• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

So I walk my
hey I can't lie cute
female Warlock up to Variks. His comment?

"Come here. Let me have your scent."

Creeped on by Variks

LOL

Ken

Just need it for his turns in Trials. I want to buy a bunch of synth too :( I must have walked past xur 4 times and just forgot

Turns in Trials?

If you mean you wanted it for Trials, Armamentarium is probably much more useful on a Striker.

It was the last (non-HoW) armor I needed to complete the collection. Roll aside, I'm glad he had it again.

Ah, I see. I'm not one for exotic collection especially since I missed all of TDB. Already have no coins and motes lol.

You forgot to include PoE there, same ratio as Trials and PoE is honestly quite a bit tougher (even if due to cheap modifiers) than raids (unless you are first timing the raids ofcourse in which case it's hard but we aren't talking about that here)

Yeah the ratios are probably close to ToO, but the drop rate for Raid/ToO type weapons and the weapon quality are abysmal. I guess it would really suck for a PvP person who wanted one of the new exotic weapons, so that's fair. That sucks big time and should be changed.

Ken

When it is his turn to participate in trials.

It isn't, unless the other two members of your team are using Alpha Lupi/LBN.

Well, that's assuming you value the fast res over two really strong lightning grenades. Lightning grenades really shine on Pantheon with the tight hallways. To each his own I suppose.

I run LBN on my Warlock but have been considering dropping it for something more offense-oriented like Claws or Praxic.

noomi

My god this thread is moving at lightning speed today lol.

OT23 by tonight/tomorrow?

Anyways, just got back home, going to try and knock out a 32 PoE very quickly. I might need some help gaffer, it takes like 20min to get done. COME N' GET SUM!

Trace

Banned
I went back to control after playing a lot of ToO. God damn normal Crucible is trash, just shotguns running everywhere. So much more fun playing ToO.

Because no one cares in regular Crucible. I have like a 1.3 KDR in Crucible from NLBs and chasing postmortem bounties.

God knows that's not true based on all the hate messages I've seen.

I think the problem is mostly the maps. The two maps they've had so far are the same ones I always quit out of in crucible because they're awful. Plus my friends aren't great since they just started playing again. So none of us know the maps at all.

Also they might as well just make it a best of 3 since Supers and heavy decide the other rounds. Supers is ridiculous to have in this because the team winning after the first couple rounds already has theirs and just devastate your team.

Because in Crucible you can kill people from behind and side who are not aware of you, in Trials that never happens because everyone is aware of everyone atleast while engagement. You never go "woah where did he kill me from"....the engagement is direct and hence you need proper support and tactic to counter teams that play *insert whatever strategy the map favours*

I do really well in Skirmish though. But again, I always play on the original maps and can't stand the ones that released with Dark Below. So I'm assuming that's my main problem.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, that's assuming you value the fast res over two really strong lightning grenades. To each his own I suppose.

I run LBN on my Warlock but have been considering dropping it for something more offense-oriented like Claws or Praxic.
fast revive speed both when reviving and being revived which currently gives you and the person revived an overshield. for the moment reviving is pretty OP. (extra orbs a minor bonus of course)

If two out of three people in the party are wearing one the third had no effect at all, so an offensive or utility piece on the third person is a good idea if the team is coordinated beforehand.

TsuWave

ToO is pretty unforgiving. went 8-0 then pretty much got obliterated by one guy carrying his team. my heart. don't think i'll get flawless this week :/

P44

I'm looking for a regular group to run ToO with, picking up players from LFG is fucking killing me. Enough that I basically let my roomate play instead. :/

I'm on PS4, but would anybody be interested in getting a very crucible focused group going?

SkylineRKR

Has anyone tried did Dead Orbit's rocket launcher Exodus Plan yet? Was thinking about getting it but wasn't sure how good it was.

This was my first Legendary RL ever, carried me through VoG. Its very very good. I had one in Void with tracking, clown cartridge and Heavy Payload. It was the best after the mighty exotics and Hezen.

The vendor version is a good roll, but lacks Heavy Payload. This RL sort of needs it.

Ken

fast revive speed both when reviving and being revived which currently gives you and the person revived an overshield. for the moment reviving is pretty OP. (extra orbs a minor bonus of course)

If two out of three people in the party are wearing one the third had no effect at all, so an offensive or utility piece on the third person is a good idea if the team is coordinated beforehand.

That's valid. Guess I just find lightning grenades a little more OP this week.

I kind of just don't even know what to do at this point.

Trials? Take a break to cool off.

Why is every shotgun in here better than my secret handshake? The range is stupid

Go find a Matador or Party Crasher+1.

SkylineRKR

Speaking of shotguns, I think I'm starting to get why some use Felwinter's Lie. Started using it recently and the range on it is stupendous.

I'm still mad that I didn't get one during the IB that had it as RNG drop earlier this year. Dunno if it was sold after it, was out of the loop for a few months.

When I engaged from range with Invective against Felwinter, I would only blast a shield off and he would murder me.

Just got a Party Crasher today, with shot package, reinforced and final round... but I still desire FL.

geordiemp

The guns (primary atleast) in Trials can be any element, I have a Jewel that is solar and another one that is void, a summoner that has void and another arc

Yeah I have 3 messengers and a Scholar, all different.

My point is the game should allow for the best weapons to got in hard raids as prizes and hard PVP content as prizes.

The frustration comes when players want it all but are not good at both.

I don't have a Gallahorn (I had to 365 my hunger of Crota) and I miss out on 34 POE without a Horn. And I am a pre-order destiny player.

I missed out and still do on much content not having a horn to offer and still do. But I don't whinge about it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom