• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So just to make sure I'm not missing anything - I am level 32 (pretty close to 33 since I have ascended legendary gauntlets), have done all the appropriate weekly stuff EXCEPT for trials - is there no way for me to currently get any etheric light other than trials? The two small chests in PoE can't drop them, right, and they don't actually exist as random loot?

Assuming that is correct, I really feel like the game could use another source of Etheric Light, other than stuff that is either on weekly lockout (The bulk of which requires max light level anyway) or in the most competitive tier of PvP. I know it wasn't/isn't a big deal for folks who were already good to go from playing Dark Below, but as someone who came back for HoW after months of not playing, I feel like I am stuck at 32 and it's a bummer because I really want to do the higher levels of PoE.

Ken

So just to make sure I'm not missing anything - I am level 32 (pretty close to 33 since I have ascended legendary gauntlets), have done all the appropriate weekly stuff EXCEPT for trials - is there no way for me to currently get any etheric light other than trials? The two small chests in PoE can't drop them, right, and they don't actually exist as random loot?

Assuming that is correct, I really feel like the game could use another source of Etheric Light, other than stuff that is either on weekly lockout (The bulk of which requires max light level anyway) or in the most competitive tier of PvP. I know it wasn't/isn't a big deal for folks who were already good to go from playing Dark Below, but as someone who came back for HoW after months of not playing, I feel like I am stuck at 32 and it's a bummer because I really want to do the higher levels of PoE.

Nightfall is RNG drop.

As someone who didn't play TDB I've got all my dudes at 34 thanks to ToO. My Titan is a little unoptimized but not having much raid gear will do that.

Prison 34 and 35 are guaranteed drops.
Prison 32 is a guaranteed 42 Light piece.
Nightfall is a random drop.
ToO can award up to 3 ELs for 6/8/9 wins.
IB will have EL.

Etheric is a 100% drop for lvl 34 POE, There's another drop for lvl 35 as well. It's a bonus drop for ToO.

Also we're supposed to be able to get etheric light from iron banner when that starts up again.

edit: Just do what we did for the first week, buy a full light leveled armor from Variks in the reef for 1 armor core you get from lvl 32 POE. Then grab a group and do POE 34.

border

Ascend any Exotic Armor piece with an exotic shard and you can get to 33. At that point you can do PoE34 and get more Etheric Light.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Do you have to do 9-0 in ToO to get a etheric light?

My characters do not seemed destined for 34 this week
I believe you have a chance of getting Etheric Light out of the Silver and Gold Reward Packages in ToO (6 wins and 8 wins respectively), also from PoE 34 and 35, as well as a random drop from Nightfalls, and you'll be able to buy them at level 3 and level 5 of Iron Banner.

Deku Tree

Just realized you can get 12 motes a day just doing daily crucible and daily story on three toons. daily story no longer gives ascendants but the public events still randomly give them out.

blackjaw

So ascend Black Hammer, yeah or nay?

Already ascended Fatebringer, I don't have VoC...my rocket launchers are just bland Valedictorian and Pax Totalus

Only one light this week for me unless I get a ToO carry.

What says GAF?

the210

Do you have a gjallarhorn?

This week is especially hard if you don't, I wouldn't even recommend you to run it unless you have a dedicated group willing to help you.

I do have a horn but only 5 shots unless I drop to my level 32 gear. Thanks btw

Anyone want to try to get 5 wins in too in about 30 minutes? I just want the boots so I can be done with caring. I got 4 wins earlier without any boons and lost.

border

So ascend Black Hammer, yeah or nay?

Already ascended Fatebringer, I don't have VoC...my rocket launchers are just bland Valedictorian and Pax Totalus

Only one light this week for me unless I get a ToO carry.

What says GAF?

I would ascend any of the high impact arc snipers first, if you happen to have one.

noomi

Oh what I wouldn't give for a nice solar hand cannon. I would pet it, and love it, and squeeze it, and hug it and never let go!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ascend any Exotic Armor piece with an exotic shard and you can get to 33. At that point you can do PoE34 and get more Etheric Light.

Nightfall is RNG drop.

As someone who didn't play TDB I've got all my dudes at 34 thanks to ToO. My Titan is a little unoptimized but not having much raid gear will do that.

Prison 34 and 35 are guaranteed drops.
Prison 32 is a guaranteed 42 Light piece.
Nightfall is a random drop.
ToO can award up to 3 ELs for 6/8/9 wins.
IB will have EL.

Etheric is a 100% drop for lvl 34 POE, There's another drop for lvl 35 as well. It's a bonus drop for ToO.

Also we're supposed to be able to get etheric light from iron banner when that starts up again.

edit: Just do what we did for the first week, buy a full light leveled armor from Variks in the reef for 1 armor core you get from lvl 32 POE. Then grab a group and do POE 34.

Thanks guys. I assumed I couldn't/shouldn't be doing PoE 34 until I was 34, but if I can get gaf folks to bring me along at 33 (once I finish my gaunts with another exotic shard) that will definitely help.

EL CUCO

Is Black Hammer not consistently critting on the big PoE Servitor? It's not working for me. I get random crits. I wonder if Bungie stealth nerfed it.

And that's a HUGE target, so I'm definitely not missing.

BondFancy

Is Black Hammer not consistently critting on the big PoE Servitor? It's not working for me. I get random crits. I wonder if Bungie stealth nerfed it.

And that's a HUGE target, so I'm definitely not missing.
I think they just made the hitbox wayyyyy too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom