• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

There is a lot of supportive people in here, but there is also a ton who complain a lot as well. I'm mostly on the outside looking in, as I have no real ties here compared to the Halo thread, heh.

People should complain. The game is far from perfect and complaining is the only way things change.

EL CUCO

Not assuming, just wishful thinking.

I think Skolas can only have one modifier, and is limited to a burn type that rotates every week.
I was wondering if it was some data mined info.
They cut Valus Spongebob's health by a third.
True, but I think they did that because the fight was extremely annoying and people were skipping it in the strike playlist. Same reason why they mentioned about tweeking the Omnigul strike.

If it was something like Randal the Vandal, then yeah. but if we're burning the end game boss in 20 seconds with Sniper on burn modifiers, I'd think his health is fine. And honestly, he isn't even that tough. It's all the adds around him that make the fight harder to manage. I think the Round 5 Servitor has 1000% more health lol

nOoblet16

I don't see how people can call PoE repetitive, yet play vog and crota every week and not say it for those raids. If anything, vog or Crota is more repetitive than Poe because those never change week from week. They're always the same thing.

Because one content requires actual physical progression through a level while other is a wave based game mode in a room with modifiers.

Also one lets you take checkpoints.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've yet do to ever do iron banner or trials of osiris, is being max light level mandatory? I want to start trying Osiris (preferably with a gaf group) but I'm still 32.

I have 0 etheric light since HoW launched, i need dem upgraydds.

How has been a godsend for pvpers as well. Until now all we've had is Iron Banner *pukes*

Now we actually get something fun and rewarding with sweet exclusive pvp only loot. I love it.

It's great. I got tired of the Crucible months ago, and have only hopped in for Iron Banner occasionally. Now there's this sweet new mode that plays completely differently to everything else and is highly focused on team play and strategy. The great loot is amazing, too, as a primarily PvE player. Have so much Etheric Light I no longer know what to do with it :p

It's fun to finally play with different groups to try and get all those sweet packages, and given some grit and luck, Mercury as well. The mode is so intense and makes you really fight for every round, which is awesome. Things can turn around in seconds. Still need the 9-0 on my Hunter which I will be trying tomorrow. Fingers/Thumbs crossed.

This week really pushing me to calling it quit after nearly 9 months. Be it Skolas dropping shit or getting close to the boots only to have to start things all over again, this week has been terrible. My chances of getting Black Hammer again are better than getting any PoE elemental primary. Hell, I have better chances with the Crux than with Elder Cipher.

Do you expect to have everything after less than 2 weeks?

M3Rocket

Really? Alright.

*adds to ignore list*

I have shared my dislike for many of the things in HoW. I had a difficult time this weekend and all I'm seeking are boots. And for the record, that nothing but trash post is a meme.

New post for this page: Should we start a list for those just wanting 5 wins? Should be a lot easier carry for the experts and quicker?

Deku Tree

I was wondering if it was some data mined info.

True, but I think they did that because the fight was extremely annoying and people were skipping it in the strike playlist. Same reason why they mentioned about tweeking the Omnigul strike.

If it was something like Randal the Vandal, then yeah. but if we're burning the end game boss in 20 seconds with Sniper on burn modifiers, I'd think his health is fine. And honestly, he isn't even that tough. It's all the adds around him that make the fight harder to manage.

No datamined info on future Skolas modifiers.

I think Skolas with no burn will have way too much health if they don't stealth reduce it. Seems like the Skolas encounter was designed with a burn in mind.

It took you guys until almost 5am est to get it and you said your not doing it again this week and kadey tried it for eight hours straight with several different teams of GAF pros. I gave up on Skolas this week with ARC burn after staying up too late one night. Hard to call that "not tough" IMO. Especially when all we are talking about is the quick cheese Strat and Very few are even willing to try it "legit".

Tawpgun

Surprised at how many players are complaining ToO is too hard, and that it's not fair the elemental primaries are locked away in Mercury.

When the only way to get elemental primaries before was to do 6 man hard pve content. Or beat Skolas.

PvP finally has a true endgame.

Oh, and it's the only endgame you can't cheese :)

CLBridges

Playing PoE has really made my anticipation for the new Mass Effect increase, hope E3 has some reveals/gameplay. On topic though, I'm still happy that I got to unlock Mercury and picked up that void Scout rifle, along with my ascended Fatebringer and Vision, I'm pretty set on elemental primaries. Still need to do PoE 35 at some point before reset and hope for one of those Elder ciphers, really want that new shotty.

I am curious, how do you record a stream ?

You can make a highlight of the stream, I usually have the stream archived for 30 days and if you want to save it you can make a highlight out of it. Not a Twitch pro though so i don't know if there's an easier way.

It's all cause I warmed up the boys I tell ya. ;P Is the recording off my Mercury run on there too? If so, what's the link? Kinda want to see that too, some great moments in there.

I'll make a highlight out of our run and PM you the link if you want!

How do I get gud?

Practice, practice, practice. Also, try making some online friends to roll with - the more you play together, the better chance you have.

Also, record your failures and admit when you make mistakes, and learn from them.

Don't get mad. Especially at teabaggers. Being mad will likely make you let your fireteam down. Stick together, and watch where your team is at all times and cover their asses if they mess up, too. This weeks ToO map is horrible for splitting up and an aggressive team can make that happen to you fast if you don't pay attention to your exits and your team mates positions. Don't be afraid to fall back. WAY back, if needed. Regrouping together is better than trying to finish the kill and failing - even if it means they get a revive.

We won plenty rounds because the other team felt too confident they could finish us off at 3 on 2, and lost many for the same reason...

WARNING: Do not sit idly in the Reef/Tower with Emblem/Gear/Weapons or you will get spammed for invites to "trails?/?" or "tirals?///" or "tialrs??/?".

New post for this page: Should we start a list for those just wanting 5 wins? Should be a lot easier carry for the experts and quicker?

I'm partial to 6 wins for the e-light, and will sign up right away if you make one...but that may complicate things more than necessary. I think it would be nice to see more posts from the "3x9-0" gaffers like Rubenov's earlier just offering to jump in and help out. And less of "I'm a great player but need a second to carry X to Mercury.

Especially on weeks like this where the rounds take longer.

I think this is really a good idea. More GAFfers could run others to 5 wins, as that really is not all that hard with at least 1 good player on the team.

This week's list was insane and things need to be changed up for next week.

Also, just my 2 cents, venting is fine and all, but reading all the ToO hate just because you can't get to the loot you apparently so desperately need comes off as childish to me.
That being said, elemental primaries being locked behind a mode that does not involve elemental damage is quite stupid.

EL CUCO

I think Skolas with no burn will have way too much health if they don't stealth reduce it. Seems like the Skolas encounter was designed with a burn in mind.

It took you guys until almost 5am est to get it and you said your not doing it again this week and kadey tried it for eight hours straight with several different teams of GAF pros. I gave up on Skolas this week with ARC burn after staying up too late one night. Hard to call that "not tough" IMO. Especially when all we are talking about is the quick cheese Strat and Very few are even willing to try it "legit"?
We actually did the fight legit. I mean, we're supposed to burn him down while we have the chance. We did a complete round of mines and passed the poison about 3 or 4 times prior to killing him. That's not really cheese. We're just smashing him when we have the chance. Like I said, it's all the adds around you that do you in 95% of the time. We kept getting one shotted by a sniper or surrounded while disarming a mine. Skolas himself is staggerable and very slow. Dem adds tho

Korosenai

It's great. I got tired of the Crucible months ago, and have only hopped in for Iron Banner occasionally. Now there's this sweet new mode that plays completely differently to everything else and is highly focused on team play and strategy. The great loot is amazing, too, as a primarily PvE player. Have so much Etheric Light I no longer know what to do with it :p

It's fun to finally play with different groups to try and get all those sweet packages, and given some grit and luck, Mercury as well. The mode is so intense and makes you really fight for every round, which is awesome. Things can turn around in seconds. Still need the 9-0 on my Hunter which I will be trying tomorrow. Fingers/Thumbs crossed.
Couldnt have said it better myself.

Exactly, which is why it's so satisfying to go to Mercury. Going 9-0 in Trials beats anything I did in PvE.

MildSoss

We actually did the fight legit. I mean, we're supposed to burn him down while we have the chance. We did a complete round of mines and passed the poison about 3 or 4 times prior to killing him. That's not really cheese. We're just smashing him when we have the chance. Like I said, it's all the adds around you that do you in 95% of the time. We kept getting one shotted by a sniper or surrounded while disarming a mine. Skolas himself is staggerable and very slow. Dem adds tho

Yup, skolas wasn't the problem, it was those adds that could literally one shot you at times. Nothing like a random dreg grenade that can wipe your whole team in a single throw. lol

I think this is really a good idea. More GAFfers could run others to 5 wins, as that really is not all that hard with at least 1 good player on the team.

Also, just my 2 cents, venting is fine and all, but reading all the ToO hate just because you can't get to the loot you apparently so desperately need comes off as childish to me.
That being said, elemental primaries being locked behind a mode that does not involve elemental damage is quite stupid.

Yeah some of us don't care about Mercury just want a few wins for the armor.

And ToO kicks ass, even if you're not kicking ass.

Sofa King

Surprised at how many players are complaining ToO is too hard, and that it's not fair the elemental primaries are locked away in Mercury.

When the only way to get elemental primaries before was to do 6 man hard pve content. Or beat Skolas.

PvP finally has a true endgame.

Yes you can cheese it. There are plenty of scrubs that are getting carried to Mercury. I would love to get carried, BTW, but Xboners aren't that organized.

Lnkn52

PoE was designed so they can say content is always changing. We all know it's all setup via an excel sheet or some random math. I doubt they are testing these modifiers combinations.

PoE was designed so they can say content is always changing. We all know it's all setup via an excel sheet or some random math.

I doubt they are testing these modifiers.
They're not. Pretty much like Nightfall, they already have it mapped out for the coming weeks. I bet not a single team at Bungie could beat Skolas legitimately for this week.

Get off the fence and pick one. We wouldn't give a shit if it was for a shader or a PvP weapon with elemental burns. I couldn't give a fuck that I didn't win IB enough to get felwinters lie. It's the good PvE loot being behind a mode that is set up to crush PvE players that's causing the hate.

Gold_Loot

Ran out of time to kill skolas, family stuff

Thanks for the checkpoint Bungie you motherfuckers
Not to sound rude, but I'm in the same position myself. I work full time, have a wife and two kids. I always keep things short and simple during the day ( bounties, crucible, public events ect. )

If you know you are going into a grueling battle, or raiding, do it later in the evening or when you know you have a few hours to spare.

Yeah it can be a hassle, but having "raid" night or a set schedule works well for me.

raindoc

Please help me end this sunday on a good note, Gaf. I had to quit out of Skolas at 3 am today and have actually lost every single game of ToO I entered with random gaffers and friends.

UyxgUEb.jpg

Mindlog

Anyone in PoE?
I need to run a quick 34 PoE with my Hunter.
Please help me end this sunday on a good note, Gaf. I had to quit out of Skolas at 3 am today and have actually lost every single game of ToO I entered with random gaffers and friends.
We did finally end up beating it :]
No Skolas weapon drops :\
That man is stingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom