• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flawless! And I didn't need to be carried either. Went 9 and 0 with Icon and Noomi without the benefit of the favor because we lost that round, which activated the mercy. We went 9 and 1 on our second run too. Got the solar auto rifle, which meh, but it's a load off to get it done!

Went to lighthouse three times. All times got an arc messenger! Dammit.

This week I got 3 solar summoners and my friend got 3 void scholars. It should be a 1/144 chance you get 3 of the same weapon assuming there are 12 (3x element 4x primary). Just, ugh, what fucking awful luck. At least etheric light can't disappoint.

ocean

Banned
Random thought:

Vanguard armor should be purchasable at rank 1. Leave other factions at rank 2.

This is of little significance to us but would make a big difference for new players. Grinding marks is bad enough. A couple of RL friends gave up on the game when they understood the lull of mindless low level strikes and patrol missions required to advance their progression...

Sullichin

Random thought:

Vanguard armor should be purchasable at rank 1. Leave other factions at rank 2.

This is of little significance to us but would make a big difference for new players. Grinding marks is bad enough. A couple of RL friends gave up on the game when they understood the lull of mindless low level strikes and patrol missions required to advance their progression...

I agree. I feel like there's a lot of things to explain when trying to recommend getting into Destiny to a friend. It would be best if they could reach end game activities ASAP

noomi

Flawless! And I didn't need to be carried either. Went 9 and 0 with Icon and Noomi without the benefit of the favor because we lost that round, which activated the mercy. We went 9 and 1 on our second run too. Got the solar auto rifle, which meh, but it's a load off to get it done!

That was a lot of fun too man, I think we found our core group now. Same time next week, let's get it done.

Going to try and help nuszka get his flawless tomorrow.

ocean

Banned
I agree. I feel like there's a lot of things to explain when trying to recommend getting into Destiny to a friend. It would be best if they could reach end game activities ASAP
For sure. You walk them through story missions and you're having fun and then it's like so, do tons of bounties and strikes every day and then maybe we can run a raid in two weeks? Running low level strikes (the only kind they can) drops marks and rep so slowly that a full-purple load out takes a ridiculous amount of time during which their options are super limited. Just grind and wait. It's not fun and it's a shitty way to start a game.

Think about it. A Wolf Strike (level 22) pays 3 Marks and 14 rep. Tiger (level 24) gives 25 rep. Twenty-five rep, and the road to rank 2 is 3,500 rep long. Sure there's bounties to help out but think of the boredom of repeating 8 Strikes with other low levels, 99% of the time not using voice comm with no engram rewards.

Once they make it, they can buy a Helmet and a Chest piece. Boots and gauntlets gotta wait though, mark cap! Just run the same strikes again for hours next week (starting Tuesday, not Monday) until you can.

I mean we do this shit all the time when we need marks but it's different from a casual player just getting into the game.

PuMa

But its "end game". That would kind of defeat the purpose if you could just fire up a game and go right to the end.

Nice!!! Congrats Macello. Feels good making there with a solid team where you had space to contribute. ToO was a little rougher this week.

noomi

Trials cloak just won't drop. Got every possible emblem, shader, and ship... But that damned cloak is so sexy and I rarely see it.

ocean

Banned
But its "end game". That would kind of defeat the purpose if you could just fire up a game and go right to the end.
Is it? The endgame here is a different set of equally repetitive content. The main difference is that it's much more rewarding in terms of good item obtention and most importantly, far more attractive to run in groups.

"PoE 34, need 2" is not the same as "Vanguard Viper for 12 rep a pop, any takers?".

I think going to rank 1 to access legendaries with one faction is enough. They'd still need to grind for marks, more rep for weapons, Strange Coins, Etheric Light, Motes of Light, PoE/ToO gear etc. they'd just do it with the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom