• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

A huge HUGE thank you to Rubenov and Zewone. All I wanted were the boots and you guys helped me get that plus much more. Very much appreciate it.

Now off to the podcast I go. I need a break. Especially since it's freaking hot here and it's raining.

noomi

http://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/37auty/house_of_wolves_shotgun_reforge_megathread/

So Matador 64 is just all around better than Felwinter in every stat except it has one fewer shot in the magazine but who cares about that?

Felwinter is like 4th on the list now too, I have my party crasher and I love it so far. Rolled it with the best possible perks.

Still looking for the matador, but I think it's pretty much on par with the party crasher.

Give me 10 min

:D

Macello had to do some things tonight as well, so you are now my only hope.

Felwinter is like 4th on the list now too, I have my party crasher and I love it so far. Rolled it with the best possible perks.

Still looking for the matador, but I think it's pretty much on par with the party crasher.

:D

Macello had to do some things tonight as well, so you are now my only hope.

I repeat. Can I join you 2? 5 Wins will do. :)

Are you still around?

We ran Templar twice. If you want the chest, FRENDEN is the one at the checkpoint. Not me.

Rhaegar

Armor is subjective and you don't even need to go flawless for them? 5 wins is a pretty low bar for the chest/gloves/boots/possibly helmet. 8 wins for a helmet chance isn't too bad either if you try.

5 wins might be easily achieved if players weren't incentivized to hit flawless every time and put together all-star teams to do so. As an average PvPer, I feel like I'm going up against showtime Lakers out there half the time.

Namikaze1

CGXo86cUgAAsciI.jpg:orig

An exotic sharrd and an arc Messenger. Got Tomorrow's Answer from package.

Karl2177

Ayyyyy Neo-GAF is about to E.X.P.L.O.D.E. Shit was getting mad heated this morning lmao. Tbh I expected Trials would do this to the community but not right away. My 2 cents from what I can recall that where some sore points.

1.) Yoooooo who cares if you get teabagged. Like legit, it's immature to do it, but it's also immature to get upset about it. It's a game.

2.) Trials legit needs to be switched in rotation with IB. I love Trials, but it's clear how quickly it comes back around isn't allowing people to recover and they are getting burnt out. The PVP casuals are dropping off like flies. It makes no sense IB has crummy rewards but comes around monthly while ToO is weekly and has amazing loot. Trials being a week long and monthly would allow casuals to muster up the will to risk a week of sweaty matches instead of heading into a meat grinder every week. It sucks we'll have to lose Trials weekly as a hardcore PVP guy but I think it would be best for the community in the end.

3.) POE sucks. Needs MUCH better loot. Guaranteed POE guns for 35 completion. Elder Cipher bounty is stupid and needs fixing.

4.) seems like there was no confirmed reports, probs just exhaustion from playing this poopy map all weekend but y'all need to chill on the sherpas. And the PVP/ToO bitterness in general. Complain all you want, the rewards are indeed unbalanced right now but some of the salt was going overboard.

Tbh I'm thinking it comes down to preference ultimately. Everyone was sooooo adamant about the ambush scopes until this aim assist thing became a thing and tbh I think it might not be as big of an effect as people are making it out to be. One of the best sniper rifles I've ever had was a silvered mulan using ambush and I think it has like a 41 or something in AA. I think it heavily depends on your sniping style more than anything.

I like this post. I just want to add my 2 cents to a couple of points. For point 2, I love the elimination mode. To me, it fits Destiny's style of gameplay far better than the constant action style of gameplay that the "traditional" PvP has. I'd be fine with making it an event like you suggested, but I would keep elimination as a playlist. Then have the Trials event that comes up once a month where you need the ticket to enter and it keeps track of the wins and losses. Then you can have Iron Banner roll around as well that have different rewards from Trials.

For point 3, I completely agree. I'm much more of a PvE guy myself, and PoE rewards aren't worth the time and energy that I put in it. The reputation gained from PoE doesn't get you anything worth a damn and it feels like it takes forever to get a level up.

I have more thoughts on the investment for HoW, but it mostly comes down to work:reward ratio being off.

Ken

5 wins might be easily achieved if players weren't incentivized to hit flawless every time and put together all-star teams to do so. As an average PvPer, I feel like I'm going up against showtime Lakers out there half the time.

I guess my experiences have just been a lot different.

Namikaze1

Congrats Nami! Now you just need to do that with two more characters.
Hell no! Just need to get the boots on my Hunter. Got close with my Titan with Zoba but we ended up losing a game we should've won and one against a pro team.

Thanks but my Mercury days are over. Just only seeking the armor from now on.

zewone

A huge HUGE thank you to Rubenov and Zewone. All I wanted were the boots and you guys helped me get that plus much more. Very much appreciate it.

Now off to the podcast I go. I need a break. Especially since it's freaking hot here and it's raining.
No problem. I'm one of the few here who plays Trials for fun.

Maddocks

Got my first perfect 9 last night, felt good. But pvp is just not for me, I like it, but not enough to do it again instantly like some of my friends.

I think I'll try to get 9 wins again and call it a weekend. I just want the wins, I never expected to go flawless, but luck was on my side.

Frenden

Banned
Had to log off of HM Gorgon, but saw four exotics including a Hawkmoon for a dude that didn't have one while I was holding it. Woo!

Edit: yay, Traveler!

phen0m24

Congrats buddy

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom