• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this morning, but I think it would be rad if the PvP peeps were mentors rather than carriers. Yes, I'm aware the outcome might be similar, but I would rather sign up for a few rounds with (insert the chosen few here, which could be an EXPANDED LIST as many folks here are great at PvP) to pick up some tips and you know, HAVE FUN.

:)

That's exactly how it should be! Be vocal, ask why someone does something, follow their movements, ask how to react in a certain situation.
Its tough, but everyone started out sucking at PvP. The only way to get better is to proactively learn more about the PvP side of the game.

M3Rocket

Re: any variation about begging for Mercury: It's funny and clever, but I'm not crazy about it because it comes off slightly negative towards the community/the players themselves. As I've said many times, I don't like negative-ish stuff directed at the community (e.g. Prison of elders), and I don't think "begging" captures the community spirit. Anyone I've helped or I've seen helped by others has asked very nicely and been very appreciative regardless of the final result. On the other hand, I'm all for something that's funny and slightly negative towards the game ("how comes, no raid" or even "a house divided") or funny and neutral/positive towards the game or community ("game of thorns," "our house in the middle of the reef").

OT23: HoWls come when ToO hard

stb

We just might be done with lists entirely for now. Too much expectations being built on being a number. And if you're looking to set the bar even lower, you don't need a list, just build a group of your own here, we have many great players.

In the end, Play for fun because to reach 9-0 should be reserved to those that meet the requirements of Team Work and/or skills. We tried to do something very nice for the community but we didn't want the board to get negative about those helping and ToO in general.

This makes me a little sad.

The carry lists are a fantastic service for the community. There was a bit of a kerfuffle over the weekend, but that seemed less about the lists and more about frustration with the mode for mortals. =)

Was there actual hostility toward the carriers this weekend? I skipped huge swaths of posts the last few days because I just couldn't keep up with the rate, but I didn't see anyone getting upset with the carriers.

rNilla

I posted this morning, but I think it would be rad if the PvP peeps were mentors rather than carriers. Yes, I'm aware the outcome might be similar, but I would rather sign up for a few rounds with (insert the chosen few here, which could be an EXPANDED LIST as many folks here are great at PvP) to pick up some tips and you know, HAVE FUN.

:)

Yes, well said. This is more what I was trying to get at. Hopefully no one reads my post as "get good." Just like raids there should be plenty of people around to help those less experienced, comfortable, etc. That's why this place is great.

phen0m24

That's exactly how it should be! Be vocal, ask why someone does something, follow their movements, ask how to react in a certain situation.
Its tough, but everyone started out sucking at PvP. The only way to get better is to proactively learn more about the PvP side of the game.

ToB I'm down. I now am exasperating poor Fig
kidding, she's awesome
but I did send you a friend request the other day.

LOVE TO LEARN

This is how I feel watching you guys and listening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj-qBUWOYfE

Lnkn52

This makes me a little sad.

The carry lists are a fantastic service for the community. There was a bit of a kerfuffle over the weekend, but that seemed less about the lists and more about frustration with the mode for mortals. =)

Was there actual hostility toward the carriers this weekend? I skipped huge swaths of posts the last few days because I just couldn't keep up with the rate, but I didn't see anyone getting upset with the carriers.

You weren't behind the scenes.

Personally I think people should work on forming regular groups, practicing in skirmish, etc. if they really want ToO gear every week. The PVP gods of DGAF have been incredibly generous with their time and talents but the carry train is not sustainable in terms of them regularly attempting to bring the entire community to Mercury.

I agree with this, except for the forming regular groups thing. Raids were perfect for my wacky schedule because there was almost always a sixth spot that needed filling, and the group almost always had a diverse skill set and level. With three person teams I'm scared that it will be much easier for groups to set a play date and not need a fill in. I'll be outside in the rain looking in. Everyone else will git tactical and gud, and I'll be forever bad.

I hope solid teams keep picking up a random third to Sherpa.

PuMa

I agree with you Drizzay about no negative titles.

Hey in case you missed this... you are linking to "not the best Destiny transfer app/program" in the OP and you are missing the current top one:

Does Loadouts have an Android version though? I use Tower Ghost for Android, and it's amazing.

ocean

Banned
Wikipedia has an article on mercury poisoning.

Mercury salts affect primarily the gastrointestinal tract and the kidneys, and can cause severe kidney damage; however, as they cannot cross the blood–brain barrier easily, mercury salts inflict little neurological damage without continuous or heavy exposure.[30] As two oxidation states of mercury form salts (Hg22+ and Hg2+), mercury salts occur in both mercury(I) (or mercurous) and mercury(II) (mercuric) forms. Mercury(II) salts are usually more toxic than their mercury(I) counterparts because their solubility in water is greater; thus, they are more readily absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.[30]

This is just screaming for Destiny vandalism :p

Deku Tree

I have 38 passage coins. I have been doing the Crucible Daily (mostly for fun and for the motes) every day and using very few of the passage coins.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Xplicit, Ruben is up to take you to the lighthouse. Take on his offer for he is your general.

Anybody have gk check? I need glimmer. More broke than Wesley Snipes.

rNilla

I agree with this, except for the forming regular groups thing. Raids were perfect for my wacky schedule because there was almost always a sixth spot that needed filling, and the group almost always had a diverse skill set and level. With three person teams I'm scared that it will be much easier for groups to set a play date and not need a fill in. I'll be outside in the rain looking in. Everyone else will git tactical and gud, and I'll forever bad.

Agreed. I've never quite had a regular group for anything and have enjoyed playing with lots of different people here but that doesn't mean people can't or won't find others they click with and try to play together frequently. My main point was we should all be able to group up here just like with raids. Lists are fine too but not when there are only one or two dependent on a handful of people. Of course that's up to those people.

LordofPwn

With all the new content coming our way in the future, they REALLY need to do something about vault space. While I certainly appreciate the bit they added for us a few months back, I'm pretty desperate for more vault space, right now.

I know it's been said somewhere that they are "looking at it", but sometimes I feel with Bungie that too little happens too late.

I'm sure they have a lot on their plate though... so I will continue to be patient while my OCD slowly drives me mad. Already I have deleted cloaks, emblems, old armor, and all of the new queens weapons. I just can't.....

This is what we need though:

Im jealous, i only have 7 NLB in my vault...

Also | OT<>23 | The one before E3
You'll probably get an emblem just for posting
Can someone check on Eva?

M3Rocket

We just might be done with lists entirely for now. Too much expectations being built on being a number. And if you're looking to set the bar even lower, you don't need a list, just build a group of your own here, we have many great players.

In the end, Play for fun because to reach 9-0 should be reserved to those that meet the requirements of Team Work and/or skills. We tried to do something very nice for the community but we didn't want the board to get negative about those helping and ToO in general.

Hmmm--that leads me back to "clicks" and such. But whatever.

By and large, I don't feel like there was a big negative vibe on those helping at all. There were some frustrations expressed, but I don't think anything got too overboard towards anyone in the community that was helping.

TheOddOne

That match was utterly bizarre. Next the guy falling off the map, the last teammate also committed suicide.

gameclip-original6.mpf4koh.jpg

Wikipedia has an article on mercury poisoning.

This is just screaming for Destiny vandalism :p

I like where this is going, make something funny out of it, heh!

kidding, she's awesome

LOVE TO LEARN

What's your PSN? I may or may not have accepted you, I get loads of friend requests from complete strangers these days and often do not bother to sift through them.

If I haven't added you, will do so tomorrow!
For now, its go to bed and wake up early for work time for me :(

Re: any variation about begging for Mercury: It's funny and clever, but I'm not crazy about it because it comes off slightly negative towards the community/the players themselves. As I've said many times, I don't like negative-ish stuff directed at the community (e.g. Prison of elders), and I don't think "begging" captures the community spirit. Anyone I've helped or I've seen helped by others has asked very nicely and been very appreciative regardless of the final result. On the other hand, I'm all for something that's funny and slightly negative towards the game ("how comes, no raid" or even "a house divided") or funny and neutral/positive towards the game or community ("game of thorns," "our house in the middle of the reef").

That's what I was thinking as well, liked the title but could be interpreted as negative. Please put my vote down for A House Divided.

I'm not gonna follow your movements, I would die in seconds.
I'll do what I do best
sticking tripmines to walking targets, while protecting you with final round
. But yeah no one should be afraid of asking questions in PvP. Sometimes it helps us as well seeing things differently.

kidding, she's awesome

LOVE TO LEARN

Try to hop into an IB train if you see us on. Might be a bit difficult depending on timezones, but if there's a spot open send a message!

M3Rocket

I agree with you Drizzay about no negative titles.

Hey in case you missed this... you are linking to "not the best Destiny transfer app/program" in the OP and you are missing the current top one:

While I appreciate that you like Loadouts, it surely has it's limitations and certainly arguable as "the best Destiny transfer." Loadouts is most certainly NOT the best Destiny transfer app/program if you don't own a recent iThingi running the latest iOS.

phen0m24

Yes, well said. This is more what I was trying to get at. Hopefully no one reads my post as "get good." Just like raids there should be plenty of people around to help those less experienced, comfortable, etc. That's why this place is great.

I agree with this, except for the forming regular groups thing. Raids were perfect for my wacky schedule because there was almost always a sixth spot that needed filling, and the group almost always had a diverse skill set and level. With three person teams I'm scared that it will be much easier for groups to set a play date and not need a fill in. I'll be outside in the rain looking in. Everyone else will git tactical and gud, and I'll be forever bad.

I hope solid teams keep picking up a random third to Sherpa.

I heart you guys.

What if instead of a list of "Hey put your name down to go to Mercury" we put up a list of folks who volunteer their name and say

"Invite me to play PvP with you"

Similar to how Drizzy or Unstable occasionally put up the

PAIN TRAIN ABOUT TO LEAVE THE STATION posts

we could have an exhaustive list of people that could pop into a 2 man team for Skirmish or a 6 man Clash or what have you.

Anyone else notice that there were a lot of people talking about 9-0 NOT named Unstable, Twilight, EJ or Tears (with the 4 of them bearing so much pressure)? Lots of awesome people in here. Let's team up and dominate!
Or really just learn, yeah learn. :)

Got the bounty!

Question about the 1st part (complete a weekly or NF):

A. Does it have to be highest level, or can I do weekly at 26 to knock it out quicker?

B. If I already it all weeklies/NFs on all 3 characters, will it still count?

PuMa

Got the bounty!

A. Does it have to be highest level, or can I do weekly at 26 to knock it out quicker?

Any level of the weekly, even if you've already done it for the week.

phen0m24

Got the bounty!

Does not have to be highest level

YEs it still counts

I farmed Nightfalls then because they count as 3

Agreed. I've never quite had a regular group for anything and have enjoyed playing with lots of different people here but that doesn't mean people can't or won't find others they click with and try to play together frequently. My main point was we should all be able to group up here just like with raids. Lists are fine too but not when there are only one or two dependent on a handful of people. Of course that's up to those people.

I hear you, and I really, really hope that vibe continues. I just feel that the small team size makes it too easy to get a group together without needing to leave the comfort of your friend's list. I think being forced to group up here has gone a long way to make this community what it is...I want to be proactive and put that thought into people's head...If you have a good group of three, try to be conscious that not everyone does and there are lots of us willing to fill in for a day.

Will you guys have any open slots for reset raids? Would like to join again if there are.

I have no idea, the reset raid group has gotten pretty squirrely recently with who is included and what activities we want to do. Personally I'd like to have people who can play for a while, at least long enough to finish raids and Nightfalls, so we don't have to keep looking for replacements as people drop out. It also depends on what activities we want to do: 3 NM DS+Crota, 3 HM Crota then 3 HM Atheon? Or do people want to go from Oracles 1-3x? Or we could even focus on knocking out PoE stuff earlier since the raid loot is mostly outdated?

Anyway, I'll definitely keep a spot reserved for you if you think you'd be able to play for a while. Me, Ruthless, Jigga, ZW, and Bombastico have been the most consistent attendees recently with the 6th spot floating all over the place (old reset raiders YzenUp and Steroyd, Unstable, non-Gaf friends, etc).

Scrubby page toppers/100ppp Master Race Middle Page edit: Holding the Skolas CP for 782 min until Drizzay arrived, lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wow, I hadn't actually done any research into trials- it's just straight up everyone has 1 life and the team where all 3 people die first loses? Wow. At least the games are probably pretty quick, lol.

Does not have to be highest level

YEs it still counts

I farmed Nightfalls then because they count as 3

Oh wait I thought I only had to do 1.

Explain farming please!!!

Edit: Oh, I see: for the 25 strike part. So I can just keep running the weekly at 26, and it counts as 2 each time. Cool. Plus, I really need to run strikes anyway for weapon parts, so this is coming at the perfect time. Doing NF over and over seems a bit intense!

Frenden

Banned
I just rolled a LGH with:

Longview SR10 (+30 Aim Assist w/.5x more zoom than Shortgaze)

Hidden Hand (+15 Aim Assist)

Injection Mold (Stability Buff)

Unflinching

Woah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom