• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Unstable just solo'd three good players while he was the last man standing at time was up and everyone was at the control point. OMG

spyder_ur

I'm up for some ToO attempts tonight. I feel like I'm pretty decent at PvP but not GOOD, though I have had some fantastic games. Seems like most folks are playing during the day while I'm at work though.

I think Hay and I are planning to run some games tonight if you're interested, nothing too intense but if you feel like taking a few sniper shots to the face let me know.

As to Lnkn and the 'carriers', it sucks if this experience proved in any way stressful for them or they feel unappreciated, disrespected or anywhere in between. I was only half joking when I said they need an intern; it's a ton of work and the vast majority of people here can appreciate that. I was on the list this week and would love to go tonight, but at this point I feel like an annoyance even piping in.

I'd like it to continue, because I'd like to play with people and get better (and selfishly, I'd like to get to Mercury just to see it), but I've always said the moment I'm not enjoying something in this game I'm just not going to do it. That perspective is helpful at times.

I do agree with what Private said about the 3-man groups not feeling the same. All of the end-game activities feel a bit fragmented to me because of that, along with the fact there is so many more things going on that people are looking for. I'm really looking forward to IB if for no other reason than to group up with 5 people and kick some ass.

PuMa

Wow, I hadn't actually done any research into trials- it's just straight up everyone has 1 life and the team where all 3 people die first loses? Wow. At least the games are probably pretty quick, lol.

Well, that's one round. You have to win 5 rounds to win the match. It can take a while, especially on maps like Pantheon.

phen0m24

Oh wait I thought I only had to do 1.

Explain farming please!!!

Toland's Legacy has multiple parts. The middle, Step 3 is what I'm talking about.

•3 - Complete 25 Strikes

In that part, Nightfalls count as 3 "strikes" so I did Nightfalls one weekend with whomever asked me. It was fun.

:)

Hence, farmed them. Did a whole bunch in one day.

Hoodbury

Re: any variation about begging for Mercury: It's funny and clever, but I'm not crazy about it because it comes off slightly negative towards the community/the players themselves. As I've said many times, I don't like negative-ish stuff directed at the community (e.g. Prison of elders), and I don't think "begging" captures the community spirit. Anyone I've helped or I've seen helped by others has asked very nicely and been very appreciative regardless of the final result. On the other hand, I'm all for something that's funny and slightly negative towards the game ("how comes, no raid" or even "a house divided") or funny and neutral/positive towards the game or community ("game of thorns," "our house in the middle of the reef").

I can picture Colonel doing his Variks voice for something that would work really well for an OT title. I suck at remembering specifics though.

Deku Tree

Does Loadouts have an Android version though? I use Tower Ghost for Android, and it's amazing.

While I appreciate that you like Loadouts, it surely has it's limitations and certainly arguable as "the best Destiny transfer." Loadouts is most certainly NOT the best Destiny transfer app/program if you don't own a recent iThingi running the latest iOS.

Didn't realize Loadouts was iOS only... don't want to turn this into a "best app" war or an "iThingi" discussion.

Me and several other people in this thread have been unable to get "Tower Ghost" to work consistently recently... it often fails to load at all after a long wait.

Anyway I think it's not a bad idea to try to link to more than one app in the OP but it could be a challenge to link to all of them since who knows how many may come out.

Ken

I have no idea, the reset raid group has gotten pretty squirrely recently with who is included and what activities we want to do. Personally I'd like to have people who can play for a while, at least long enough to finish raids and Nightfalls, so we don't have to keep looking for replacements as people drop out. It also depends on what activities we want to do: 3 NM DS+Crota, 3 HM Crota then 3 HM Atheon? Or do people want to go from Oracles 1-3x? Or we could even focus on knocking out PoE stuff earlier since the raid loot is mostly outdated?

Anyway, I'll definitely keep a spot reserved for you if you think you'd be able to play for a while. Me, Ruthless, Jigga, ZW, and Bombastico have been the most consistent attendees recently with the 6th spot floating all over the place (old reset raiders YzenUp and Steroyd, Unstable, non-Gaf friends, etc).

Scrubby page toppers/100ppp Master Race Middle Page edit: Holding the Skolas CP for 782 min until Drizzay arrived, lol

Yeah reset comes during my evenings so I definitely have time for the raids and 3x nightfalls at the very least.

I'll keep a lookout around then, thanks!

PuMa

Didn't realize Loadouts was iOS only... don't want to turn this into a "best app" war or an "iThingi" discussion.

Me and several other people in this thread have been unable to get "Tower Ghost" to work consistently recently... it often fails to load at all after a long wait.

Anyway I think it's not a bad idea to try to link to more than one app in the OP but it could be a challenge to link to all of them since who knows how many may come out.

Certainly. A suggestion for Loadouts on iOS and Tower Ghost on Android would probably suffice.

Lol that's a great way to describe our Mercury run.

I came down with some kind of mild illness yesterday so I ended up sleeping it off and haven't played since yesterday morning. Feeling better now but still kinda meh, hoepfully by tonight I'll be feeling up for ToO. Obviously I don't want to drag teams down if I'm feeling too crappy to contribute, and we all know how much focus it takes to play well in Trials.

Hey Drizz hope you're feeling better. I slept 10 hours after being up for 72 hours at a stretch. I don't even remember the last 24 hours :/

I do agree with what Private said about the 3-man groups not feeling the same. All of the end-game activities feel a bit fragmented to me because of that, along with the fact there is so many more things going on that people are looking for.

Yeah that's been a big bummer to me as well. I always knew it would be, but I feel like I've missed out on tons of chances to play with different people. "Sorry, can't PoE now, trying to help ToO" etc. Having too many friends is a "destiny 1st world problem" but it still throws off the vibe. Lots of party chats where there are 2-3 different things happening and it gets too hectic where people have to leave and make separate chats. Definitely diminishes the social aspect.

LTWood12

Yeah that's been a big bummer to me as well. I always knew it would be, but I feel like I've missed out on tons of chances to play with different people. "Sorry, can't PoE now, trying to help ToO" etc. Having too many friends is a "destiny 1st world problem" but it still throws off the vibe. Lots of party chats where there are 2-3 different things happening and it gets too hectic where people have to leave and make separate chats. Definitely diminishes the social aspect.

Datamine had showed a 6-man arena activity before. Hoping they open up Prison of Elders to six-man fireteams later in the summer.

I have no idea, the reset raid group has gotten pretty squirrely recently with who is included and what activities we want to do. Personally I'd like to have people who can play for a while, at least long enough to finish raids and Nightfalls, so we don't have to keep looking for replacements as people drop out. It also depends on what activities we want to do: 3 NM DS+Crota, 3 HM Crota then 3 HM Atheon? Or do people want to go from Oracles 1-3x? Or we could even focus on knocking out PoE stuff earlier since the raid loot is mostly outdated?

Anyway, I'll definitely keep a spot reserved for you if you think you'd be able to play for a while. Me, Ruthless, Jigga, ZW, and Bombastico have been the most consistent attendees recently with the 6th spot floating all over the place (old reset raiders YzenUp and Steroyd, Unstable, non-Gaf friends, etc).

Scrubby page toppers/100ppp Master Race Middle Page edit: Holding the Skolas CP for 782 min until Drizzay arrived, lol
Rawr is MIA D:
Its cool, maintaining a normal sleep schedule since I have volunteer work now
Miss playing with the team, too bad there is no raid which frankly drain my interest :/

edit: plus I have been gone for what..2.5 months now? hmmmmmm

Holy shit... I just noticed, while watching Unstable's stream, that bumper jumper gives you a one button super! I don't know if I can switch from green thumb, but with the Titan T-Rex arms, I barely melee anyway.

Destiny |OT♦23| Rollin'...Rollin'...Rollin' at the Gunsmith

Destiny |OT♦23| Comet Cometh

Probably too early for it, but I like it.
Two weeks? Yeah, we should be on 24 before E3 starts.

Destiny |OT♦23| Disable Mines, Yes? Or...Shoot the Shit Out of Skolas

Hey Drizz hope you're feeling better. I slept 10 hours after being up for 72 hours at a stretch. I don't even remember the last 24 hours :/

Lol damn that sounds intense. Yeah I'm feeling pretty decent today compared to yesterday, I'm sure my wacky sleep schedule doesn't help. 72 hours !uptime is pretty ridiculous, even for me, lol.

I can picture Colonel doing his Variks voice for something that would work really well for an OT title. I suck at remembering specifics though.

Lol the Variks voice pedophile stuff was cracking me up so bad the other night when you, him, and Hawk was playing Trials. I didn't want to laugh too much and distract your team :p

stb

You weren't behind the scenes.

That sucks. I suppose you could blacklist the rabblerousers from participating; seems a shame to dismantle something that so many people appreciated (myself among them) because a few people were nasty.

I agree with this.

There are plenty of awesome players in this community and everyone is more than willing to help a gaffer out.

Keeping it a natural process i personally think is best.

Shit was intense in here yesterday morning >.>

Agreed. Regular groups would at least get Ppl their armor, weapons and packages. Mercury is a long shot, but it's not impossible.

Either I, and the people I generally play with, are far, far worse than we previously expected, or there's a perspective issue regarding the feasibility of getting 5 wins. =)

Anecdote time:
- I've run probably 10 cards between the two weekends of ToO, so far.
- 1 ended at Mercury, on Unstable's back
- the other 9 of those cards ended with fewer than 5 wins, most of which used at least one boon
- of those 9, I've played with a combination of DGAF PUGs, and my normal DGAF raiding pals
- I don't *think* I'm a terrible Crucible player
- My KDR isn't great (0.8-ish), but I believe that's largely because I largely play Control and am more focused on playing the objective than being afraid to die (yes, I understand that dying gives the other team points, and that aggression is a delicate balance).
- I'm routinely in the top half the scoreboard, leading me to believe I'm "slightly above average", overall.
- I, and the people I've run cards with, get absolutely trounced playing ToO

Anyway, where I'm going with this is that if you are able to easily obtain the 5 wins to get the armor either with your normal groups or through PUGs from here, I'm genuinely both happy and envious of you. It means some combination of a few possibilities: you're really quite good, your pals are really quite good, and/or the people you're getting PUGed with are really quite good.

But please remember there are a *lot* of players that can't manage 5 wins without significantly-better-than-average help. If you're not one of those people, keep doing your thing, but please don't advocate doing away with the "helper" lists just because they're of little or no use to you. I assure you they're useful to people.

It's really shitty that there was ANY negativity surrounding the carry lists. But that shouldn't taint the concept, IMO.

Toland's Legacy has multiple parts. The middle, Step 3 is what I'm talking about.

•3 - Complete 25 Strikes

In that part, Nightfalls count as 3 "strikes" so I did Nightfalls one weekend with whomever asked me. It was fun.

:)

Hence, farmed them. Did a whole bunch in one day.

<3 Sounds fun!!!

M3Rocket

I agree. I don't think it's a bad idea either to list any number of apps/extensions. None of them are "perfect in every way."

If you're having problems with Tower Ghost iOS loading your inventory, look at this issue and possible resolution: https://github.com/dasilva333/TowerGhostForDestiny/issues/233

You can also post the problem you're having with it here: https://github.com/dasilva333/TowerGhostForDestiny/issues

Ganhyun

Anyone willing to do Trials on the XBOne?

I kinda want to get to Mercury again if possible. If not, I'd like help getting to 8 wins to get the packages and such for all three characters.

Thanks!

dismantle miiiiines... or death!
need you... in aiiiiirlock, guardiaaaaaan
they are dead, you.... are not
sucess!......sucessssssss
return to airlock, yeeeees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom