• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's all you badass heavy-hitters reaching Mercury, and then there are plenty of us scrubs not even getting the boots.

Are there any vets willing to take mercy on us and help us put 3 wins together? After all, that is what Unstable called for last week, isn't it?

Seriously, I just want 5 wins on my tickets, and I'm good.

ocean

Banned
Truth.

Seriously my Void LDR with unflinching FS and Final Round is ready.

But really void burn would be easy mode. Everyone should try to do Skolas legit if it's good burn. Fine try to burn him with snipe at the beginning but if it doesn't finish him at that point you gotta keep playing and it should be very finishable.
If it's void burn them I'm gonna look for a group to farm Skolas.
Seriously doubt we'll ever see Void Skolas. It'd be easy mode since the increased damage output would only be a buff with no penalty since no enemies in that encounter deal Void damage. I mean we've had Solar Omnigul where the same thing happens but still.

I'm thinking and hoping it'll be no-burn, maybe with Small Arms or something like that. It'd be infinitely more fun since legit wouldn't be suicide mode. There will still be a ton of enemies shooting you while you cap a mine, many of them Majors, and they're all a level above you so it won't be a cakewalk; but it'll be fair and fun.

Truth.

Seriously my Void LDR with unflinching FS and Final Round is ready.

But really void burn would be easy mode. Everyone should try to do Skolas legit if it's good burn. Fine try to burn him with snipe at the beginning but if it doesn't finish him at that point you gotta keep playing and it should be very finishable.

If it's void burn them I'm gonna look for a group to farm Skolas. Anyone confirm if you can get elemental primaries after the first kill by killing Skolas and dying afterwards?

Count me in for Void Burn Skolas. Actually have yet to run PoE 35.

WipedOut

Seriously doubt we'll ever see Void Skolas. It'd be easy mode since the increased damage output would only be a buff with no penalty since no enemies in that encounter deal Void damage. I mean we've had Solar Omnigul where the same thing happens but still.

I'm thinking and hoping it'll be no-burn, maybe with Small Arms or something like that. It'd be infinitely more fun since legit wouldn't be suicide mode. There will still be a ton of enemies shooting you while you cap a mine, many of them Majors, and they're all a level above you so it won't be a cakewalk; but it'll be fair and fun.
After this week we deserve an easy mode. Also remember the servitors deal out void damage and they pack a punch

EL CUCO

Why are people assuming Skolas will be void next week? I don't think we'll ever see void during that encounter. There would be zero threats. I think we'll see no burn, Lightswitch + Brawler, personally.

Agent

Got 5 wins and the titan boots, which is exciting. I doubt i will go for anything else this week due to the map. Thanks for joining up iRawr and Mrs.

Does anyone need to do any boss farming for the elder cipher bounty? Looking to knock it out quick if anyone wants to team up.

noomi

noomi join us... a space opened up for PoE34

Would love to but I need to run out for a couple of hours with my wife and family. I won't be back until after 5-6PM EST.

Spoke with Nuszka he said he will be on around 1PM, wish I could run everything with everyone but life calls today.

I'll be on later, see you guys then.

P44

Looking for a perfect run - I think tactically we can do this, but I'm not good enough to carry a team alone, if anyones looking for that.

PSN: PXLIV

Gala

Thank you very much again, ruthless, but we really have to work on that Gjallarhorn drop rate in your chest next week! :)

Anyone doing PoE32? I still need it at least one time

ocean

Banned
Why are people assuming Skolas will be void next week? I don't think we'll ever see void during that encounter. There would be zero threats. I think we'll see no burn, Lightswitch + Brawler, personally.
Yup. With no burn to boost your damage staggering him will be harder, and killing him before mines probably impossible. It'll grant us a lot more flexibility in terms of being able to survive multiple shots and at the same time temper the speed at which we kill him so we'll actually have to deal with the hot potato and everything. It sounds very promising and I'm anxious to play a "clean" Skolas. I think it'll be tough but fair :)

I think Skolas can only have one modifier, and is limited to a burn type that rotates every week.

Ruttthhlllleesss. Why would you do this to me? Boss was only 200, lol.

We just ran the 34 and killed that first mini boss real quick, myself and milfhouse snagged the Queens bow.

Weird, Destiny tracker listed it as 250 points.

Thanks once again Ruthless for providing the Gorgon's CP!
Got a nice little Truth shard out of it.

So there's all you badass heavy-hitters reaching Mercury, and then there are plenty of us scrubs not even getting the boots.

Are there any vets willing to take mercy on us and help us put 3 wins together? After all, that is what Unstable called for last week, isn't it?

I'll try and come out of the ToO retirement with Tears later on to knock this out with you.
We're kind of burned out right now, ask Grim he knows how much. I hope you can find a competent team right now and get this over with!

I've done 6 Mercury runs this week, and another 3 that at least got some boots and packages. Down to help more folks later tonight but not sure when I'll be able to get back on. Definitely need two seasoned players per run though, this week is pretty harsh.

boofa

Neo Member
I think I'm done with ToO for the week unless there are a couple of strong backs tho carry me. Only got 5 wins once.

^^^^^

Thanks, guys. This is why GAF is special and different from LFG, GameFAQs, and all the other sites I've frequented.

Sorry to put such direct pressure, but we newbs need your wide wings to carry us to a better day!

Thanks once again Ruthless for providing the Gorgon's CP!
Got a nice little Truth shard out of it.

I'll try and come out of the ToO retirement with Tears later on to knock this out with you.
We're kind of burned out right now, ask Grim he knows how much. I hope you can find a competent team right now and get this over with!

Yeah I kept telling em they didn't have to play but they we insistent that all SoM get to Mercury. So off we went and then I ended up having to drag us across the finish line. :p

Edit: Watching the recording of our run to Mercury on Robinson's channel right now. Oh boy do I curse a lot.

Deku Tree

I've done 6 Mercury runs this week, and another 3 that at least got some boots and packages. Down to help more folks later tonight but not sure when I'll be able to get back on. Definitely need two seasoned players per run though, this week is pretty harsh.

Seems like the competiton is only going to get harder in future weeks as more of the casual PvP audience tires of the mode.

^^^^^

Thanks, guys. This is why GAF is special and different from LFG, GameFAQs, and all the other sites I've frequented.

Sorry to put such direct pressure, but we newbs need your wide wings to carry us to a better day!

It shouldn't be necessary. Game should have ranked matchmaking.

Bungie is basically matching pee wee hockey players with NHL all stars.

ocean

Banned
Skolas has ridiculously huge health for no-burn. I think the Skolas encounter will always have one modifier that is an elemental burn.
Black Hammers and Gjallarhorns out, capturing mines and passing the debuff around while he's still alive honestly sounds fun. Better than Solar Gjallamelt or Arc suicide at any rate.

Seems like the competiton is only going to get harder in future weeks as more of the casual PvP audience tires of the mode.

That's why I'm curtailing my raiding/PoE runs and spending the vast majority of my Destiny hours in the Crucible practicing. I know that's what my future enemies are doing.

Top-of-Page 1-Shot Hawkmoon love:

Yeah I kept telling em they didn't have to play but they we insistent that all SoM get to Mercury. So off we went and then I ended up having to drag us across the finish line. :p

Edit: Watching the recording of our run to Mercury on Robinson's channel right now. Oh boy do I curse a lot.

Don't worry we curse more, I told you it was the uncensored and X-rated version :)

lt519

What happened to Zobas train last night, don't see any doc updates. Don't want to sounds whiny but I've been passed over for two weeks now ): if anyone wants to form a team, doesn't have to be flawless that can help me out I'd be ecstatic.

ocean

Banned
It shouldn't be necessary. Game should have ranked matchmaking.

Bungie is basically matching pee wee hockey players with NHL all stars.
That much is true. But again, I don't really see a problem with some loot being available to the best of the best. They deserve it no? I'll likely never see Mercury. I won't have a Solar Scholar...but I have Vision of Confluence.

What I mean is, the drops aren't actually a higher tier than what we have obtained via PvE. They're status symbols, marks of success among the elites. Sort of like the Skolas shader or PoE elemental primaries. Not better than the other stuff but a mark of accomplishment.

I feel OK with people more talented than I having unique gear as a testament to the fact. And those who get there via carry and flaunt their spoils are like those who get their PvE loot by cheesing.

All is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom