• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
The main problem would be the ToO weapons can work on PVE without trouble (why would you need elemental types PVP?) so of course people want it so bad and feel deprived of that content due being in PVP and also the new zone is pvp exclusive so is adding more salt to the wound.

Unlike PoE that can give you weapons from the vanilla game of Queens wrath weapons and you need to farm keys to open the chest, there is no real quest o side quest (like Eris for motes of light) to get at least one per week, better do crota for a double chance of exotics rather than mindless key farm on venus for one chance per week.

Saying this Bungie needs to rework and separate PVP weapons from PVE weapons to be funtional only in their respective fields.

That would just silo good PvPers further. Giving them elemental primaries is supposed to help them complete the PvE content they might've overlooked as primarily multiplayer players.

Further, if they had PvP specific loot that, say, had only bonuses against other guardians, you'd have the best PvP players playing against scrubby PvP players with loot that makes the divide between them even deeper. Not gonna work.

The secret is that it's not the weapon. It was you all along.

=D

I don't know about that! I haven't had a really good sniper on this account yet so maybe the LDR is just a better match for me.

Also, my first impression of you is hilarious because my mic was messed up yesterday and everybody sounded like a robot. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if you were the Terminator.

Judging by your cursing you had some fun yesterday ;)

Yeah sometimes the wife has to give me a pregame talk about saying inappropriate things prior to going out in public.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons/special/sniper?sort=aim&desc=1&tier=8

Well this is odd. according to this list, the LDR only has 49% aim assist. There are weapons I've used such as Prudence and Eye of Sol with a lot more aim assist. Hell, the LGH is above it and I've tried that out too.

But sniping with the LDR is so much easier. I don't know what it is but this thing makes me feel like a god.

This and A House Divided are amazing.

Zona i missed my call out yesterday because I was out for friends bday. I did already get to mercury so no worries. But if you do have a bit of time later, I really appreciate help getting 3 wins on my hunter later. It'd nab him the gold package. If not I'm sure I can get a team together.

That would just silo good PvPers further. Giving them elemental primaries is supposed to help them complete the PvE content they might've overlooked as primarily multiplayer players.

Further, if they had PvP specific loot that, say, had only bonuses against other guardians, you'd have the best PvP players playing against scrubby PvP players with loot that makes the divide between them even deeper. Not gonna work.

They just need to make the PvE loot better. I'd take a Green version of all of the Yellow ToO gear with a guaranteed drop of specials and heavies on PoE 34 and primaries on PoE 35.

Trakan

PoE was designed so they can say content is always changing. We all know it's all setup via an excel sheet or some random math. I doubt they are testing these modifiers combinations.

The problem isn't any combination of modifiers, it's level 35. It's artificial difficulty. It will become as trivial as Crota come September.

I don't get it. VoG was a great challenge and didn't require being underleveled. I don't know when or why they decided that was a good idea, but I can only hope it stops with Comet.

The main problem would be the ToO weapons can work on PVE without trouble (why would you need elemental types PVP?) so of course people want it so bad and feel deprived of that content due being in PVP and also the new zone is pvp exclusive so is adding more salt to the wound.

Unlike PoE that can give you weapons from the vanilla game of Queens wrath weapons and you need to farm keys to open the chest, there is no real quest o side quest (like Eris for motes of light) to get at least one per week, better do crota for a double chance of exotics rather than mindless key farm on venus for one chance per week.

Saying this Bungie needs to rework and separate PVP weapons from PVE weapons to be funtional only in their respective fields.

Bungie needs to learn to add and modify content with patchs on the same DLC and not rely of their fanbase to wait patiently for the incoming DLC to fix some of the issues

As someone who plays both, I've usually had to play PVE to get any decent weapon for PVP. There can be one time when you have to play PVP to get a good set of weapons.

But it had checkpoints. I don't mind spending many hours to fail, and pick up again the next day. It's the spending many hours and having to start over again that sucks. Plus, it doesn't help that I don't find the encounters leading up to the end very interesting. Hide here, shoot that with some defender or invis hunter defuse mines on the side. Whooo. I really thought horde mode would be like defend the confluxes or the enemies are moving against each other on patrol.

Edit...Shit post at the top. Sorry for the whining.

OsirisBanner.jpg

Played the tacked on horde mode in Titanfall recently and it was so much fun flying around the map and fighting the waves of enemies. In Destiny it's hide somewhere and DPS until bullet sponge is dead.

geordiemp

They just need to make the PvE loot better. I'd take a Green version of all of the Yellow ToO gear with a guaranteed drop of specials and heavies on PoE 34 and primaries on PoE 35.

You have got them already...You got your Word of Crota, Vision of confluence, Fang, Fatebringer, Vex primaries with elemental.

And what have PVP only players got...nothing up until now.

But but but

So to be fair, they should start dropping Vision of confluence, Fang and Fatebringer in Ironbanner ?

They can make them a different colour ?

Bungie needs to learn to add and modify content with patchs on the same DLC and not rely of their fanbase to wait patiently for the incoming DLC to fix some of the issues
Absolutely agree with this. ToO having PVP focused drops, lets say unique perks meant for PVP on weapons would have made so much more sense.

But the game is the way it is sadly, and I don't see Bungie making such a massive change to ToO loot anytime soon.

PVP players have been given the shaft from release until ToO as well. As someone who likes both Pve and PvP content, I'd say: good on them, this time.

The problem isn't any combination of modifiers, it's level 35. It's artificial difficulty. It will become as trivial as Crota come September.

I don't get it. VoG was a great challenge and didn't require being underleveled. I don't know when or why they decided that was a good idea, but I can only hope it stops with Comet.

As someone who plays both, I've usually had to play PVE to get any decent weapon for PVP. There can be one time when you have to play PVP to get a good set of weapons.

But did you have to play it with only two other people and flawlessly? If just playing PvP was the only requirement, then so be it, but you have to be really good at it too.

And it shouldnt be like that, give PVP players more PVP weapons variations with kinetic impact or PVP exotics oriented, thats why IB should be there to gear up guardians in preparation for ToO.

Lets move ToO to be each month and IB to be a weekly if not some people would start to burnt out and stop doing ToO

You're onto something,its Bungie fault not ours.

PvP needs some weaks and improvement to be something bigger and longevous but Zoba is more experimented to comment on that

Frenden

Banned
I think the problem isn't with Osiris having good drops, it's with the Prison have mediocre to bad drops.

If PvE players had better gear to grind for, they wouldn't feel so salty about PvP players getting good stuff.

You have got them already...You got your Word of Crota, Vision of confluence, Fang, Fatebringer, Vex primaries with elemental.

And what have PVP only players got...nothing up until now.

But but but

So to be fair, they should start dropping Vision of confluence, Fang and Fatebringer in Ironbanner ?

They can make them a different colour ?

Of course...that would be great if IB got those weapons. Everyone should get to use them, so I'm not sure what your point is. And no, I don't have a solar Fatebringer or Arc VoC.

Trakan

But did you have to play it with only two other people and flawlessly? If just playing PvP was the only requirement, then so be it, but you have to be really good at it too.

Fair point, though I'd say you have to play flawlessly on some raid content. You have to be good at PVE to get good weapons and now there's an event where you have to be good at PVP.

There's really only 4 weapons you have to be good to get though. Well, an elemental version of 4 weapons anyway. The rest you can either buy or get from the Trials packages randomly.

Gold_Loot

Played the tacked on horde mode in Titanfall recently and it was so much fun flying around the map and fighting the waves of enemies. In Destiny it's hide somewhere and DPS until bullet sponge is dead.
I think the modifiers are the main problem. The trials are alot of fun until you get some arc burn wizards after you.

SkylineRKR

Fair point, though I'd say you have to play flawlessly on some raid content. You have to be good at PVE to get good weapons and now there's an event where you have to be good at PVP.

There's really only 4 weapons you have to be good to get though. Well, an elemental version of 4 weapons anyway. The rest you can either buy or get from the Trials packages randomly.

Not really.

We took level 28's into Atheon HM and they didn't have to do shit. We would beat VoG blind folded anyway. Even with 4. Sometimes I joined in without a proper loadout or gear, made a fatal error right away and the rest did the job and I got another mythoclast for it. Same goes for Crota Normal. A wipe wasn't fatal either.

netguy503

not that good but invite IHaveAnIce if you are still up for it

I'm up for it too if you still have space/don't get in/ someone cares to help me out out of the kindness of their hearts.

PSN: Netguy503

Edit: Damn, saw too late it was Xbox only. Anyone with a PS4 that can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom