• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
played a clash game on pantheon for passage coins. as if this map wasnt bad enough half of the other team were sunsingers and all 10 of my deaths were from them running straight towards me and throwing sticky grenades. literally never fired their gun and theyd wait till i almost killed them

is there a postmortem bounty or something? that was absolutely stupid

There is a bounty for postmorten kills. Not sure if it's up today tho.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Record in trials over 2 weekends. 44-1. Still need Warlock tonight after work.

Ships obtained - 0.
Warlock Bonds - 0.
Titan Marks - 0.
Hunter Cloak - 0.
Shader - 0.
Gear drops, any class (legs, boots, etc) - 1 and bad rolls :(

RNG please.

Damn man, nice run. I'd really like that Hunter cloak as well, but have had zero luck with the class item drops.

Zocano

Dreg's Promise is fully upgraded. It's... fun? I like the two side arms a lot but I thought the ricochet rounds would actually be good. Like bounce between targets good. But there's no overpenetration or anything.

Axoman

Ships obtained - 0.
Warlock Bonds - 0.
Titan Marks - 0.
Hunter Cloak - 0.
Shader - 0.

RNG please.

Any chance you are willing to help out a fellow Xbox player with trials some time?

Korosenai

Why didn't any of the games I played yesterday show up in my recent games? Did this happen to anyone else? My recent games shows I played on the 30th and then skips to today. Just completely skipped over yesterday.

You and Drizzay up to forcing people to jump to their own suicide again tonight? Or too burned out? Saturday night was like a string of teams made up of Sanford and Son.

ToO is like that drug you love taking but you can easily OD'd and no longer want to take drugs anymore.

hydruxo

After failing to kill Skolas last week with the sniper method, we got him down in no time once we switched to 3 ascended Found Verdicts.

If there's anybody who has yet to kill Skolas this week, definitely give this strategy a shot if you're having trouble. It was much easier with shotguns.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIP0aG8e-ZQ

-Have 1 person go kill the servitor on the left side, while other two stay near Skolas.
-The 2 that stay near the entrance should fire at the barrier to keep Skolas' attention and prevent him from teleporting away.
-As soon as the servitor is killed, pop a weapons of light bubble on the left corridor (another bubble with blessing is helpful but not necessary).
-All 3 should fire a full Found Verdict clip, dip back into the bubble, rinse and repeat.
-Finally, use your heavy and/or primary to finish him off if needed.

Guys, how good is The Fulcrum, and why would I use it over TlW, Thorn, Hawkmoon, Jewel or even Fatebringer?

The game keeps giving good guns, specially Scout Rifles and Hand Cannons and I don't know what to do with all of them.

Yeah, and then after you don't want to take it anymore, you suddenly want it again.

On that subject. Are you done for the week? I still need to get the Titan Boots.

Just throwing it out there, would anyone like to help me through the destiny story for my new character?

I guess it never hurts to ask.

Guys, how good is The Fulcrum, and why would I use it over TlW, Thorn, Hawkmoon, Jewel or even Fatebringer?

The game keeps giving good guns, specially Scout Rifles and Hand Cannons and I don't know what to do with all of them.

On that subject. Are you done for the week? I still need to get the Titan Boots.

I use Loner.Rebel (legendary HC from HoW promo shots) when I want to use an exotic special/heavy.

Otherwise it's the Holy Trinity of HCs + Vex or Red Death.

Lnkn52

After failing to kill Skolas last week with the sniper method, we got him down in no time once we switched to 3 ascended Found Verdicts.

If there's anybody who has yet to kill Skolas this week, definitely give this strategy a shot if you're having trouble. It was much easier with shotguns.

-Have 1 person go kill the servitor on the left side, while other two stay near Skolas.
-The 2 that stay near the entrance should fire at the barrier to keep Skolas' attention and prevent him from teleporting away.
-As soon as the servitor is killed, pop a weapons of light bubble on the left corridor (another bubble with blessing is helpful but not necessary).
-All 3 should fire a full Found Verdict clip, dip back into the bubble, rinse and repeat.

Wow, you had one shot crit for 12,666. TY for the share.

MrS

Banned
Shoutout to Navid and Cyberpunk Psycho. Awesome Mercury run and we came back from 0-3 in the final match. HUZZAH!

That strat actually looks pretty easy If you can get skolas to stay in place.

Not sure if just a WoL bubble will be enough tho. You came close to dying at some point. Also, adds are supposed to come from the left there. Was anyone taking care of them?

E92 M3

I have all the iron banner gear for my hunter. Level 30 boots, gauntlets, and chest with a level 32 helmet lol. And the cloak too.

I have like 7 etheric light and I might as well just say fuck it and ascend all 4 gear cause fuck it I'm rich

Sounds like a waste to me lol.

Fallout 4 or bust. That's all I want from this E3.

And a side of No Man's Sky.

I want NMS and Skyrim remake so badly.

ich00

played a clash game on pantheon for passage coins. as if this map wasnt bad enough half of the other team were sunsingers and all 10 of my deaths were from them running straight towards me and throwing sticky grenades. literally never fired their gun and theyd wait till i almost killed them

is there a postmortem bounty or something? that was absolutely stupid

I had this happen a few weeks ago except with the axion bolts, annoying as all hell.

solar jewel is the best legendary hand cannon you can get behind fatebringer. fulcrum is a jewel you can reroll but has no burn so not as good.

neither are really useful in pvp right now

Hyun Sai

We're at PoE 35, Skolas checkpoint. One player bailed on us, we need one with Found Verdict or 4th Horseman, if anyone interested.

You and Drizzay up to forcing people to jump to their own suicide again tonight? Or too burned out? Saturday night was like a string of teams made up of Sanford and Son.

Lol that's a great way to describe our Mercury run.

I came down with some kind of mild illness yesterday so I ended up sleeping it off and haven't played since yesterday morning. Feeling better now but still kinda meh, hoepfully by tonight I'll be feeling up for ToO. Obviously I don't want to drag teams down if I'm feeling too crappy to contribute, and we all know how much focus it takes to play well in Trials.

Ships obtained - 0.
Warlock Bonds - 0.
Titan Marks - 0.
Hunter Cloak - 0.
Shader - 0.

RNG please.

Damn that sucks. I got two hunter cloaks in my first and only pass through Trials Friday night.

hydruxo

That strat actually looks pretty easy If you can get skolas to stay in place.

Not sure if just a WoL bubble will be enough tho. You came close to dying at some point. Also, adds are supposed to come from the left there. Was anyone taking care of them?

Nope we got him down before the adds starting spawning. Sometimes Skolas did teleport back a bit, but for the most part if you're shooting the barriers he'll stay right there in front of you. If you can try and limit the damage you take from Skolas as much as possible you should be able to kill him quick enough to avoid dealing with the adds at all.

phen0m24

I came down with some kind of mild illness yesterday so I ended up sleeping it off and haven't played since yesterday morning. Feeling better now but still kinda meh, hoepfully by tonight I'll be feeling up for ToO. Obviously I don't want to drag teams down if I'm feeling too crappy to contribute, and we all know how much focus it takes to play well in Trials.
He lives!

Was checking up on you earlier in the thread.

:)

solar jewel is the best legendary hand cannon you can get behind fatebringer. fulcrum is a jewel you can reroll but has no burn so not as good.

neither are really useful in pvp right now

Thanks. I got really lucky with Solar Jewel then.

Yesteday I asked you a question about the last word but I think you missed it. What's the deal with it's range? It's supposed to be really short it's very good mid-range apparently.
Also, do you auto-fire with it? I try not to but I always end up auto firing.

M3Rocket

So this weekend's Trials is almost behind us. Over 100 people have signed up for the ToO 1st timers list and from that number, 26 have reached Mercury! This has been a bumpy road but I like to thank once again Unstable, Zoba, EjRobinson, Tears of Blood, WizzNARD and the rest of the GAF community for helping each other.

So what's in store for next week? I'm not really sure. The list will still be intact for anyone to view. This week really tested the volunteers and it's becoming obvious that the better you can carry your own weight through the trails, the better are your chances of reaching Mercury (Unless you're on a Unstable and Zoba train). So keep practicing Guardians and we hope that next week's map is alot better than the Pantheon. If the volunteers or new ones are up for it again next week, we will you guys/gals updated.

Hear, hear!

Also, Thank You for all the administrative work you've put into this list. I'm sure the amount of work due to the overwhelming response probably took up too much of your Destiny play time this past week. Your contribution to the GAF ToO Train should be duly recognized. Kudos to you Sir!

I would like to make some suggestions for next week if the volunteer Sherpa's aren't too burnt out. Just thinking out loud...

1. Make a separate list specifically for those that need just the minimum wins for the armor. I think there would be more volunteers who are more than capable of helping fellow guardians to a 5-2 for the armor. And there would be less pressure for volunteers to go "flawless" as expectations are much lower. Volunteers Sherpa's can simply refer to the list for the next in line and send invite's. If no response in X minutes, move onto the next. Sherpa can then cross off the names when finished. So the next Sherpa can see who's next in line.

2. Make the entry requirements to have all boons at the minimum--this will speed up and increase the chances of getting the number of required wins. My experience is that Passage Coins are plentiful--just play the daily crucible for at least one guaranteed per character each day. And they drop quite a bit in the crucible playlist.

3. Randomize the signup list--not everyone can keep up with the scroll rate. Start and stop the signups at 100 or some pre-determined number. Put the list into random.org and boom--there's the sequence.

I have some clear ideas of how the 5-win/armor list would work. We could discuss this at length in chat.

What do the rest of you GAFfer's think about a 5-win ToO list? Too little interest for it to be viable? Too much work for too little? Would any of you better than average PvP'ers volunteer to Sherpa?

LTWood12

Oh no! Get better Drizzay! I'll check in w/ you tonight. No biggie if you're not up to it, or would just rather do something else. I know Vaal is approaching burnout.

Me, Ichi, & T are going to give Skolas a shot this evening. Hoping it doesn't take all night, but it very well may.

Fatebringer is the undisputed king of Legendary hand cannons. I have a Fulcrum and it sits with one character. Nice to have in a pinch where I don't have to worry about moving weapons around, but I'll most likely keep using it up until I get FB ascended.

Impala26

We have to beat Halo Gaf.

Also why is the Halo thread so huge and currently active? Those games are comparatively dead these days.

We can hope dammit!

Also just from a few hours of Halo 5 Beta I can safely attest that it is undoubtedly a more fun, more balanced and overall better experience than Crucible.

Thanks. I got really lucky with Solar Jewel then.

Yesteday I asked you a question about the last word but I think you missed it. What's the deal with it's range? It's supposed to be really short it's very good mid-range apparently.
Also, do you auto-fire with it? I try not to but I always end up auto firing.

it has good range if you pace the shots. fan fire only when they are rushing straight towards you. otherwise dont hold the trigger down

sajj316

Nice! Wish I ran with you guys :)

PuMa

What do the rest of you GAFfer's think about a 5-win ToO list? Too little interest for it to be viable? Too much work for too little? Would any of you better than average PvP'ers volunteer to Sherpa?

A 5-win ToO list is a good idea, but there are just so many people that still haven't been to Mercury (myself included). I think the initial idea with this list was to prioritize those who hadn't been to the Promised Land so they could get there. Maybe we could have some 2nd tier PVPers help others get to 5 wins instead of putting more on Zoba/Unstable/EJ/etc's plate. The map next week should be easier to carry anyways
Please no Anomaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom