• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Some of us don't have a good team to play with to get flawless. And some of us are only available after certain times and can't play all day.

Yeah, I know what you mean man. Going flawless can be rough due to lack of skilled MM, and some people have the benefit of ToO opening up in evening after work like I do, so if the ToO map that week is terrible like this weeks one is, my team and I can just go in early whilst other teams are still figuring out how to play on the map, win our 9 games, get our rewards and then bail.

I enjoy playing PvP but ToO on Pantheon is NOT fun, we saw no reason to play on it with our alts because we knew that it would turn into a mess once people started to camp.

Not to pick you out, because it's the new end gave content that's the problem, but your post is the result. It feels like ,aside from a handful of saints, the groups that are really good in ToO are either sticking together or bailing out once they got theirs.

I'm close to giving up on ascending anything. I've played way too many hours this week with my only light being from a poe 34 that I didn't really find fun at all. They need to go back to six person fire teams that end up being much more diverse in skill level.

Don't worry about man, I know what you mean. The whole 3 man thing sounds good in practice but it really ends up cutting people out of things. Having a 3v3 PvP mode with hefty rewards tacked onto it encourages good players to pretty much stick with people they know since they'll get the rewards quicker and easier.

You have good guys like Zoba and Unstable helping out people without teams to get to the lighthouse, but most people aren't willing to do that, they want their rewards then they want to leave asap, especially in a week like this with a terrible map, people, myself included, lack to will to play more than they need to.

If trials was 6v6 then the pressure to succeed wouldn't be as much and people would be more open about who they have on their team, not to mention maps like Pantheon would be more tolerable to play on, but I'm not sure if the rewards would be as good since more players would be getting to the lighthouse than there is now. I wouldn't mind keeping the rewards the same, but whether Bungie would want that is a totally different matter.

Sullichin

so lemme get this straight

i have the elder cipher bounty. i just open a bunch of prison of elders chests at 32 until i find something and then i have to wait a random amount of time before i can get queenbreaker's bow?

Have you started ToO train today? I don't want to be MIA if my name is called

The rest of my team went 4-3 (I think) today while I got 5-3 thanks to the boon. Feels like shit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Taking a little break and then Atheon hard x3.

Nice Crota runs guys.

Busy day for me.

POE 35 - Done
Flawless trials x3 - Done
Crota x3 - Done

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Etheric Light is coming with 6v6 combat in Iron Banner. 2 per character by the end of the week is not really out of the question for anyone that can put in the time- especially if you can play on the weekend and Monday with the buffs- both because of the larger teams and the simpler thresholds for progress. It's a rank with bounties after all, and the medallions make losses "count" for points rather than backwards progress. I feel much more confident in IB than ToO (though I vastly prefer ToO personally) and will be around to help anyone who wants to, even if I hit rank 5. I don't think Trials would have been better off as 6v6, but Pantheon is a bad choice for it.

Draysoth

I'm up for PS4 Atheon - Draysoth. Also could use the gorgon check for chest if anyones sharing, I asked earlier but wife dragged me to watch American Sniper.

Etheric Light is coming with 6v6 combat in Iron Banner. 2 per character by the end of the week is not really out of the question for anyone that can put in the time- especially if you can play on the weekend and Monday with the buffs- both because of the larger teams and the simpler thresholds for progress. It's a rank with bounties after all, and the medallions make losses "count" for points rather than backwards progress. I feel much more confident in IB than ToO (though I vastly prefer ToO personally) and will be around to help anyone who wants to, even if I hit rank 5. I don't think Trials would have been better off as 6v6, but Pantheon is a bad choice for it.

The 3v3 elimination aspect of ToO is awesome. I really like it but you need a team you mesh with. IB is a little more forgiving to PUGs and a lot less stressful. I look forward to some relaxing IB after 2 weeks of ToO.

Sullichin

Yeah, I'll hit 34 on my Warlock when IB comes around because it's guaranteed loot if you put in the time. ToO is a better mode but more stressful.

JayHayabusa

Can someone join jayforone to help me kill Urzok in skywatch? Wanna clear this damn mission on my Tiran. Can't kill him in time on my own. Join on jayforone. A bit of ether farming while waiting

nOoblet16

I don't understand all the TOO complaints for this week. What's wrong with this map? there's way worse ones out there

It encourages passive playstyle..making the whole matches boring. Full of 90 degree corners as well.

I've seen matches where the team does not even leave the spawn platform granted that they will lose if they stay there as they can't cap the centre point if they stay at spawn, the other team might be searching for them only to be focused fired by three campers and end up losing.

Also a sniper can lock down one entire portion of the map, like I don't even need anyone with me and I can cover an entire side of the map on my own unless the other sniper is better than me which hasn't been the case this week. The problem with this is that these portions that a sniper can lock down exist on both sides of the map. A team that has two snipers can pretty much play from their base.

I don't understand all the TOO complaints for this week. What's wrong with this map? there's way worse ones out there

Pantheon is too condusive to camping and hard scoping. You get teams that sit there ads'ing until someone comes down they're hallway. Also see a bunch of teams too gun shy to leave the spawn area because of all the hard scoping. Definitely enjoyed burning shrine a lot more.

ugh my sony headset is distorted. everybody in party chat sounds like a robot

did i blow the speakers?

Happened to Robinson earlier. Think he shut down the ps4 and restarted it.

nOoblet16

ugh my sony headset is distorted. everybody in party chat sounds like a robot

did i blow the speakers?

Jesus what a coincidence.
This happened to me today this morning and I was like wtf is going on, it happened in every party I joined.
I tried turning my headphones on and off but nothing happened. I put my PS4 to rest mode and back, nothing happens. Then I switch my console off completely as well as my headphones then try again and it works. I play for a bit and put my PS4 on rest mode. A while later when I come back to play and same issue, had to restart again and it was fine again !!

You know what's the most strange thing here? I don't even have a sony headset, I have a Turtle Beach earforce tango (the black ops 2 edition which is wireless too). I believe there might be some bug as it only affected the chat.

Edit: So it's a known issue
http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/31e4lp/parties_suddenly_sound_all_like_robots/

Wonder why today was the first time I encountered it.

PuMa

I prefer ToO as well...just not pantheon. At least they made IB less grindy though.

This happened to me today this morning and I was like wtf is going on, it happened in every party I joined.
I tried turning my headphones on and off but nothing happened. I put my PS4 to rest mode and back, nothing happens. Then I switch my console off completely as well as my headphones then try again and it works. I play for a bit and put my PS4 on rest mode. A while later when I come back to play and same issue, had to restart again and it was fine again !!

You know what's the most strange thing here? I don't even have a sony headset, I have a Turtle Beach earforce tango (the black ops 2 edition which is wireless too). I believe there might be some bug as it only affected the chat.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/31e4lp/parties_suddenly_sound_all_like_robots/

well this is a relief. would have been pissed if my headset was broken

ill have to reset and see if it helps

rc213

I have found my best load out for Crucible.

Hygiea Noblese Scout Rifle (Rodeo, Explosive Rounds, Crowd Control)
Invective

People really hate the Scout with Explosive, Gotten a few hate msgs.

XenoRaven

Hey this happened to me when I was playing with Ken the other day.

Deku Tree

I need to farm PoE for the 1000pts in the cypher bounty. I will be on in a little while. Anyone want to team up for that? Or anyone need help with PoE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom