• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Anyone else think that the shader drop rate has increased? I know I'm like 30+ ranks in but getting bittersteel felt pretty good. I also feel like I've seen other people's luck change for the better as well.

I just got two NM shaders in back to back packages (neither are the one I want, but still).

Anyone else think that the shader drop rate has increased? I know I'm like 30+ ranks in but getting bittersteel felt pretty good. I also feel like I've seen other people's luck change for the better as well.

I've heard about a lot more Revenants dropping. Still waiting for mine (have Bittersteel at least).

Ken

Yeah, I'll be around tonight and tomorrow for our regularly scheduled reset activities which should get us to 20k posts. Have any popular title candidates emerged?

Will you guys have any open slots for reset raids? Would like to join again if there are.

PuMa

Getting a bit ToO punny in here ;-)

I still like |OT23| Pass the salt

Favorite is Beg for Mercury though. That will be it.

ah crap, that's what I'm aiming at right now!

Whatever I still want them, if for nothing else than the novelty of hitting level 33 before beating the story missions.

I want them for collection purposes but check this out:
aCZhYbq.jpg

Kalamari

I hope halo 5 is good, but 343 is fighting an uphill battle after their lackluster previous performances. I wasn't able to play the beta, but it sounds like a move in the right direction. However, you won't really know until players have had a real opportunity to sink their teeth in, a few weeks after launch.

Until another great fps comes, Destiny will have to suffice.

M3Rocket

A 5-win ToO list is a good idea, but there are just so many people that still haven't been to Mercury (myself included). I think the initial idea with this list was to prioritize those who hadn't been to the Promised Land so they could get there. Maybe we could have some 2nd tier PVPers help others get to 5 wins instead of putting more on Zoba/Unstable/EJ/etc's plate. The map next week should be easier to carry anyways
Please no Anomaly

For sure--hope it's not
Anomaly
which could have a lot of unexpected outcomes.

My thought on this 5-win list is exactly that--take some pressure off Zoba/Unstable/EJ/etc's. Also, provide opportunities to those like you who are more than capable of getting easy 5-wins to help.

I think it's a great idea.....though I think it should be 5 wins minimum, and then continue on until you're knocked out. If a team manages to go 5-0, I don't see why someone should be denied the chance at going further (at least to get the silver and gold packages) -- I guess time is kind of a constraint.

Maybe limit it to 3 Flawless groups per day, per Sherpa team. I mean it still takes like an hour to go 9-0 doesn't it? Any more than 3 hours a day on Flawless is too much.

Actually, time constraint is my exact thought. And helping as many people as possible. Also, the pressure and expectation starts to build too much as the win counts goes up. Besides, as soon as someone gets the 5-wins, it's up to them whether to continue with other friends anyway. So not really denying them a chance at getting more wins? And if they were then also on the GAF Mercury train, and somehow got 5-0 in the 5-win train, they would need less wins to get to Mercury!

A loose list of volunteers with no pre-determined times, tempered expectations and clear rules (5-wins per member) seems more organized than searching the myriad posts scattered throughout the OT of people looking for the minimum ToO help.

This is a great idea.

Let's do it!

Lnkn52

What do the rest of you GAFfer's think about a 5-win ToO list? Too little interest for it to be viable? Too much work for too little? Would any of you better than average PvP'ers volunteer to Sherpa?

We just might be done with lists entirely for now. Too much expectations being built on being a number. And if you're looking to set the bar even lower, you don't need a list, just build a group of your own here, we have many great players.

In the end, Play for fun because to reach 9-0 should be reserved to those that meet the requirements of Team Work and/or skills. We tried to do something very nice for the community but we didn't want the board to get negative about those helping and ToO in general.

Got another clanmate to Mercury today, felt good. Rushing a team with final round snipers and kicking their heads in felt so good.

About to crack the top 300 on the Destiny Tracker ToO leaderboards as well now.

Time to give Iron Banana a spin tomorrow evening, gonna take some getting used to, getting shot from all directions in Control.

Edit:
Forming groups on here on the spot might be the way to go for those 5-win teams. Just get at least one average player along and you'll be just fine most of the time.

We just might be done with lists entirely for now. Too much expectations being built on being a number. And if you're looking to set the bar even lower, you don't need a list, just build a group of your own here, we have many great players.

In the end, Play for fun because to reach 9-0 should be reserved to those that meet the requirements of Team Work and/or skills. We tried to do something very nice for the community but we didn't want the board to get negative about those helping and ToO in general.

I agree with this.

There are plenty of awesome players in this community and everyone is more than willing to help a gaffer out.

Keeping it a natural process i personally think is best.

Shit was intense in here yesterday morning >.>

rNilla

Personally I think people should work on forming regular groups, practicing in skirmish, etc. if they really want ToO gear every week. The PVP gods of DGAF have been incredibly generous with their time and talents but the carry train is not sustainable in terms of them regularly attempting to bring the entire community to Mercury.

Got another clanmate to Mercury today, felt good. Rushing a team with final round snipers and kicking their heads in felt so good.

Time to give Iron Banana a spin tomorrow evening, gonna take some getting used to, getting shot from all directions in Control.

Edit:
Forming groups on here on the spot might be the way to go for those 5-win teams. Just get at least one average player along and you'll be just fine most of the time.

Where can you see specifically where you are on the board? I can find the list, but I'm not sure how to search for my name other than Ctrl+F with Next page over and over again.

GG, that's what I like to see!
I'll probably be back for Iron Banana tomorrow, I think it will be a welcome change and it will give us the opportunity to play with more people.

Personally I think people should work on forming regular groups, practicing in skirmish, etc. if they really want ToO gear every week. The PVP gods of DGAF have been incredibly generous with their time and talents but the carry train is not sustainable in terms of them regularly attempting to bring the entire community to Mercury.

Agreed. Regular groups would at least get Ppl their armor, weapons and packages. Mercury is a long shot, but it's not impossible.

Where can you see specifically where you are on the board? I can find the list, but I'm not sure how to search for my name other than Ctrl+F with Next page over and over again.

I just looked up my real skill level on my own stats page and noticed it was quite high, so I just did the CTRL+F with Next Page thing (3 pages isnt that bad).

I'd say skill level 21-22 is about top 1000, lower than that and its going to be a pain to find yourself on that leaderboard.

Unless someone knows a way to find your own standing without randomly searching?

phen0m24

I posted this morning, but I think it would be rad if the PvP peeps were mentors rather than carriers. Yes, I'm aware the outcome might be similar, but I would rather sign up for a few rounds with (insert the chosen few here, which could be an EXPANDED LIST as many folks here are great at PvP) to pick up some tips and you know, HAVE FUN.

:)

Re: any variation about begging for Mercury: It's funny and clever, but I'm not crazy about it because it comes off slightly negative towards the community/the players themselves. As I've said many times, I don't like negative-ish stuff directed at the community (e.g. Prison of elders), and I don't think "begging" captures the community spirit. Anyone I've helped or I've seen helped by others has asked very nicely and been very appreciative regardless of the final result. On the other hand, I'm all for something that's funny and slightly negative towards the game ("how comes, no raid" or even "a house divided") or funny and neutral/positive towards the game or community ("game of thorns," "our house in the middle of the reef").

Lnkn52

Re: any variation about begging for Mercury: It's funny and clever, but I'm not crazy about it because it comes off slightly negative towards the community/the players themselves. As I've said many times, I don't like negative-ish stuff directed at the community (e.g. Prison of elders), and I don't think "begging" captures the community spirit. Anyone I've helped or I've seen helped by others has asked very nicely and been very appreciative regardless of the final result. On the other hand, I'm all for something that's funny and slightly negative towards the game ("how comes, no raid" or even "a house divided") or funny and neutral/positive towards the game or community ("game of thorns," "our house in the middle of the reef").

Speaking about negative, I broke the Guardian Lord List... OOppps

Edit:
200.gif

phen0m24

Good to have ya back, Drizz

was hoping for top of page - FOILED

Nami asked a very poignant question.

Will OT23 mark the arrival of the THUNDERLORD post?

rNilla

I would hope that as a community we're not so uptight that we can't poke fun at ourselves instead of only at Bungie. They post here too---or at least they used to...

How about the original suggestion? OT23 ToO Hard

Jabronium

So as I'm looking over my gear for IB, I figured I'd ask this of the group: Nothing Manacles or Voidfang Vestments for my Warlock? Both seem to have similar utility but I don't have a lot of experience with either outside of just leveling them in PvE.

Deku Tree

I agree with you Drizzay about no negative titles.

Hey in case you missed this... you are linking to "not the best Destiny transfer app/program" in the OP and you are missing the current top one:

I have three FB and three Fang and Three BH and three IB and three (five) horns and with the latest release of the loadouts app for iOS I feel like I only need one of each.

This app is so good that duos are totally in-necessary.

Hey Drizzay you need to link to the "loadouts for Destiny" app in the OP. By comparison the "tower ghost" app that you currently have linked is totally "the worst".

I see some of you talking about the chrome extension that allows you to move gear around.

Just want to quickly mention one of my favorite iOS apps, that makes transferring gear extremely easy.

It's called "Loadouts for Destiny".

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/loadouts-for-destiny/id980586442?mt=8

Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ssion_loadouts_for_destiny_10_iphone_app_for/

Dave_6

I'm up for some ToO attempts tonight. I feel like I'm pretty decent at PvP but not GOOD, though I have had some fantastic games. Seems like most folks are playing during the day while I'm at work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom