• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

Looking to do VoG Hard or Crota (either). Have Crota NM checkpoint too.

I'm down for Hm VoG/CE if a group gets together

Or I could do PoE35...never done it but have 365 fatebringer/thunderlord

I'm willing to do VoG, need to do it this week.

Anyone doing VoG, Crota, PoE 28/32?

Psn rc213

Guys, is this happening?

Jignx and are in orbit.

Fake-Edit: Damn, my headset batteries just ran out. I think I'm out.

So ascend Black Hammer, yeah or nay?

Already ascended Fatebringer, I don't have VoC...my rocket launchers are just bland Valedictorian and Pax Totalus

at this point unless you plan on doing a last minute POE 35 I'd just wait until next week and see what POE brings at 34 and 35. Since its been solar and arc for 35, next week possibly could be void.

Other than the last boss of POE 34 and 35 there really isn't any reason to run ascended weapons for anything, it may make a kill slightly faster but its not going to be a make or break situation. Black Hammer is awesome on the flame prince boss in POE since you can keep him stunned for so long without reloading, but this week he was in 32 so it didn't matter much if it was 331 or 365.

Thanks for the run in ToO Kortez and Ken! Was a fun run!

7 wins and I got to level 34 :D

Went 8-2 with Soul and Kortez. For just wanting boots at the start we did pretty well.

Yeah! Started with low expectations then we went on a 4/5 game win streak :D

Going to put together a 34 PoE group now. Preferably level 34's, although I'd be happy to take a 33 if there were 2 34's.

1 - Me (34)
2 -
3 -

Frostburn

Thanks for the run in ToO Kortez and Ken! Was a fun run!

7 wins and I got to level 34 :D

Yeah! Started with low expectations then we went on a 4/5 game win streak :D

Going to put together a 34 PoE group now. Preferably level 34's, although I'd be happy to take a 33 if there were 2 34's.

1 - Me (34)
2 - US-Frostburn (34 Titan)
3 -

I'll join ya

Long post below going over how I feel about destiny.

I've been playing destiny since Alpha, My first impressions left me filled with a sense of awe and wonder and excitement for a massive game. The gun play was solid and the factions felt kind of flat to me but none the less I was eager for release.

I grabbed the Ghost edition day 1 and settled in for an adventure.

Not long in I began to understand I was mislead. Earth wasn't this sprawling world from the Russian Cosmodrome to the Swamps of New Chicago it was just one large zoned area with very little variance and the rest of the planets followed suit. The story was empty, all potential I could imagine about this deep and intricate universe was clearly untapped. Worst of all after having a 4 man group all last gen the 3 men fireteam limit ensured we couldn't all play together. I literally took one for the team and opted to play solo allowing them enjoy the story as a group.

I finished the main story and figured I was done with the game for good. At this point I figured destiny was just a over hyped under delivering game and resigned to the fact it would just collect dust.

Then the queen came to the tower and I managed to get some good gear. Good enough to try my hand at the vault. Cheesing was rife and I couldn't avoid it so I climbed aboard the train.

I leveled 3 characters and ran the Vault as much as possible. The content on display was leaps and bounds above anything else in the game. The six man fireteam, the forced communication and the set pieces. Everything just worked and my hope was reignited.

Nightfalls and Weeklies became a time when my friend group would get online chat and hopefully get some good loot week in and week out and It was good.

Iron Banner started up at some point and I went hard getting Rank 4 and the gear for my Titan.

Then before you know it The Dark Below hit. I was burned out on the Vanilla content and expected a huge swath of new stuff but sadly I was mistaken. The main story didn't advance at all and the missions while adding 1 or 2 new areas didn't do much for me. The new strike was mediocre. The new raid was fun, interesting dynamics and good loot.

All would have been great if the game wasn't suffering from some major problems. Primarily a awkward economy comprised of too many currencies, vault and guardian management being a time consuming mess and RNG dicking me over continually.

I stopped playing at this point. I was burned out, The faults of the game annoyed me and The dark below felt like half of an expansion. House of wolves seemed like something I wouldn't even pay attention to at this point.

When I heard it wasn't getting a Raid I was officially done. I didn't care.

Then by chance on a dull evening I ended up watching a Bungie stream about HoW and found that the game had changed much since I last played and was changing even more. Character management now had an API that allowed me to manage my inventory fast and without issues from a browser or an app and the speaker was now a currency convertor. I grinded out rank 4 with eris pre HoW and was ready to go.

House of wolves was a big improvement in mission structure. They felt fun and involved and we got a peek behind the fallen and awoken curtains. The lack of real new environments is still a problem. My ghost being entirely silent during the HoW is another. The story aspects of the game are still suffering greatly and it's a major complaint.

The prison is a really strange event. If it's trying to be a horde mode it's horrible at doing that. The chambers/cells are not good environments. It's really bad level design. What happened to those teams that made Halo firefight maps like crater? It takes way too long to get any rewards and when you do you are limited to a poor reward pool with RNG dicking on you. Whoever is designing this gear needs to look at the rest of the top tier loot available when they do. The queens gear should be comparable to VoG and CE loot and it's not even close. The Dreamwaker for instance. How is that comparable to Hezen or Hunger? Borderlands randomly generators weapons better than Bungie are making them and that is pretty shocking.

The Trails of Osiris is a good event for hardcore PvP but locking this much exclusive content behind it is a sure fire way to piss people off. I have a buddy who just doesn't have the mentality to play aggressive PvP anymore. He is 25 now. His 16 year old self was all about Halo PvP and he was really good but he works 6-5 now and simply can't dedicate the time to these events locking content away from him isn't a good thing. Especially when ToO is basically content rich and dwarfs PoE and pretty much anything else in reward ratios. I'm all for reward these people but how about rewarding them with thing's like already ascended Vault or Crota rewards. Give PvP players the chance to get PvE content and make give PvE players the chance to get Osiris Gear.

The complaint list with the game is still huge.

My outlook now as someone with 500+ hours, 85%+ of the top end loot/exotics/legendaries 2 level 34's and a level 33 and multiple clears of Trails, Crota, Vault and Prison is that the game has really turned itself around. The main problems have been fixed or at least alleviated and if you look back at destiny as a full product right now It's got a real wealth of content for a new player.

If we really are getting 1 comet and 2 more smaller expansions then by the time we are at the end of the games life it's going to be a real amazing game. Likely one that will have cost some of us the price of about 4 games but an amazing game none the less.

The story still needs work, Grimoire cards should be supporting additional reading not the only way to learn 90% of what the fuck is going on.

RNG will continue to dick people over and not be nice, I don't hear these complaints from other MMO's so how about giving bosses some loot tables?

It's a difficult thing to bring up but as an Xbox player I feel like a second class citizen because I'm missing strikes and weapons my counter parts have and I paid way more than some of them.

These expansions have been way too small and lacking in content ultimately. I'd be really annoyed if I had paid the £20 for such little content.

I'm happy for now and looking forward to E3.

Ken

The Trails of Osiris is a good event for hardcore PvP but locking this much exclusive content behind it is a sure fire way to piss people off.

The only locked content is a bunch of Fisher Price guns and an empty social area with a fancy chest.

Korosenai

Went 9-0 three times this weekend on my characters, and then jumped on my friends account who sucks at pvp and did a 9-0 for him as well.... This has been a productive Destiny weekend.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/37auty/house_of_wolves_shotgun_reforge_megathread/

So Matador 64 is just all around better than Felwinter in every stat except it has one fewer shot in the magazine but who cares about that?

Matador is the way to go, but i've yet to get one. I did get a Party Crasher though which i'm in love with.

Rhaegar

The only locked content is a bunch of Fisher Price guns and an empty social area with a fancy chest.

Which just happen to be the only guns worth anything in this expansion and can roll with any element. Oh, and the best looking armor in the game too. That's all.

Ken

Which just happen to be the only guns worth anything in this expansion and can roll with any element. Oh, and the best looking armor in the game too. That's all.

Sure, some of the primaries fill a few niches like Solar Handcannon and Void Scout Rifle but I think they're lackluster because of the unreforgeable perks and average handling in the Jewel's case.

Armor is subjective and you don't even need to go flawless for them? 5 wins is a pretty low bar for the chest/gloves/boots/possibly helmet. 8 wins for a helmet chance isn't too bad either if you try.

X-Frame

Damn... no 3rd Fatebringer this week.

Congrats FRENDEN on your First. Best gun in the game. You're gonna love it.

Haha, no 1st Fatebringer for me .. in ever. :(

Maybe next week. Thanks for getting that together though! If I could just try that 3x a week it's be great, haha. Took 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom