming for the day. carried about 4-5 people to the lighthouse and some for packages.

some nice clips and funny games but overall didn't like it as much as the first day of trials.

i'll be on again tomorrow in the afternoon. my sign up list is 100+ people at this point and i doubt i'll get to half of that by the weekend's end.

if you guys still wanna catch a stream, nghtly is on: twitch.tv/nghtly

Any chance you'll be able to grab me today?

The kid woke from his nap yesterday right as my name popped....convenient.

Have a fresh card with 1 win and the other two boons. No big expectations, just like playing with you guys and laughing and if 8wins or Mercury happens, great.

I'll be on around 1PM PST and probably watching the stream/playing during kids nap time, just shout out or throw an invite and I'll be there!

Good luck and have fun, nothing is worth it if you aren't having fun.

Mindlog

That was a really nice kill but you basically got super lucky in the first mine being at camp spot, if the first mine was at the other end of the map you would have wiped. I mean even the guy running to the first mine spot got killed by all the wire snipers and arc shanks, if you hadn't killed the boss the second guy running to the mine spot would have died in the same way.

Thats really what I just don't enjoy about the fight, if you can kill him before the first mine countdown its a joke of a fight. If you can't then you need a bunch of things to go your way like skolas not stepping up in your face, the first mine spot being easily defusable, luck with add crossfire across the map, etc.

I only gave 4 tries this week on just the boss (killed him twice last week so dont care much anymore) and I am curious if people who have done both methods think the shotgun method or the sniper method is easier? For sniper, it definitely seems like groups just using P&T are at a disadvantage to groups using 365 legendary higher impact rifles, I saw your shots hitting him for nearly 9k whereas P&T I think hits for 7k with WoL. 2 extra shots per mag, but still. The shotgun method looks great since you don't worry about him up in your face, but I could see it being an easy wipe if someone mis handles the stomps or distance to him.
Uploading our video. I liked how we did it because it was one of each class.
Basically the Hunter leaves as soon as the mines start. If the Hunter gets plagued then the Warlock takes it. Titan has a Thunderlord to kill adds so the Warlock can disarm the nearby mine. The Warlock should try to stun Scrolas while the Titan deals with adds.

Most importantly be ready to deal with any surprises. Our Hunter went down because of that crazy dangerous Arc Burn, but we had done enough damage to Scrolas to finish the encounter.

~15 minutes depending on publishing time.

lt519

Uploading our video. I liked how we did it because it was one of each class.

We tried one of each class for a while but we kept dying at the camp spot while the hunter ran out to the mines. I think if we focused on clearing the adds and then damaging Skolas that would have worked. It was just convenient that we had a player with another Titan to help with a bubble for the end and was more of an easy button for us. I'd be very interested to see your video, our hunter had a hard time staying alive defusing mines as well. In the end the Warlock res was perfect for that.

Korosenai

My group has 2 weeks in a row, 42-0! We had some really tough matches on our last ticket last night.

Pantheon wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be, but it's still a pretty dull map.
damn, good job. Yeah, pantheon is a pretty bad map for this. Hopefully next week will be better.

Yes we did this yesterday.
Unfortunately today we only got there once and twice going 9-1 :(
going 9-1 is the worst. It's like a walk of shame going to Brother Vance to get his rewards instead of Mercury.

Quite a few Playstation crews have made it to 27-0, but I've only seen 1 Xbox crew on reddit make it 27-0.
I had a friend go 18-0, but then all the tryhards came out last night. We had probably 10 games straight of nothing but really good teams. Have you tried Trials yet Karl?

nOoblet16

Oh man maybe it was because we came across mostly mediocre to terrible teams but a good sniper can absolutely lock down an entire side on this map. (which is why it's shit when the other team has good snipers and decides to camp on it).

Also Low Grade Humility is great but I feel like I'll go back to Longbow despite less aim assist because it can't kill enemies with the revival shield on as it does only 227 damage which is not enough as there's a shield too, funny enough without the revival shield it does close to 327 on a crit which makes me believe that revival shields not only increase the amount of damage you can take but also decrease the damage you take !!

bosseye

Well shit. Sorry to Jignxs and Warrior_UAE, got booted off.

PSN playing up on and off for a bit and just dropped completely.

I'm done now anyway, that fucking Quadron is just no fun. In fact thats probably some of the least fun I've had in Destiny, 50 deaths later and getting nowhere.

Thanks to all that tried to help. I've wasted too much of my day on this.

Raaaaaage.

Well shit. Sorry to Jignxs and Warrior_UAE, got booted off.

PSN playing up on and off for a bit and just dropped completely.

I'm done now anyway, that fucking Quadron is just no fun. In fact thats probably some of the least fun I've had in Destiny, 50 deaths later and getting nowhere.

Thanks to all that tried to help. I've wasted too much of my day on this.

Raaaaaage.

Sorry then, thanks for getting us all the way.

Need 1 more for POE 34 at the last boss. Cheesing him with Gjallahorns. Titan preferably PSN Jignxs

nOoblet16

So if I don't turn in the completed trials passage I can actually go and buy a second one. Anyone knows if the losses get recorded on the first one instead of the new one ?

1jp2R4Z.jpg

nOoblet16

The amount of Celestial Nighthawks I see in PVP is...troubling.

That's the trap...sometimes they'll lead you to believe they don't know what's up and only have one shot with their super....only for you to find out that you overlooked the little detail that the perk was not unlocked and the dude actually has 3 shots. :p

Why kill 3-4 or 5 people with GG when you can kill one person six times harder
It's so that they can one shot those Titans who survive with fist of panic :p

Namikaze1

The amount of Celestial Nighthawks I see in PVP is...troubling.
It all depends on whether or not they're idiots and have unlocked the unique perk. In which case, they're idiots. Nighthawk, while a superb PvE helmet, isn't that great for PvP. I'll take having 3 GG shots at the ready over a single one that does 6 times the damage for PvP.

Jinjo

That's the trap...sometimes they'll lead you to believe they don't know what's up and only have one shot with their super....only for you to find out that you overlooked the little detail that the perk was not unlocked and the dude actually has 3 shots. :p

Best just wear Achlyophage Symbiote from the get go for those sweet four shots. Actually wiped an entire team today only for one guy to radiance on me. I guess he didn't notice my super was still up and just counted my shots, because I shot him straight back down lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom