• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Here are my thoughts...

1 Amazing player can carry two weak players.
2 great players can carry one weak player.
3 good player can carry themselves.

patchday

LOL I think the ToO teams are gonna be teabagging full force to piss off their opponents and throw them off their game. Myself, I just stick to dancing and pointing at the worst (but granted, I'm probably no better than the teabagging scum).

Myself when I die I usually just look away lol

Wow things are tense in here! Let's chill guys and girls.

I can see where both sides are coming from and I can understand why people are frustrated too.

We're lucky that we have such a great community here on DGAF. I've met some awesome people to play with where we've all done our fair share of helping each other out.

Later tonight I'm going to be putting a group together for ToO and 34 PoE.

If anyone needs help with 32 PoE or wants to join me for the other 2, watch out for my post later and I'll be more than happy to help people through.

Ken

Anyone have a quick guide for someone jumping back into the game? I haven't played since before the first expansion came out. Got to level 29 back then.

So you're like me then. Since you're 28 you can run through the stories and do 28 PoE. Don't bother with Eris' Urn quest. Hope for a good exotic or shard a bad one from 28 PoE. Use that to ascend your favorite exotic to 42 light.

Cap your vanguard/crucible marks and fill the rest of your slots with vendor legendaries. That should get you high enough to do 32 PoE which will award you the chance to buy a 42 light legendary getting you to 33. Now you can wait out till next week for another 32 PoE or attempt 34 PoE as a 33. If you win you get etheric light to ascend any legendary armor to 42 Light (or weapons but light level is more important).

Agent

I've been summoned by Variks for my bounty, yay. Anyone doing PoE? Time to grind out some boss kills.

Also, I really want to get to 5 wins in ToO for the titan boots so I would be down to do that as well. Fair warning though, Pantheon is statistically my worst map, so I am prone to RAoS (random acts of scrubiness).

PSN: phantom8324

phen0m24

I've been summoned by Variks for my bounty, yay. Anyone doing PoE? Time to grind out some boss kills.

Also, I really want to get to 5 wins in ToO for the titan boots so I would be down to do that as well. Fair warning though, Pantheon is statistically my worst map, so I am prone to RAoS (random acts of scrubiness).

Waves at phantom

MrS

Banned
Beat at 8-0. Upset is not the word. Hold me GAF.

Sent you a FR

I think I'll be back home at around 3pm CDT. The only thing that might screw us is that map Patheon. Haven't done ToO yet this week but I've watched streams. Anyway we can at least give it a go. I'll look for ya if you're around.

Thanks Sandbox, but that brings up another point about ToO. I work a lot of weekends, and have many more family obligations Fri-Sun. Like today I work 7-7, then dinner and get the kids to bed, followed up by Game of Thrones and taking out the trash that has been building up since they din't take it on Memorial day.

I will look for you on Monday for sure! I'm just at the bottom of the sin wave today. I had a shit time with PoE 35 but thought ToO would lighten my mood...then Patheon :(

Down for attempting 5 + wins and we can see what happens afterwards :) Use to be better than average but I have not played in a very long time. And kinda feel like it now :p

Namikaze1

LOL I think the ToO teams are gonna be teabagging full force to piss off their opponents and throw them off their game. Myself, I just stick to dancing and pointing at the worst (but granted, I'm probably no better than the teabagging scum).

Myself when I die I usually just look away lol
There was this one team yesterday that kept teabagging throughout the match. Felt good when I self-rez and killed all three. We lost the match but damn that felt good.

Though all three went after me the next round and teabagged me for that. :/

They ignored Todd and blackjaw's ghosts for mine. Bastards.

I just went 4-3 on my Titan despite playing with a good player like Akai. Losses happen and it's very frustrating when they happen...especially when you see yourself get out-skilled and then teabagged.

Of course they will happen. You just need to try not to let it go to your head.

That said, ToO has forced me to try PVP way more than I did before and I really feel the improvement.

I still suck at 1x1 encounters tho and that`s why trials is harder for me. That's also why I suck at Rumble (won just 1 match all time).

Put me on a control or clash arena and I'll get much better results.

Really excited about Iron Banner this week.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm down for Hard VoG. I'd like to get the checkpoint for a friend if it's not too much trouble.

Sorry - what does that mean?

Edit - hard VOGgers - my PSN is sploatee. I don't mind all this checkpoint stuff as long as we can do a full run :)

Deku Tree

Here are my thoughts...

1 Amazing player can carry two weak players.
2 great players can carry one weak player.
3 good player can carry themselves.

That was true last weekend. Doesn't seem to be as true this weekend. Amazing Twitch streamers who were carrying two at a time last weekend are mostly only carrying one at a time this weekend.

There are a lot of elite teams playing this weekend and if you match against one of them it's pretty hard to win when carrying two.

Nghtly has been the top ranked ToO player on Playstation and he's always carrying one at a time. Guy snipes with a BH because he doesn't play PvE enough (or at all) to get a better high impact sniper. But he's still killing it with BH. Said he was hoping to get the queens sniper from PoE but only played it once and doesn't have treasure keys.

Ken

How many Iron Banners have there been since launch?

I did the very first one but I quit when I got the green emblem lol. Should probably take this one more seriously.

phen0m24

Sorry - what does that mean?

Edit - hard VOGgers - my PSN is sploatee. I don't mind all this checkpoint stuff as long as we can do a full run :)

That means he wants to do a character change in the middle followed by a quick wipe to preserve the checkpoint (Gorgon chest usually) for another player. :)

So you're like me then. Since you're 28 you can run through the stories and do 28 PoE. Don't bother with Eris' Urn quest. Hope for a good exotic or shard a bad one from 28 PoE. Use that to ascend your favorite exotic to 42 light.

Cap your vanguard/crucible marks and fill the rest of your slots with vendor legendaries. That should get you high enough to do 32 PoE which will award you the chance to buy a 42 light legendary getting you to 33. Now you can wait out till next week for another 32 PoE or attempt 34 PoE as a 33. If you win you get etheric light to ascend any legendary armor to 42 Light (or weapons but light level is more important).

Awesome, exactly the info I was looking for!

McArkus

Well, I think this ToO is getting harder, this week couldn't even get the leg armor, better save those coins for another map or for the helmets; At least next week is iron banner, on those eventually one can reach level 5.

patchday

There was this one team yesterday that kept teabagging throughout the match. Felt good when I self-rez and killed all three. We lost the match but damn that felt good.

Though all three went after me the next round and teabagged me for that. :/

They ignored Todd and blackjaw's ghosts for mine. Bastards.

lmao!!! Must've felt so epic when you self-rezzed.

One last ToO thing and then I'm done. It's kind of shitty having pro teams act like asses about it. Just get your flawless and go play fucking skirmish. Last night a guy on the other team killed himself to lure us to their spawn. WTF?

Jabronium

Wow things are tense in here! Let's chill guys and girls.

I can see where both sides are coming from and I can understand why people are frustrated too.

We're lucky that we have such a great community here on DGAF. I've met some awesome people to play with where we've all done our fair share of helping each other out.

Later tonight I'm going to be putting a group together for ToO and 34 PoE.

If anyone needs help with 32 PoE or wants to join me for the other 2, watch out for my post later and I'll be more than happy to help people through.

I'd definitely be down for 34 PoE--I've got my titan ready to go but w/o a Horn, been having no luck on the LFG sites.

border

I think that Trials of Osiris will be mostly dead in a few weeks, or only populated by professional players. They don't need a super sophisticated matching algorithm, but they ought to at least make it so that people who haven't been to Mercury are not facing off against 3 players in Mercury gear.

When you're making little to no progress, it is absolutely no fun to feel like you are just feeding the win-record of players who are already 3 times as good as you. I was surprised my casual player friends even wanted to do ToO again this weekend.

WipedOut

Finally got all the achievements. Xbox version of Guardian Lord I guess.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom