• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to point out that the Found Verdict or an auto shotgun can break you out of the jail without the jailbreaker buff. I don't know if ascension makes a big difference or not, but I ascended mine at the start of the fight for this reason.
i did it with my 331 swordbreaker.

LordofPwn

By the way, if the team doesnt' have at least 2 snipers 365 with an impact at least equal to LDR, it's pretty much impossible to down Skolas before dismantling the mines.

With 3 high impact snipers, it's easy peasy (as long as you're precise enough of course).

Even with 2 High Impact Snipers its difficult.

Had 2 LDRs and a Spear all 365 none had field scout or final round. Bubble wears out shortly after first mine spawns and in my case has 95% been the far one. as soon as the bubble bursts there's arc everything all coming for you.

I have 2 skolas kills, and 1 clear because fuck those mine spawns

Dave_6

They're a good source of Etheric Light. The first week there was an AR on sale (lol thanks) and this week a ridiculous, potentially broken FR. I saw some ToO streams where that thing one-shotted from silly distances. It's potentially worth looking at.

I still haven't seen one etheric light drop yet. Guess I will have to get my first one from IB this week, unless I can get a 34 cleared tonight.

lt519

i did it with my 331 swordbreaker.

We found that the shotgun method, short of using invective, was unreliable since you are gambling with Special ammo drops and exposing yourself to go get them. Then you are relegated to rocket spamming/scout rifles to take down the boss. I guess if you are burning him fast with Horns it doesn't matter since you'll likely only run into 1 or 2 shields. We take it slow (10 minutes) and run into about 10 shields.

Shito

jtar86

Why do they make the fallen treasure chest so hard to find/get to. You spend a good bit of time either waiting or completing the event and sometimes for no reward. So stupid.

Alucrid

Banned
Someone in here posted that you could get the "complete a raid with all the teammates in the same clan" trophy, but so far we didn't know about the "not dying in a raid" one: did you hear someone say it worked?

Beautiful dodges there!
[EDIT] Haha, even better with the sound!
Nah I heard about that complete a raid with the clan trophy as well so I was wondering if it was possible.

nOoblet16

I love how some Hunters still don't know that we can hear your super going up. All we have to do is run for 7-9 seconds and you wasted a perfectly good super.

That's why the trick is to do it as close as possible but if you do it right in front of them or just around the corner then you are standing there for a good 1 second which actually ruins the surprise and might even get you killed. It's funny how this works but if you do your super while on the run you carry over your momentum and hence cover some distance while activating your super so by the time you emerge from that corner you already have your super. There are two ways you can do a Golden gun on the move

1) Do it while you are jumping, meaning everyone and their mother sees you activate the super and also be an easy target while messing up your aim since you eventually have to land.

2) Slide and activate it, the difference might seem minuscule but it helps a lot especially while you are on the run or chasing someone or just trying to surprise as you don't stop this way and keep a relatively low profile.

Shito

Why do they make the fallen treasure chest so hard to find/get to. You spend a good bit of time either waiting or completing the event and sometimes for no reward. So stupid.
Because one layer of RNG is never enough in a Bungie game, always needs two of them at least!

Namikaze1

Fuck it, there's room for one more modifier.

Nightfall
laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

stb

Any ToO champs with an hour this evening to help me get to 4 wins? I'd be happy to use all boons and call it right at the 5th win.

Just want the boots for my Titan this week, and wasn't willing/able to sit in the thread all weekend. I'm more of a scheduled-time kinda guy.

nOoblet16

The Fallen weapons are all the same except the fallen-specific perk. I used the Shadow of Veils on my Warlock for Trials and found it to be exactly like using the Benevolence with Shortgaze, which is to say pretty damn good.

Shadow of Veils has maximum base aim assist of any sniper currently in the game though. Granted it doesn't come with hidden hand in because of which it loses out to a LGH with hidden hand and shortgaze.
I can even revive snipe like other high impact snipers, unlike LGH which can't kill someone with revival shield on with a headshot.

Marvel

could never
Any ToO champs with an hour this evening to help me get to 4 wins? I'd be happy to use all boons and call it right at the 5th win.

Just want the boots for my Titan this week, and wasn't willing/able to sit in the thread all weekend. I'm more of a scheduled-time kinda guy.
Yeah I'll help, need boots for my wooflock.

Psn: Assassio

Daemul

Probably has to do with in game playtime. If you don't play on that character then the bounty may not Pop.

The 9 days person got the quest on an alt, and only logged into said alt to check to see if the quest was completed.

Thus, it stands to reason that the quest is completed with in game time spent, and not real world time waited.

Chances are it's something like 6-8 hours in game time, which would cause the average person to wait 3-5 days.

This makes sense. It would explain why some epople only have to wait a day before getting called by Variks, playing the game all day will probably cut down on the time you need to wait.

We found that the shotgun method, short of using invective, was unreliable since you are gambling with Special ammo drops and exposing yourself to go get them. Then you are relegated to rocket spamming/scout rifles to take down the boss. I guess if you are burning him fast with Horns it doesn't matter since you'll likely only run into 1 or 2 shields. We take it slow (10 minutes) and run into about 10 shields.
good point - i did it as an emergency measure, as we were burning Qodron down with 2 365 ghorns and 1 365 truth. we didn't get him down fast enough, and had to escape detainment.

Yeah that's ok for me :]

Perfect. What's your availability? I'm around after 7 Eastern (about 7 hours from now).

May I join in on this? I can't leave this weekend empty handed. I'll get those boots if it's the last thing I do! Plus my sniping skills have increased immensely this past weekend and I have huge sniping urges now. I tried to play Splatoon last night but all I want to do is snipe people not paint floors and balloons.

stb

May I join in on this? I can't leave this weekend empty handed. I'll get those boots if it's the last thing I do! Plus my sniping skills have increased immensely this past weekend and I have huge sniping urges now. I tried to play Splatoon last night but all I want to do is snipe people not paint floors and balloons.

Let's do it. Around 7 E work for you?

WipedOut

Shadow of Veils has maximum base aim assist of any sniper currently in the game though. Granted it doesn't come with hidden hand in because of which it loses out to a LGH with hidden hand and shortgaze.
I can even revive snipe like other high impact snipers, unlike LGH which can't kill someone with revival shield on with a headshot.

Shadow of Veils has been the highlight weapon of the PoE weapons. The shotgun and the Fusion are decent as well.

noomi

I was going to do another Trials run tonight, but meh.... think I'll skip unless I get a really nice group going.

Want to get those elder ciphers done while the level 34 is grindable.

This week I will only do level 35 PoE's and Iron Banner.

I should clarify that my Queen's has Hidden Hand. Queen with HH and SG felt the same as SoV to me which is most likely a result of the higher base aim assist in the SoV. They are actually my favorite snipers in the DLC since I hate any sniper that can't one shot on revive.

Just my personal preference, though. Much better players feel the same as I do, and much better players don't feel the same.

Marvel

could never
More than welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom