• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... still need for this week:

Trials x2 (5 wins will do for each)

Templar x2 (I have the CP). Can go all the way to Atheon if fireteam wants but Templar must happen.

PoE Lv 35 x1 (might just not do this one. Too hard).

I think ToO is a brilliant concept and I thoroughly enjoy playing it (unless I am on the receiving end of repeated stomps). I want to get better at PVP (I used to be amazing back in the old SOCOM 1 & 2 days) so I can make it
to Mercury with my clan mates I play with all the time.

However I still put my name forward for any Mercury trains. Why? Partly for the loot, but really are the new weapons going to be any better than what I already have? PVE or PVP will not be any easier for having them. The exotic engram (imho) is ugly so I wouldn't use that. The main reason is to play alongside some of the really good PVPers from DGAF. Maybe learn a few things. God knows I've learnt a lot from watching Zoba, Unstable and the EJ/Tears streams. Not how to shoot things better but how to work the map. Especially on Pantheon. A map I have hardly touched.

If these Mercury lists are to continue (I hope so) then my suggestion would be to only allow those on it who have never visited Mercury at all. Or just run trains to get people the armour. Whatever the future plan is I thank the individuals in advance for the hard work and time they put into organising and running it.

The salt that's been going around isn't (I hope) aimed personally at anyone and is just people getting frustrated at shiny new things being locked out of reach. A brand new concept for us PVEers. If this weeks map had been better I feel people would have been more positive. But just think, at least it won't be Pantheon next week.....unless map is RNG then we are screwed.

Namikaze1

Yeah, having much less fun with this one then last week.

BTW Nami, if you're having trouble using the Warlock switch to void walker with void fangs and use blink plus axion bolt. I love Sunsinger but the floaty jump makes it hard to get away some times.
I still haven't gotten used to Blink yet. It's the one thing I'm having problems with on my Hunter. I'm just not a fan of Warlocks in general.

I'll give it a try.

Obscured

I think Up the Ante is a gun people will be miffed they missed out on.

The ADS/handling is absurdly high, it has the high RoF archetype for hand cannons that boasts company with Last Word and Thorn, and it has twelve in the magazine.

ADS feels like built-in Snapshot. I have Zen, Small Bore, and Hidden Hand, and it's a stable, rangey, rapid fire headshot machine.

you can't anymore.. it's from last expansion

the queen sniper rifle (Her Benevolence) has the same stats as far as impact and rate of fire

These two are close to my favorite weapons right now (I have a Her Mercy that is right up there with the Up the Ante).

What is up with people playing skirmish as a team for 2/3 of a match and then running around aimless for the last bit? All three I played today had the exact same pattern.

Overall I'd say HoW is a step up. The bounties are more fun than the swords of Crota (though I think those should still be out there), the story missions were better (though short and I think it is silly there is no option for matchmaking and zero incentive to do them more than once per character) and I'm really enjoying both ToO and PoE (despite having a hell of a time getting teams together to run them).

Kalamari

Will unstabie be streaming any more today?

Man I wish crucible had lobby chat, it's so fun to rustle the other teams jimmies before and after games. I miss good Halo.

Mindlog

Lord of Wolves is neat.
Wish it was Void.
On a scale of getting attacked by puppies and fighting Skolas, how difficult is Level 34 PoE?

I've only done the 32 PoE.
3 34 Horns make the fight a cakewalk.

Barring that the fight can get a little hairy. As long as someone is consistently killing the eyes you should be fine.

Super Good Advice is very effective against detain shields.
Use the chrome extension and never look back.
Going to have to.
I have no Vault space. Moving my PoE loadouts between characters is such a chore.

On a scale of getting attacked by puppies and fighting Skolas, how difficult is Level 34 PoE?

Its moderate until you get to the end boos (Qodron).

There you can take the easy way out with the 42 Horn Salute and finish him in 30 seconds, or take you time in which case the figh is a nightmare.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks Kadey. Yea I definitely needed to refresh / get a good night's sleep.

Don't let this game frustrate you to the point where you want to quit. That's the one beauty of the game. There are people who can help you do things. Just have to find the right people at times.

Boylamite

Just got booted from a PoE lv32 after finishing the fourth round. I should have known something was up when I didn't get a party invite. Really takes the wind out of your sails. Oh well, if anyone is interested in a 32 PoE run with a 33 hunter, hit me up., PSN Boylamite

nOoblet16

Yes you do, arc VOC is called the Fang. Not much difference.

PVE Solar primary = Vex, Vision
PVP solar primary = Jewel.

PVE arc = Fang, Fatebringer
PVP = Messenger

see where this is going. OK, there are some differences, but they should ALL be top tier so that Everybody can do the RAID content. These guns should be desirable by all....

PVP only weapons with no elemental - nobody would play it.

In fact take the good guns out of a RAID, and nobody would do that either....funny that,,,in a loot game

The guns (primary atleast) in Trials can be any element, I have a Jewel that is solar and another one that is void, a summoner that has void and another arc

Deku Tree

It's not that hard if your a level 34. There is an easy Strat for the round five boss involving waiting for cool downs on heavy ammo for up to ten minutes and going into the encounter and spamming horn rockets and poping a synth and spamming more rockets and killing the boss before the fight mechanics even start. Most groups only want or know how to do this now. It is not at all necessary though and the fight is perfectly easy without it. It is useful to have a Titan bubble though.

Here is the not waiting for synth and don't need a horn Strat:

Man lvl 34 quodron is a fairly easy and fun fight to do legit.

Strat: bring a Titan. Go all the way to the right. Clear adds. Shoot the key master whatever his name is dude. Shoot at boss. Shoot out of detainment. Pop heavy and unload on boss every cool down. Rinse and repeat until quodron is dead.

Did it with Breezy yesterday three times to farm the elder cypher bounty. Got 350 points per kill. As long as you kills yourself before returning to the airlock then resets the round lol.

I feel like I don't like the horn cheese for that fight because it's not nearly as fun and requires a 10 minute boring wait in the airlock and this is what everyone wants to do now and people usually say "that's the only way I've ever done the fight too lol".

The thing is that the boos Quodron has a detainment that gradually takes away your health until you die. And there is a "key master" enemy that one player can kill that makes it easier for them to shoot out of their detainment (and then help other players shoot out of their detainment).

The fight really isn't that hard and doesn't require you to be a "pro-mode" player and isn't a nightmare without the quick horn strat and generally takes much less time than the ten minutes to wait for synth (or longer if one person scrubs up some rockets).

HooYaH

Just got booted from a PoE lv32 after finishing the fourth round. I should have known something was up when I didn't get a party invite. Really takes the wind out of your sails. Oh well, if anyone is interested in a 32 PoE run with a 33 hunter, hit me up., PSN Boylamite

I'll join. PSN HooYaH

nOoblet16

I've been going on about the ratio, but I'll circle back since you specifically mention this.

Crota NM -
1 really good player / 5 average or below
1:5

Crota HM -
1 really good player / 3 average players / 2 scrubs
1:5

ToO to 6 -
1 really good player / 1 average player / 1 scrub
1:2

ToO to Mercury -
2:1
2 really good players / 1 average or below

So for every really good player, the "community" is getting a much smaller RoI.

You forgot to include PoE there, same ratio as Trials and PoE is honestly quite a bit tougher (even if due to cheap modifiers) than raids (unless you are first timing the raids ofcourse in which case it's hard but we aren't talking about that here)

nOoblet16

I hope this week they have Rusted lands for ToO to wash off the Pantheon's bad taste. Then again, that's one good map and then they might have Anamoly the week after.

Zocano

Finally got the PoE 35 Ship/Shader/Emblem.

Didn't have the key the first time so that was stupid. The fight shouldn't have burn at all. I think it's a really good fight but the burn is what makes it frustrating and annoying.

25 points from Dreg's Promise, though. Gonna have some fun with that.

Jabronium

I think I'm giving up on 34 PoE this week. Here's hoping next week's is more forgiving for those without Horns.

Regarding Iron Banner this week, any idea what light level the armor will be? My wife is going to be out of town Friday AM until late Monday night so I'm strongly considering putting myself through the grinder if the gear won't require ascending (since thus far I've only managed one etheric light from a lucky NF drop). Of course, given that the only crucible I've ever done to this point is to finish my Bad Juju bounty...well, I'll probably be looking for a (very forgiving) train to hop on if available.

Frenden

Banned
So how good is the ToO scout? I got a void one. All perks unlocked too.
It's the highest impact tier (Badger CCL and Ghaleon being other examples) and is a three hit headshot killer. No vendors are currently selling a scout with that impact rating. Beastly.

It's not that hard if your a level 34. There is an easy Strat for the round five boss involving waiting for cool downs on heavy ammo for up to ten minutes and going into the encounter and spamming horn rockets and poping a synth and spamming more rockets and killing the boss before the fight mechanics even stat. Most groups only want or know how to do this now. It is not at all necessary though and the fight is perfectly easy without it. It is useful to have a Titan bubble though.

Here is the not waiting for synth and don't need a horn Strat:

The fight really isn't that hard and doesn't require you to be a "pro-mode" player and isn't a nightmare without the quick horn strat and generally takes much less time than the ten minutes to wait for synth (or longer if one person scrubs up some rockets).

I should really write down a strat for it. But yeah, we did it what...3 times yesterday doing the Cipher point quest? It really isn't all that bad and doesn't require sitting for 10 minutes~

Top of page, NAMI DON'T GIVE UP I BELIEVE IN YOU:
CpFQwqB.png

nOoblet16

Why do I have a 3.0+ in crucible but we can't win a single match in Trials?

Because in Crucible you can kill people from behind and side who are not aware of you, in Trials that never happens because everyone is aware of everyone atleast while engagement. You never go "woah where did he kill me from"....the engagement is direct and hence you need proper support and tactic to counter teams that play *insert whatever strategy the map favours*

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If I could I'd give you mine. Got two from NF this week. OTL

The roll on Xur's was pretty low anyways.
Just need it for his turns in Trials. I want to buy a bunch of synth too :( I must have walked past xur 4 times and just forgot

mattxt08

Banned
Can a team please help me to get a ToO flawless run on PS4? Sitting at 3-0 but used the mercy item already. 70% win rate and ~1.45 kd using a 34 hunter.

EL CUCO

Has anyone tried did Dead Orbit's rocket launcher Exodus Plan yet? Was thinking about getting it but wasn't sure how good it was.
Yes. It's very good for PVP. Has all the perks you're looking for, ready to go. Good velocity. Kinda low on Blast radius but not an issue at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom