• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

Not really.

We took level 28's into Atheon HM and they didn't have to do shit. We would beat VoG blind folded anyway. Even with 4. Sometimes I joined in without a proper loadout or gear, made a fatal error right away and the rest did the job and I got another mythoclast for it. Same goes for Crota Normal. A wipe wasn't fatal either.

Someone had to be good. If you got carried through PVE, the option to get carried through PVP is there.

geordiemp

Of course...that would be great if IB got those weapons. Everyone should get to use them, so I'm not sure what your point is. And no, I don't have a solar Fatebringer or Arc VoC.

Yes you do, arc VOC is called the Fang. Not much difference.

PVE Solar primary = Vex, Vision
PVP solar primary = Jewel.

PVE arc = Fang, Fatebringer
PVP = Messenger

see where this is going. OK, there are some differences, but they should ALL be top tier so that Everybody can do the RAID content. These guns should be desirable by all....

PVP only weapons with no elemental - nobody would play it.

In fact take the good guns out of a RAID, and nobody would do that either....funny that,,,in a loot game

raindoc

Please help me end this sunday on a good note, Gaf. I had to quit out of Skolas at 3 am today and have actually lost every single game of ToO I entered with random gaffers and friends.

UyxgUEb.jpg

"just" looking for new boots.

z3phon

It's my first time too! I don't have an issue with it. Hopefully we can get a third who's experienced.
Cool
Anyone up for level 32 Prison of Elders on PS4?

1. btkadams
2. z3phon ( psn: Zephon__ )
Please add your name.

Anyone want to help us with the lvl 32 PoE?

Yes you can cheese it. There are plenty of scrubs that are getting carried to Mercury. I would love to get carried, BTW, but Xboners aren't that organized.

I play Xbone and have gone to at least 8 wins a dozen times over these past 2 ToO, with multiple different groups. It's not so much organisation as it is mindset. No offense, but I'll never play trials with anyone expecting to be carried. First because chances of winning with someone like that are low if the other two don't go beast mode, and second I'm not beast mode so I need everyone on the team working together in order to not waste everyone's time in the long run. If you go in expecting to be carried you're a burden for the team and that's no fun for me at all, or a lot of more average players like myself I bet. Better to practice in another mode like skirmish or salvage until you get to a point as a team where you're able to support and play to your teams weaknesses together. It's better for everyone in the long run. You don't need to be a god at PvP destiny to do well, just some practice, decent gear and builds, communication, teamwork and a healthy amount of luck and humility. It goes a long way. I bet most people here would be able to do at least 5-2 here with each other if they went in with a positive mindset and played more cautiously, even with just one slightly above average player. But expecting to lose is going to net you the losses before you even begin, imo. Its frustrating, but you learn so much more from losing than from being carried.

I feel you. Last week was a breeze but I'm really struggling. Doesn't help that no one on my own FL will play with me so I have to rely on DestinyLFG.

I'm always down to play with anyone. I just need to learn to take a break after so many consecutive ToO losses and either do mindless events like bounties or switch it up to regular crucible.

Namikaze1

I like ToO. Just don't like Pantheon. That's been the biggest reason why I am so pissed off this weekend. Burning Shrine was alright. Hopefully next weekend's map is much better than this (please for all that is holy don't be anomaly!)

Someone had to be good. If you got carried through PVE, the option to get carried through PVP is there.

I've been going on about the ratio, but I'll circle back since you specifically mention this.

Crota NM -
1 really good player / 5 average or below
1:5

Crota HM -
1 really good player / 3 average players / 2 scrubs
1:5

ToO to 6 -
1 really good player / 1 average player / 1 scrub
1:2

ToO to Mercury -
2:1
2 really good players / 1 average or below

So for every really good player, the "community" is getting a much smaller RoI.

Nuszka

Woooo grats Nuszka!!!! Did unstable take him? Awesome, I'm happy for him :)

Nuszka is a great guy, we've been playing destiny together for months. He's my original reset crew bro! *fist bump*

So excited now, want to play more, pm me when you are available, congrats on 3x bounty. Btw Unsatble is amazing and what he does for the community is beyond exceptional.

MildSoss

I like ToO. Just don't like Pantheon. That's been the biggest reason why I am so pissed off this weekend. Burning Shrine was alright. Hopefully next weekend's map is much better than this (please for all that is holy don't be anomaly!)
Yeah, having much less fun with this one then last week.

BTW Nami, if you're having trouble using the Warlock switch to void walker with void fangs and use blink plus axion bolt. I love Sunsinger but the floaty jump makes it hard to get away some times.

Woooo grats Nuszka!!!! Did unstable take him? Awesome, I'm happy for him :)

Nuszka is a great guy, we've been playing destiny together for months. He's my original reset crew bro! *fist bump*

I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of playing with him.

So excited now, want to play more, pm me when you are available, congrats on 3x bounty. Btw Unsatble is amazing and what he does for the community is beyond exceptional.

Look at that, he posts all of the time and I managed to never argue with him. I would have remembered the name if I had.

raindoc

I'll be honest: ToO is a good thing for the competitive folks, but the loot (including the most beautiful skybox in the whole game) is a bit much to lock away from > 90% of the player base.

Destiny has always been a game of carrots, but this one is so effing huge, it has smaller carrots in orbit around it.

EDIT: still looking for a shoe-shopping team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom