• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Anyone want to bang out a normal Crota? I have the CP. I'd be game for hard if someone has it too.

(Only caveat, I'm not experienced with the sword, so someone else running it would be a good idea.)

1. FRENDEN

JonCha

Played level 28 Prison of Elders for the first time and got Ice Breaker and (I think) a rocket launcher called The Dreamweaver or something like that. From what I understand the former is one of the best sniper rifles in the game, for PvE anyway?

Namikaze1

This week really pushing me to calling it quit after nearly 9 months. Be it Skolas dropping shit or getting close to the boots only to have to start things all over again, this week has been terrible. My chances of getting Black Hammer again are better than getting any PoE elemental primary. Hell, I have better chances with the Crux than with Elder Cipher.

ocean

Banned
The thing I hate the most about this expansion is the lack of checkpoints for PoE

Fuck off Bungie.

I have a wife and 4 kids, if I need to leave my PoE run and want to come back later I should fucking be able to.

Raids with checkpoints were the only way I could have done them most of the time, bunch of unthoughtful pricks

ooooo we need to stop checkpoint sharing blah blah

Fuck off
Worst part is they already have a perfect system in place: passages. Same UI. Skolas Passage: one yellow dot per cleared round. If you wanna hop on with someone who doesn't have that on their card they can't join. Just like I can't join you for ToO without a passage or with a full one.

Result? I quit at Skolas but still have my Passage indicating I can spawn there. I can later team up with others to finish it off. Compromise? They must also have a Skilas ticket on their passage. This stops people from sharing checkpoints (because reasons) but doesn't hold us hostage to the encounter.

M3Rocket

Doing one last attempt on boots for Warlock. Back to needing 5 wins.

Just so close to calling it quits.

I tried getting 5 wins late last Monday with various GAF people before reset for 2 hours to no avail. I had all the boons, so just needed 3 wins in a row, or 4 after starting a new card twice. No dice. It seemed like all the casuals were gone, and the only people left were pros looking for the last minute Mercury trip or loot.

This week, not only is the map a travesty for campers and such, the matches are taking longer, and they are more competitive. I've followed/watched/listened to at least 6 to 7 hours of Unstable and/or Zoba's stream the last couple of days. It is MORE difficult and way slower this week.

For average to beginner PvP, you have to get really lucky to even get silver/gold tier. Let alone see Mercury this week.

ocean

Banned
Hope your back has recovered from T-44 :)
Unstable before playing with me:
Captain_Phoebus_KH3D.png

After taking me to 8-1:
quasimodo.gif

Pushed his back to the very limit but he stood tall.

SonComet

In the end PvE drop rates are crap and PvP drop rates are guaranteed.

Everything has been flipped and PvE focused players are suffering because of it.

I'm so unhappy with this expansion yet I still want to go on.

If it wasn't for this community my return would already be over.
I totally feel you on this. I actually enjoy the crucible and I play quite a bit of control and clash. I like the crucible more than running strikes actually. But my lifetime KDR is around .9-1 (unless its gone down) and the couple games I've tried in ToO have just been such disasters. I like to play aggressively and I lack the skills to do it. So now I have to sign up on lists and hope to be carried through by more talented players. I honestly hope I see Mercury just once. After that I just want to get the armor pieces. I'm really bummed I missed the chest last week after getting severely rolled multiple times. If only I could grind this out like I do the iron banner.

Also, the drops in PoE are so awful that I'm never doing it again after I get boots to complete my armor set and enough etheric light. There's just no incentive and I find nightfall modifiers to be annoying.

This week really pushing me to calling it quit after nearly 9 months. Be it Skolas dropping shit or getting close to the boots only to have to start things all over again, this week has been terrible. My chances of getting Black Hammer again are better than getting any PoE elemental primary. Hell, I have better chances with the Crux than with Elder Cipher.

I think you need a break of the game for today, you are pushing too hard on yourself.

I give up to do PoE 35 this week, first time I gave up in PVE since launch day

btkadams

Do I need one of those keys to get the armor core at the end of the level 32 prison of elders thing? I want to do it for the first time today but I must have used the key on the level 28 chest.

Is that how that works? You use the keys on the big center chest? How do I get another key?

SonComet

Do I need one of those keys to get the armor core at the end of the level 32 prison of elders thing? I want to do it for the first time today but I must have used the key on the level 28 chest.

Is that how that works? You use the keys on the big center chest? How do I get another key?
No keys required for that armor core.

M3Rocket

ocean

Banned

There's three chests in the treasure room. Two small ones on the sides and the big one in the middle. The small ones will give you:
1) Level 28: Glimmer, Motes, small chance for treasure key
2) Level 32: same as 1) + an armor core
3) Level 33: same as 1) + a weapon core + an Etheric Light
4) Level 35: same as 1) + 2) + 3)

So if you run them all you'll end up with two armor cores, two weapon cores, two Etheric Lights and lots of glimmer and motes. Maybe (unlikely) a Treasure Key.

The big chest only opens with a consumable Treasure Key. The rewards are:
1) First time you ever use a Treasure key with a character you're guaranteed an Exotic weapon or armor piece (once per character)
2) First time you use a Teeasure Key at the PoE 35 Treasure room you're guaranteed a unique Shader, Emblem and Ship (once per account, not per character. Also, you need to have empty ship/shader/emblem slots or you lose out and have to retry, they don't go to Postmaster)
3) Every other time, it'll give you a random Queen's Wrath weapon

The Queen's weapons are meh overall. Sniper is not bad. Keys are hard to come by but that's ok because they're trash. I'd suggest you find and hold on to 4 Keys:
1. For your first PoE 35
2-4. On for each of the three Exotic Weapon bounties ties to PoE (they require a key each, used on level 32 or higher)

Ramirez

it's gonna be hard to top this.

i did sunsinger a second early and die from the thorn burn though. that was embarrassing.

I domed the shit out of a Radiance attempt a few games later to turn a match around, redeemed!

Lol, if only you didn't forget you had headstrong equipped haha.

I didn't! That's why I don't understand why I go so far, this happens constantly when I'm playing the Titan. Serves me right from getting off of the Hunter. ;P

I see people are extremely salty about those carries, lol! I'd like to see Bungie add in an emblem exchange for the one you get at Mercury. Each week you could keep turning it in if you kept going back to Mercury, they could simply change it's color or add "I II III, etc." to show how many weeks you had been there.

That would be one simple way to distinguish people who have been carried VS people actually doing it every week. It's meaningless in the end, but it's nice to know who is actually good at PVP.

I don't care if people are carried, but I see it as the same as the people who cheesed the shit out of VoG early on. Some people care about the accomplishment, and some just want the loot. Nothing you can really do to change a person's mindset.

btkadams

There's three chests in the treasure room. Two small ones on the sides and the big one in the middle. The small ones will give you:
1) Level 28: Glimmer, Motes, small chance for treasure key
2) Level 32: same as 1) + an armor core
3) Level 33: same as 1) + a weapon core + an Etheric Light
4) Level 35: same as 1) + 2) + 3)

So if you run them all you'll end up with two armor cores, two weapon cores, two Etheric Lights and lots of glimmer and motes. Maybe (unlikely) a Treasure Key.

The big chest only opens with a consumable Treasure Key. The rewards are:
1) First time you ever use a Treasure key with a character you're guaranteed an Exotic weapon or armor piece (once per character)
2) First time you use a Teeasure Key at the PoE 35 Treasure room you're guaranteed a unique Shader, Emblem and Ship (once per account, not per character. Also, you need to have empty ship/shader/emblem slots or you lose out and have to retry, they don't go to Postmaster)
3) Every other time, it'll give you a random Queen's Wrath weapon

The Queen's weapons are meh overall. Sniper is not bad. Keys are hard to come by but that's ok because they're trash. I'd suggest you find and hold on to 4 Keys:
1. For your first PoE 35
2-4. On for each of the three Exotic Weapon bounties ties to PoE (they require a key each, used on level 32 or higher)
Thank you for the explanation! Very appreciated :)

lt519

|OT🔸23| Beg for Mercury

Haha absolutely perfect

Its not salt just disappointment. Love those guys for making the lists and I know they can't get through everyone because only being able to take one person at a time takes way too long. I was like 15th on the list and 5th as a person who hasn't made it to mercury and I've never gotten a call, it's tough knowing whether to wait around or not. I'd suggest for Zoba to do sign up times by the hour if he's going to do it again.

btkadams

So what's this I hear about unlocking Mercury after temple of Osiris? Is it an actual explorable area that you can go to from orbit after unlocking? Or is it just a space you're taken to after winning 9-0 that you pick up your treasure in and leave to never come back (until you win 9-0 again).

Ramirez

Eventually, I'd like to see them move to a system where people who both have 8-0 cards are facing each other. That would pretty much end carrying as well, lol.

I'd take it one step further and say that the only way to get to Mercury was with no boons, but I'm also crazy and have no regard for the playerbase's feelings.

So what's this I hear about unlocking Mercury after temple of Osiris? Is it an actual explorable area that you can go to from orbit after unlocking? Or is it just a space you're taken to after winning 9-0 that you pick up your treasure in and leave to never come back (until you win 9-0 again).

An explorable area you pick from the map, yes. You can go back all you want to during the week, but the chest only gives loot once per character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom