• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Currently at 34 PoE boss airlock with a team of 3 Gjally's, full heavy and waiting for synth cool down.

come at me, Deku
:p

Edit: Boss down.

Lolz.

Beat him three times last night grinding the elder cypher bounty and it probably took us less time than what you spent waiting for cooldown. :p

Congrats!

Jinjo

As others said it can be quite fun but also chaotic even when you know the strat. There's just the endless waves of yellow hobbies that can really hurt you.
We did it twice using the strat that Deku said, but we did it on the left side. One guy keeping an eye on the Eye, kill him and bunch up together to break the shield in one go. In between waves try to work on boss. I agree that this week seems a bit harder to do with lvl 33s compared to last week.

Alternatively run them to ToO for some ELight, you can do it ;)

The difficulty curve is just stupidly high. We did the rest of PoE 34 first try if we don't count wipes due to baboon disconnect error happening to two on the team. If's just no fun to bash your head against a wall and wipe hours on end when it already took a bit to get there. My friends aren't that hardcore they'll sit that out just for some weapon cores & e.light. And frankly, neither am I lol. Fuck that fusion rifle haha. Not really agreeing with Bungie's PoE design and reward system.

Ah well, thankfully my experience with ToO was awesome (with you guys). Playing without you was a bit less succesful so don't give me too much credit haha. Might give it a try with my buddies tomorrow or something since they are always above-average in multiplayer (especially my little brother, give him stealth and a shotty and he wrecks lol - filthy player he is haha). Still, hope to play with you next week again too since it was just great fun! Even if we hadn't gotten to Mercury, although it did add to the fun (& tension) haha.

GhaleonEB

Go all the way to the right side. Stay together and the Eye vex will come to you. Clear adds. Kill the eye. Shoot at Qodron. Pop heavy to shoot at quodron. Be near full health when Qodron is looking for targets. Have a void shotgun or other void weapon to break detainment quickly. The player with the buff needs to help the others break their detainment. Have a Titan with Blessing of Light bubble. Rinse and repeat.

Or spam horn after waiting 10 min for cooldowns.

The group I was with tried this earlier today. Basically we failed the DPS check to get out of the bubble before it killed us (I was level 33, and neither a clip of shotgun nor sniper got me out in time) and we could never find the Eye before the bubbles dropped. After a half dozen wipes at the first bubble, and a failed attempt to burn him down fast, we gave up.

The boss dropping containment fields during the encounter is a neat way to incorporate another raid mechanic into the game. Having those fields kill you in 4 seconds if you don't take out an unmarked target right before hand is really awful design. We did fine to the boss, then it was like running into a brick wall.

EL CUCO

Lolz.

Beat him three times last night grinding the elder cypher bounty and it probably took us less time than what you spent waiting for cooldown. :p

Congrats!
Lol! Nice. Soss just got the Queens Bow.

Can we farm this guy for erotic fallen weapon?

E92 M3

Notable loot from the weekend:

- Solar Jewel
- Void Messenger
- Solar POE Scout with shitty perk
- Trials Gauntlets

Among random legendary weapons - Crucible just throws them at you.

Ken

The group I was with tried this earlier today. Basically we failed the DPS check to get out of the bubble before it killed us (I was level 33, and neither a clip of shotgun nor sniper got me out in time) and we could never find the Eye before the bubbles dropped. After a half dozen wipes at the first bubble, and a failed attempt to burn him down fast, we gave up.

The boss dropping containment fields during the encounter is a neat way to incorporate another raid mechanic into the game. Having those fields kill you in 4 seconds if you don't take out an unmarked target right before hand is really awful design. We did fine to the boss, then it was like running into a brick wall.

The mechanic is fine. I think the Eye's pathing is a little weird though; sometimes he comes straight to the Fireteam and sometimes he's stuck on a rock.

Detain wiping the group is fine as well. That you can break out even without jail breaker buff is really lenient.

Zocano

9-0 on all characters!

It was easy enough.

Loot was meh though. Still missing The Messenger. Don't care what element, I just want it.

Daemul

SKOLAS BEATEN LEGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ELDER CIPHER GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f92080aa.gif

I also got an arc Wolves' Leash II to drop, with fucking shank burn. That's now 5/5 of my PoE weapons with Shank burn. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bungie pls.

Anyway, beating Skolas the "proper" way was much easier than I thought it would be, especially with arc burn. Skolas wasn't much of a threat and we just dealt with the other enemies the same way we would in an arc burn nightfall, slowly, calmly and carefully. Once we got past the two mine waves Skolas was easy to deal with, we dealt with the adds in front of the area we were standing in and then cut Skolas down with Thunderlords.

Now Variks is waiting for me to choose which Exotic I want to work towards, I'll probably go with the Queenbreakers Bow like I've been planning to. But yes, beating Skolas the "proper" way IS possible people, even with arc burn.

Deku Tree

The eye target has a special name and he follows you if you stay together.

I was getting out of my containment field as a 34 with three shots from my void Matador 64 or a full clip of my void Jewel Adept HC.

The 34 and 35 final boss rounds really need a CP.

nOoblet16

Sorry Wheel and Ruthless for not getting you all the way up to 5, but you're up to 4 now I'm sure Grim and buddy can get you there.
You guys handled yourself better than I did, resulting in that nice clutch comeback 5-4 win. Let me know if you got those sweet cowboy boots!

Man it gets to you somehow, after a while you start losing your edge and do stupid stuff.
I am was missing easy sniper shots and doing silly stuff, didn't help that I was playing a class that I don't like playing as in PvP. My performance and confidence is so much better with a Hunter.

Alright, I think I'm down for one more attempt at ToO to hopefully get some Etheric Light and take a shot at 9-0. My groups so far for the weekend have been fairly solid, but we still haven't had much luck, so I guess I'm looking for a carry at this point.

PSN: SoullessSHOES

Ayyyyy Neo-GAF is about to E.X.P.L.O.D.E. Shit was getting mad heated this morning lmao. Tbh I expected Trials would do this to the community but not right away. My 2 cents from what I can recall that where some sore points.

1.) Yoooooo who cares if you get teabagged. Like legit, it's immature to do it, but it's also immature to get upset about it. It's a game.

2.) Trials legit needs to be switched in rotation with IB. I love Trials, but it's clear how quickly it comes back around isn't allowing people to recover and they are getting burnt out. The PVP casuals are dropping off like flies. It makes no sense IB has crummy rewards but comes around monthly while ToO is weekly and has amazing loot. Trials being a week long and monthly would allow casuals to muster up the will to risk a week of sweaty matches instead of heading into a meat grinder every week. It sucks we'll have to lose Trials weekly as a hardcore PVP guy but I think it would be best for the community in the end.

3.) POE sucks. Needs MUCH better loot. Guaranteed POE guns for 35 completion. Elder Cipher bounty is stupid and needs fixing.

4.) seems like there was no confirmed reports, probs just exhaustion from playing this poopy map all weekend but y'all need to chill on the sherpas. And the PVP/ToO bitterness in general. Complain all you want, the rewards are indeed unbalanced right now but some of the salt was going overboard.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons/special/sniper?sort=aim&desc=1&tier=8

Well this is odd. according to this list, the LDR only has 49% aim assist. There are weapons I've used such as Prudence and Eye of Sol with a lot more aim assist. Hell, the LGH is above it and I've tried that out too.

But sniping with the LDR is so much easier. I don't know what it is but this thing makes me feel like a god.

This and A House Divided are amazing.
Tbh I'm thinking it comes down to preference ultimately. Everyone was sooooo adamant about the ambush scopes until this aim assist thing became a thing and tbh I think it might not be as big of an effect as people are making it out to be. One of the best sniper rifles I've ever had was a silvered mulan using ambush and I think it has like a 41 or something in AA. I think it heavily depends on your sniping style more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom