• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tears and Robinson have been tag teaming to help ppl get to Mercury. That reply to Tears did come off a bit heated on paper. (Not literal paper but whatevs) Not a huge deal but the ppl helping out already do feel a ton of pressure to get ppl where they wanna go.
Hey Grim!

Excellent example of my last post. Grim had a tough time getting to the Lighthouse as well, but at least (it sounded like) he was having fun during the matches he was playing, instead of being fixated on some RNG loot.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I get the frustration. For me its this week's map, but I'm frustrated about ToO right now as well.
The mode ToO itself is real fun however IMO, and people should not give up on it. Practice makes perfect!

But it had checkpoints. I don't mind spending many hours to fail, and pick up again the next day. It's the spending many hours and having to start over again that sucks. Plus, it doesn't help that I don't find the encounters leading up to the end very interesting. Hide here, shoot that with some defender or invis hunter defuse mines on the side. Whooo. I really thought horde mode would be like defend the confluxes or the enemies are moving against each other on patrol.

Edit...Shit post at the top. Sorry for the whining.

The state of Destiny is indeed unbalanced right now. You're not incorrect about a lot of your issues with PvE and it's rewards.

Gold_Loot

But it had checkpoints. I don't mind spending many hours to fail, and pick up again the next day. It's the spending many hours and having to start over again that sucks. Plus, it doesn't help that I don't find the encounters leading up to the end very interesting. Hide here, shoot that with some defender or invis hunter defuse mines on the side. Whooo. I really thought horde mode would be like defend the confluxes or the enemies are moving against each other on patrol.

Edit...Shit post at the top. Sorry for the whining.

OsirisBanner.jpg
Yeah I hear ya ( see my edit ) but I still think, as time goes on, the trial will go a lot smoother.

So, I'm a late bloomer when it comes to Destiny. I'm usually playing CoD but the last two weeks I've gotten back into Destiny.

Today I partied up with a random dude I met while completing some Patrols. He calls in two more friends and we jump into Vault of Glass since I don't have any of the expansions yet.

Along our route, of course there are a few chests.

On the second one I received a Thunderlord. Everyone congratulates me and lets me know how lucky I am, being a level 29 and all.

Third chest comes around and I get. Gjallarhorn. The level 34 guy who was with us basically throws his controller down and just keeps repeating "I can't believe it. This isn't fair. I can't believe it..."

So, what's so good about the Thunderlord and the Gjallarhorn?

Also, for a first time VoG I almost can't figure out how total beginners managed to understand how to beat it haha. It's pretty intense.

Mindlog

I need 400 PoE points. Anyone else?
Hey Mindlog. Up for a 35 or u done on all ur alts?
My Titan still needs 35, but if possible I'd like to do it after that idiot Variks finishes fixing my Cipher. Don't know how long that is going to take. A couple hours at most.

I'd also like to clear 34 again on my Hunter that way I can swap all my PoE weapons to the Titan and not worry about them anymore.

So, I'm a late bloomer when it comes to Destiny. I'm usually playing CoD but the last two weeks I've gotten back into Destiny.

Today I partied up with a random dude I met while completing some Patrols. He calls in two more friends and we jump into Vault of Glass since I don't have any of the expansions yet.

On the second one I received a Thunderlord. Everyone congratulates me and lets me know how lucky I am, being a level 29 and all.

Third chest comes around and I get. Gjallarhorn. The level 34 guy who was with us basically throws his controller down and just keeps repeating "I can't believe it. This isn't fair. I can't believe it..."

Also, for a first time VoG I almost can't figure out how total beginners managed to understand how to beat it haha. It's pretty intense.

Third chest gjallarhorn? Do you mean from Atheon?

also Gjallarhorn is Destiny's best weapon lol

BokehKing

Banned

Not sure if serious
Pretty sure they told you the importance and rarity of said weapons

Anyone have a link to Unstable's list? I can't seem to find it; I know I was number 93 or so on it, so I doubt he'll get to me, plus it would actually be my son playing for me. Just curious who he's up to now.

Hey Grim!

Excellent example of my last post. Grim had a tough time getting to the Lighthouse as well, but at least (it sounded like) he was having fun during the matches he was playing, instead of being fixated on some RNG loot.

Not to inflate SoM ego's even more, but I was having fun because I was in good company. Had fun running with McArkus and Sullichin in ToO last week too because it was a nice casual and fun team to roll with. We finished 1 win shy of getting Sulli to Mercury btw. I'm no where near strong back material but I enjoy playing ToO with ppl who are out to have fun over anything else.

Edit: Did manage Mercury on my 5th ever ticket so it wasnt terribly frustrating for me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Certain people have been playing day one and just recently got those. They are the top tier weapons of their class. And one is a major game changer.

I re-read my post and apologize, it was meant to be tough guy, and came across a bit assholish.

I think I'm mostly fired up because PoE sucks and I really did have fun with ToO last week, but this week has turned to frustration. I do have fun running it, but I'm having a hard time articulating what is frustrating me...and that's a pisser in and of itself. I think it has to do with not wanting to be the guy to waste someone elses boon.

Hee it is all good man nothing personal. I get the frustration, I really do and things can get heated. Sometimes we just have to reflect and think about having fun, myself included.

Not to inflate SoM ego's even more, but I was having fun because I was in good company. Had fun running with McArkus and Sullichin in ToO last week too because it was a nice casual and fun team to roll with. We finished 1 win shy of getting Sulli to Mercury btw. I'm no where near strong back material but I enjoy playing ToO with ppl who are out to have fun over anything else.

Edit: Did manage Mercury on my 5th ever ticket so it wasnt terribly frustrating for me.

Judging by your cursing you had some fun yesterday ;)

A_Gorilla

Banned

Gjallarhorn is basically Destiny's "Fuck you, I win" weapon for PvE. You point it at what you want dead and shoot. If all three of your teammates have it, nothing in the game can stand up to you (except for Skolas right now since its Arc Burn).

noomi

Got all 3 ciphers, now we play the waiting game... Whatother exotics are left? The fate of all fools?

Also more appropriate than ever....

Destiny |OT23| ToO Hard

I re-read my post and apologize, it was meant to be tough guy, and came across a bit assholish.

I think I'm mostly fired up because PoE sucks and I really did have fun with ToO last week, but this week has turned to frustration. I do have fun running it, but I'm having a hard time articulating what is frustrating me...and that's a pisser in and of itself. I think it has to do with not wanting to be the guy to waste someone elses boon.

If you join me I can be the reason we lose boons :D

It sounded like you said Tears has to pick up people from the list, while he has been doing that for almost 3 whole days. If that is not what you intended to say then I'm sorry. It seems like the expectations were too high and people expect guaranteed 9-0s, that's why I'll back out next week.

Good, I'll get to it now and PM you the link in 5 min.

Not at all. I meant that he said that he didn't like the hate, but admitted that it's stupid for the good stuff to be locked behind expert PvP.

I wanted him to pick one of those. Either let us hate that the good stuff is locked away or admit that the good stuff is fine locked away from PvE guys.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons/special/sniper?sort=aim&desc=1&tier=8

Well this is odd. according to this list, the LDR only has 49% aim assist. There are weapons I've used such as Prudence and Eye of Sol with a lot more aim assist. Hell, the LGH is above it and I've tried that out too.

But sniping with the LDR is so much easier. I don't know what it is but this thing makes me feel like a god.

Got all 3 ciphers, now we play the waiting game... Whatother exotics are left? The fate of all fools?

Also more appropriate than ever....

Destiny |OT23| ToO Hard

This and A House Divided are amazing.

Lnkn52

My post wasn't a dig at you by the way, great job on the list, but it just got a little out of hand with the amount of people signing up.

The list is alway going to look overbearing the first time around. By tomorrow I'll know how much less that list is going to be because I know over ten people have made it through mercury because of the volunteers.

But if we're going to wine on how you've missed your spot, how the volunteer had to leave because life was too important than Destiny, or that volunteer couldn't help us make it to Mercury because the competition was too tough.

Mercury wasn't guaranteed but that was the goal.

Not sure if serious
Pretty sure they told you the importance and rarity of said weapons
They mentioned I was really lucky and that it was "a really good gun." Apart from that, we were too busy to really talk about it. I definitely came in handy, though! I'm reading up on the weapons now on a few wiki like sites. Call it a lucky day!

JayHayabusa

I need 400 PoE points. Anyone else?

My Titan still needs 35, but if possible I'd like to do it after that idiot Variks finishes fixing my Cipher. Don't know how long that is going to take. A couple hours at most.

I'd also like to clear 34 again on my Hunter that way I can swap all my PoE weapons to the Titan and not worry about them anymore.

K man. Let me know when u r ready to go. Would like to knock 35 on at least one character this week. I'll bring my Titan 365 Fang, 365 Patience, 365 Thunderlord and 331 Queen Rocket

Haybro

Anybody want to run a sodium free / stress free ToO? I'd like to go for the boots, but no pressure. I mostly just want to have fun with it.

Psn: Haybro_

Up until recently Thunderlord was the rarest exotic weapon in the base game. As for Gjallarhorn, it deals out the highest DPS of any weapon in the game. It's been equally as hard to come by for most ppl.

Marvel

could never
Anybody want to run a sodium free / stress free ToO? I'd like to go for the boots, but no pressure. I mostly just want to have fun with it.

Psn: Haybro_
I'm good to go but I can't use mic atm for about an hour. Understand that's an issue, usually can use it.

Frenden

Banned
I think Up the Ante is a gun people will be miffed they missed out on.

The ADS/handling is absurdly high, it has the high RoF archetype for hand cannons that boasts company with Last Word and Thorn, and it has twelve in the magazine.

ADS feels like built-in Snapshot. I have Zen, Small Bore, and Hidden Hand, and it's a stable, rangey, rapid fire headshot machine.

The salt is not aimed at us in particular, but people shitting all over ToO is just such a shame. So what if you can't get the Mercury chest? Are you having fun playing ToO? If yes, then just keep knocking those matches out, get better along the way and have fun whilst doing it. If not, then stop playing ToO.
I haven't cleared 35 PoE yet because I think the encounter is inherently not fun. As such, I'm not going to bother with it. See how that works?

The way Bungie has everyone fiending for loot makes people forget they're just playing a game it seems. You know, to have fun.

The main problem would be the ToO weapons can work on PVE without trouble (why would you need elemental types PVP?) so of course people want it so bad and feel deprived of that content due being in PVP and also the new zone is pvp exclusive so is adding more salt to the wound.

Unlike PoE that can give you weapons from the vanilla game of Queens wrath weapons and you need to farm keys to open the chest, there is no real quest o side quest (like Eris for motes of light) to get at least one per week, better do crota for a double chance of exotics rather than mindless key farm on venus for one chance per week.

Saying this Bungie needs to rework and separate PVP weapons from PVE weapons to be funtional only in their respective fields.

Bungie needs to learn to add and modify content with patchs on the same DLC and not rely of their fanbase to wait patiently for the incoming DLC to fix some of the issues

Lnkn52

The main problem would be the ToO weapons can work on PVE without trouble (why would you need elemental types PVP?) so of course people want it so bad and feel deprived of that content due being in PVP and also the new zone is pvp exclusive so is adding more salt to the wound.

Unlike PoE that can give you weapons from the vanilla game of Queens wrath weapons and you need to farm keys to open the chest, there is no real quest o side quest (like Eris for motes of light) to get at least one per week, better do crota for a double chance of exotics rather than mindless key farm on venus for one chance per week.

Saying this Bungie needs to rework and separate PVP weapons from PVE weapons to be funtional only in their respective fields.

You're onto something,its Bungie fault not ours.

Unstable

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons/special/sniper?sort=aim&desc=1&tier=8

Well this is odd. according to this list, the LDR only has 49% aim assist. There are weapons I've used such as Prudence and Eye of Sol with a lot more aim assist. Hell, the LGH is above it and I've tried that out too.

But sniping with the LDR is so much easier. I don't know what it is but this thing makes me feel like a god.

This and A House Divided are amazing.

The secret is that it's not the weapon. It was you all along.

=D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom