• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

How is "catfanone" only ranked 84 on the ToO true skill list?

When I watch his stream the guy is always getting huge kills and rarely ever dying and always winning.

Anyone know what is the exact formula that DestinyTracker uses to calculate true skill?

shaw515

Neo Member
I'm glad (or...sad actually) to see I am not the only one having a terrible time with ToO. The weapons are not even my main concern. If I could only get to five wins with my characters for armor I would be happy, but I can't even do that with one character.

Ken

I think that Trials of Osiris will be mostly dead in a few weeks, or only populated by professional players. They don't need a super sophisticated matching algorithm, but they ought to at least make it so that people who haven't been to Mercury are not facing off against 3 players in Mercury gear.

When you're making little to no progress, it is absolutely no fun to feel like you are just feeding the win-record of players who are already 3 times as good as you. I was surprised my casual player friends even wanted to do ToO again this weekend.

I'd rather fight Messengers and Scholars than Thorns and 3x Spears lol.

I'm glad (or...sad actually) to see I am not the only one having a terrible time with ToO. The weapons are not even my main concern. If I could only get to five wins with my characters for armor I would be happy, but I can't even do that with one character.

I'm the same. ToO feels alien to me. I play about 20 pvp games a day and do well in 1v1s but this is either get sniped or rushed by shotguns. Really struggling, only want 5 wins too.

mikeebi3

yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss got my first 9-0 tonight, bounced between 3 teams to get it too haha

Goofed and missed the exotic emblem though T-T

I'm the same. ToO feels alien to me. I play about 20 pvp games a day and do well in 1v1s but this is either get sniped or rushed by shotguns. Really struggling, only want 5 wins too.

I feel most people annoyed by the mode are in the same boat. Struggling to get 5 wins when you can hold your own in other pvp is frustrating as hell, though I guess that could come down to the ToO matchmaking.

Magik

I think that Trials of Osiris will be mostly dead in a few weeks, or only populated by professional players. They don't need a super sophisticated matching algorithm, but they ought to at least make it so that people who haven't been to Mercury are not facing off against 3 players in Mercury gear.

When you're making little to no progress, it is absolutely no fun to feel like you are just feeding the win-record of players who are already 3 times as good as you. I was surprised my casual player friends even wanted to do ToO again this weekend.

I definitely agree that we will most likely see a big drop off in participation in Trials of Osiris in the coming weeks. It's just becoming too frustrating to play and enjoy especially if the playlist is becoming dominated by higher caliber players who are either trying to get 9-0 themselves or are just trolling.

I personally don't see myself playing it as much since I got other things to do especially since its summer time. I just don't see the need to put myself through the bullshit. Same thing applies to PoE 35. Why waste the time nowadays especially when the drop rate of the loot from Skolas is so low.

The honeymoon phase of HoW is fading away quickly, very quickly.

Sullichin

When I watch his stream the guy is always getting huge kills and rarely ever dying and always winning.

Anyone know what is the exact formula that DestinyTracker uses to calculate true skill?

DestinyTracker says I'm in the top 2% for kills, deaths (lol), and assists in Crucible. I play a lot but not sure it's that much. What number are you referring to for the ToO ranking? My DTR score for Trials is 951, whatever that means, doesn't sound too good.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Count tibsyunit in as well he is with me.

Count me in if you need one more, PSN Shokleeto. Farming keys at the moment.

1. Sploat
2. Moris
3. Shok
4. Man that you fear
5. Tibsyunit

Could you guys send me FRs please? PSN sploatee. I'll set up a party chat so the audio is a bit clearer.

I can give you the hard oracle checkpoint if you want to start from there.

Thanks! I don't mind - if others want to I'm cool, if they don't I'm cool.

Gonna need to start in the next five ten mins guys tho or I'm gonna run out of time until later.

He might not have played nearly as many matches as others? IDK haven't looked. I have been watching Nghtly and TG's streams since last weekend and yeah Cat is a friggin beast along with all the other Devils I've gotten to see. This 1 dude on their team Chriss purposely had the other guys hang back and he went 1v3 a couple times just to see if he could. Absolutely wrecked the other team. 13 Devils <3

I feel most people annoyed by the mode are in the same boat. Struggling to get 5 wins when you can hold your own in other pvp is frustrating as hell, though I guess that could come down to the ToO matchmaking.

Yeah it's strange, I seem to just freeze when it comes to ToO like not know what to do. I guess I just need some practice as I've only had 2 runs.

WipedOut

I got lucky and got to 5 with my hunter, it really is a shit show but just need to get better and put in the work. I'm doing rumble and the upcoming iron banner to try and get better. I know people that I could team up with but I don't want to be carried. Wouldn't feel like I have earned it.

1. Sploat
2. Moris
3. Shok
4. Man that you fear
5. Tibsyunit

Could you guys send me FRs please? PSN sploatee. I'll set up a party chat so the audio is a bit clearer.

Gonna need to start in the next five ten mins guys tho or I'm gonna run out of time until later.
Guys i got another player.
So when do we stat this?

One last ToO thing and then I'm done. It's kind of shitty having pro teams act like asses about it. Just get your flawless and go play fucking skirmish. Last night a guy on the other team killed himself to lure us to their spawn. WTF?

Bungie needs to lock people out once they won. Would stop the trains but it would make things a lot more fair.

Or. Ya know. Add some fucking ranked matchmaking. Fuuuuuu

nOoblet16

Of course they will happen. You just need to try not to let it go to your head.

That said, ToO has forced me to try PVP way more than I did before and I really feel the improvement.

I still suck at 1x1 encounters tho and that`s why trials is harder for me. That's also why I suck at Rumble (won just 1 match all time).

Put me on a control or clash arena and I'll get much better results.

Really excited about Iron Banner this week.

No I get over it, because at the end of the day I still most of the matches. I also do not like playing with the titan since it's the complete opposite of what my Hunter can do ie. Throwing knife for that finisher compared to Titan's T-rex melee, Golden gun for that range compared to getting up close, Double/triple jump for quick gain in height compared to the boost, trip mine grenades used as silent traps compared to the loud lightning grenade etc etc

MrS

Banned
One last ToO thing and then I'm done. It's kind of shitty having pro teams act like asses about it. Just get your flawless and go play fucking skirmish. Last night a guy on the other team killed himself to lure us to their spawn. WTF?
Too thirsty for those Ws!

Finally got all the achievements. Xbox version of Guardian Lord I guess.

image.jpg

Congratulations. Welcome to the club!

nOoblet16

That was true last weekend. Doesn't seem to be as true this weekend. Amazing Twitch streamers who were carrying two at a time last weekend are mostly only carrying one at a time this weekend.

There are a lot of elite teams playing this weekend and if you match against one of them it's pretty hard to win when carrying two.

Nghtly has been the top ranked ToO player on Playstation and he's always carrying one at a time. Guy snipes with a BH because he doesn't play PvE enough (or at all) to get a better high impact sniper. But he's still killing it with BH. Said he was hoping to get the queens sniper from PoE but only played it once and doesn't have treasure keys.

There isn't a sniper with higher impact than BH in the game. BH does close to 190 hits on body shots, it can one hit kill in certain situations if the enemy is even slightly damaged.
It's an extremely stable sniper gun with very fast reload, a pretty good option for PvP contrary to what many believe...only downside is it's small magazine size but it matters less in Trials.

Namikaze1

We had a team who were level 31 and brought in green special weapons and blue heavy. Their grimoire scores were around the 2k range.

easy win right? Nope. Once match started, all were 34 with Felwinter Lie, Truth, and all the great PvP special and heavies.

1. Sploat
2. Moris
3. Shok
4. Man that you fear
5. Tibsyunit

Moris and shok whats your tags guys?

todd360

We had a team who were level 31 and brought in green special weapons and blue heavy. Their grimoire scores were around the 2k range.

easy win right? Nope. Once match started, all were 34 with Felwinter Lie, Truth, and all the great PvP special and heavies.

That seems like such a waste of time. You only have a extremely small element of surprise for one round. I just assume I'm fighting three thorn users.

nOoblet16

Yea that's why I sometimes double check right after the intro cutscene these days if there's a low level player or a player with a shit gun.
Most of the time I don't bother, I just assume they all have Thorn/Vex and final round snipers (or the usual shotgun if I see them rushing)....I've come across very few players who actually use TLW.

Namikaze1

That seems like such a waste of time. You only have a extremely small element of surprise for one round. I just assume I'm fighting three thorn users.
Didn't we faced a team with just green snipers yesterday? Can't recall if we won or not.

And they were 32 for the whole match. Well, our match anyway.

Lnkn52

Yea that's why I double check right after the intro cutscene these days if there's a low level player or a player with a shit gun.

I never understood the strat for that. There's no way to get hustled by that. You have 10 matches to make adjustments. If you don't then the outcome would have been the same anyways if they kept their real gear on from the very beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom