• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

That much is true. But again, I don't really see a problem with some loot being available to the best of the best. They deserve it no? I'll likely never see Mercury. I won't have a Solar Scholar...but I have Vision of Confluence.

What I mean is, the drops aren't actually a higher tier than what we have obtained via PvE. They're status symbols, marks of success among the elites. Sort of like the Skolas shader or PoE elemental primaries. Not better than the other stuff but a mark of accomplishment.

I feel OK with people more talented than I having unique gear as a testament to the fact. And those who get there via carry and flaunt their spoils are like those who get their PvE loot by cheesing.

All is well.

Problem I have is the drop rates for Skolas are VoG Oracles Foil drop rate tier awful. And the elemental primaries from ToO are guaranteed for a 9-0.

I've done 6 Mercury runs this week, and another 3 that at least got some boots and packages. Down to help more folks later tonight but not sure when I'll be able to get back on. Definitely need two seasoned players per run though, this week is pretty harsh.

Hypotheticly...Can you strongback to 6-2 with boons on your own? It just sucks to see the community lose two top players for a couple of hours for each average player. The ratio is terrible compared to one clutch player getting three average players and two scrubs through crota.

ich00

Triple is always taking his subscribers to Mercury, and that requires a $5 monthly fee.

I guess I should have been more clear, cause I don't think that's really a big deal. I saw streamers yesterday saying specifically if you paid $25.00 you got on a vip list that got you a carry to 9-0 and paid $50.00 you got an insta carry to 9-0.

And don't get me wrong I don't vault the streamers for trying to make money. It's more the fault of Bungie for creating a game mode that gives guaranteed drops that are desirable to people in ToO, and creating a game mode in PoE which only gives you a chance at a drop.

If I had the skill I'd be running ToO every week to get the 9-0 and the shot at useful primaries and skipping the lvl 35 PoE all together.

As it is i've had a hard time just getting 5 wins.

milkham

So assuming that Skolas is on a regular rotation, and next week he is Void Burn -- what would be the best snipers to use?

I really can't see them letting us have void burn, it'd be too easy. they always choose punishing perks like lightswitch to go with certain enemies. I think if anything after arc burning us they'll small arms us on Skolas.

ich00

Problem I have is the drop rates for Skolas are VoG Oracles Foil drop rate tier awful. And the elemental primaries from ToO are guaranteed for a 9-0.

This is exactly my issue. Make the lvl 35 PoE have a chance at dropping a weapon after every round, just like VoG and Crota. It baffles me why they didn't do this.

ocean

Banned
100% with you there. It's the main problem with the Skolas encounter, coupled with that god awful Fallen perk in lieu of something more useful like Outlaw or Firefly or something.

Theorry

That's why I'm curtailing my raiding/PoE runs and spending the vast majority of my Destiny hours in the Crucible practicing. I know that's what my future enemies are doing.

Top-of-Page 1-Shot Hawkmoon love:

Since when do enemies have max 168 health instead of 200? :p

In the end PvE drop rates are crap and PvP drop rates are guaranteed.

Everything has been flipped and PvE focused players are suffering because of it.

I'm so unhappy with this expansion yet I still want to go on.

If it wasn't for this community my return would already be over.

I need 2 people for a PoE 34. I'm not certain but from the times I've done it, it seems that a Titan is essential. I'm a hunter.
My psn is Vincentgrey.

coy

I was hoping for a HoW shotgun from Crucible when the Matador 64 finally dropped after a dozen or so matches. My 5th reroll got me a Shot Package/LitC combo that I'll keep. Glad the effort was rewarded.

EL CUCO

Skolas has ridiculously huge health for no-burn. I think the Skolas encounter will always have one modifier that is an elemental burn.
Bungie doesn't take into account "huge health" for bosses lol especially not with all the Gjally flying around these days.

Magwik

Banned
I'm so glad I picked Destiny up again last week after dropping it months ago
Enjoying PVP more than I remembered even if it is Thorns everywhere

The thing I hate the most about this expansion is the lack of checkpoints for PoE

Fuck off Bungie.

I have a wife and 4 kids, if I need to leave my PoE run and want to come back later I should fucking be able to.

Raids with checkpoints were the only way I could have done them most of the time, bunch of unthoughtful pricks

ooooo we need to stop checkpoint sharing blah blah

Fuck off

Jinjo

Yeah I kept telling em they didn't have to play but they we insistent that all SoM get to Mercury. So off we went and then I ended up having to drag us across the finish line. :p

Edit: Watching the recording of our run to Mercury on Robinson's channel right now. Oh boy do I curse a lot.

It's all cause I warmed up the boys I tell ya. ;P Is the recording off my Mercury run on there too? If so, what's the link? Kinda want to see that too, some great moments in there.

Daemul

Jesus, I've just seen the most hilarious thing ever in PvP.

I was playing a Clash match on Firebase Delphi and I had just spawned back in a C point. I was making my way to jump through the window which people normally use to get to B point, but I stopped when I noticed the faint red indicator pop up on my radar showing that an enemy player was standing right next to window.

My teammates didn't notice this though, and three of them jumped through the window one at a time only to be Felwintered by the enemy player who had camped there waiting for them to come through
KuGsj.gif

Normally I would be mad when a teammate screws the rest of us over in such an idiotic way, but it was the funniest thing that I've seen in a long time.

WipedOut

In the end PvE drop rates are crap and PvP drop rates are guaranteed.

Everything has been flipped and PvE focused players are suffering because of it.

I'm so unhappy with this expansion yet I still want to go on.

If it wasn't for this community my return would already be over.

This right here, it has made me not want to play the 35 encounter more than once a week. I haven't even been able to beat him this week and we were trying to do it legit.

ERMint13

Haven't gotten to 9-0 this week yet. I was there with my group then we all went red bar twice in one match and I was kicked both times. We lost those rounds and of course the one was the final 4-4 round.

I've run some cards where we get no real tough competition and others where it's just elite clan after elite clan. Either way I know I'm not playing as well as I did last week. I'm just really not comfortable with this map and that hurts my team.

What happened to Zobas train last night, don't see any doc updates. Don't want to sounds whiny but I've been passed over for two weeks now ): if anyone wants to form a team, doesn't have to be flawless that can help me out I'd be ecstatic.

What about your neighbor?!

Qwell

Doing one last attempt on boots for Warlock. Back to needing 5 wins.

Just so close to calling it quits.
I can join if you need another Nami, been doing pretty decent the past 2 days and could use some wins on my lock and hunter (more than 5 if you are up for it)

PSN = Qwell

Deku Tree

If you play skirmish with randoms your team needs to stick together or you'll lose. I hate when my team mates go off on their own and I'm constantly facing 3v1 encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom