• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

What are people choosing for the the last few skill trees of Gunslinger for Trials? Chains and Trance seem like weird picks.

My cheesy title attempts.

OT23: Law and Order HoW: Trials and Prison

OT23: Kill Wolves, Face Trials, Go to Prison.

OT23: HoW ToO stop a Prison Break.

I would hope that as a community we're not so uptight that we can't poke fun at ourselves instead of only at Bungie. They post here too---or at least they used to...

"Uptight" is one of the last words I'd use to describe this community. We poke fun at ourselves constantly in the OTs themselves, which is great. I just don't think it's appropriate for the title, especially since "begging" doesn't accurately describe the situation imo. I know it's a joke but I think jokes are funnier when they're also true.

As for Bungie, I can't remember the last time anyone posted here. I honestly have no idea if they lurk, but it would be great if they did. A lot of the most experienced and informed players hang out here. It's also important to draw a distinction between a thing (I.e. The game) and the people (I.e Bungie). I'll criticize Crota until I'm blue in the face because "the thing" is bad and deserves criticism. But the people who made the thing did the best they could with the resources they had and don't deserve criticism. Lord knows I couldn't do better. Final round snipers are a terrible thing but people aren't terrible for using what's in the game, etc.

I try to keep that distinction in mind when I post, and avoid vitriol against the people ("f the devs" type of posts).

noomi

Thanks to unstable and wicked for letting me run with them to Mercury!

This game wants me to use scout rifles, got a void scout :D

Zocano

"Uptight" is one of the last words I'd use to describe this community. We poke fun at ourselves constantly in the OTs themselves, which is great. I just don't think it's appropriate for the title, especially since "begging" doesn't accurately describe the situation imo. I know it's a joke but I think jokes are funnier when they're also true.

Eh, I think it's obvious that there is a truth there in the joke even if the joke is exaggerating it and painting a slightly different picture. I think that's why a lot of us find it funny like you said, because there is that hint of truth in it. Not "begging" per se, but definitely just a resignation that it's their only hope.

Mindlog

#TeamSecondTry on Skolas. Skolas is officially on farm.
Jay got his first Exotic Cipher and I got my first PoE primary. Void pistol. I'm short on Void weapons so I'll take it.

Compared to Word of Crota it has:
Lower RoF
Moderately higher impact
Slightly shorter to range

BONUS DAMAGE TO SHANKS. SOLD!
Who doesn't want bonus damage to shanks on a void pistol?

noomi

#TeamSecondTry on Skolas. Skolas is officially on farm.
Jay got his first Exotic Cipher and I got my first PoE primary. Void pistol. I'm short on Void weapons so I'll take it.

Compared to Word of Crota it has:
Lower RoF
Higher impact
Slightly shorter to range

BONUS DAMAGE TO SHANKS. SOLD!
Who doesn't want bonus damage to shanks on a void pistol?

Awesome! Congrats! Skolas is a real pain in the ass this week, curious to see what he looks like tomorrow though.

Scary!

As for Bungie, I can't remember the last time anyone posted here. I honestly have no idea if they lurk, but it would be great if they did. A lot of the most experienced and informed players hang out here. It's also important to draw a distinction between a thing (I.e. The game) and the people (I.e Bungie). I'll criticize Crota until I'm blue in the face because "the thing" is bad and deserves criticism. But the people who made the thing did the best they could with the resources they had and don't deserve criticism. Lord knows I couldn't do better. Final round snipers are a terrible thing but people aren't terrible for using what's in the game, etc.

I try to keep that distinction in mind when I post, and avoid vitriol against the people ("f the devs" type of posts).

it's important to criticize the creation rather than the creator, but the creator needs to be held accountable. am sure they're all good people who have tried their best, but there are certain aspects of the game that i think would be better managed by different people. the multiplayer maps in particular need a different team because the current one doesn't have a very good track record.

i also didn't think the title was going to be taken serious. most of them aren't.

Hoodbury

dismantle miiiiines... or death!
need you... in aiiiiirlock, guardiaaaaaan
they are dead, you.... are not
sucess!......sucessssssss
return to airlock, yeeeees?

I feel like there could be a good pun for the bolded one. It's one of my favorite Varik lines. Either that or "they are trying to kill you, kill them back".

I suck at puns though.

Namikaze1

I said it before and I'll say it again: I need a bigger vault.

Also, for the love of god, don't have emblems and shader take up any space for Destiny 2. And mats shouldn't have a limit to them before making a new stack.

One last thing: let me destroy all these special ammo synths!

Sullichin

Agreed. One of the most cringeworthy things about GAF (not necessarily this thread) to me is when people call developers lazy. As if these people probably working 80 hours a week during crunch time are lazy because a game drops frames or doesn't have a particular feature. I'm sure they lurk, GAF is huge, but it's no wonder why more devs don't post.

Zocano

Dreg's Promise is fairly disappointing. It's a fun gun but it's kinda... sloppy? The bullets are physically slow. Have to lead it in PVP which is weird cause it's a mid-range/close-range gun. Also the unique perk on it isn't even very good. If the shots actually tracked super hard after ricochet, it might actually be decent, but they don't and are pretty useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom