• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think that the shader drop rate has increased? I know I'm like 30+ ranks in but getting bittersteel felt pretty good. I also feel like I've seen other people's luck change for the better as well.

Yes, I've gotten two Dead Orbit shaders since HoW was released and only one before that.

Agreed. One of the most cringeworthy things about GAF (not necessarily this thread) to me is when people call developers lazy. As if these people probably working 80 hours a week during crunch time are lazy because a game drops frames or doesn't have a particular feature. I'm sure they lurk, GAF is huge, but it's no wonder why more devs don't post.

it's appropriate when used in context. there are a lot of things in destiny that i'd describe as "lazy". it obviously took a lot of man hours to put it in the game, but as far as the design goes, it may leave a lot to be desired.

rNilla

"Uptight" is one of the last words I'd use to describe this community.
Me too which is why I said I hope we're not.

We poke fun at ourselves constantly in the OTs themselves, which is great. I just don't think it's appropriate for the title, especially since "begging" doesn't accurately describe the situation imo. I know it's a joke but I think jokes are funnier when they're also true.

The Trials have created a Mercury fever and hopefully it's clear it was a poke at all of the carry and team-up requests that were rampant the previous two weekends as this place was consumed with PVP shenanigans. But that's fine, I get it and I ultimately don't care if this title is used, though this visual gag will go to waste:

D3mwpiw.png

As for Bungie, I can't remember the last time anyone posted here. I honestly have no idea if they lurk, but it would be great if they did. A lot of the most experienced and informed players hang out here.

No they don't really post here but I'm sure they lurk. It's probably wiser to spend their PR time on larger platforms like reddit or BNET though I imagine they are also just busy in general. Every time I bring this up it's because I'm hinting at the brief window of time when they did post in the OTs and weren't always welcomed with open arms...

It's also important to draw a distinction between a thing (I.e. The game) and the people (I.e Bungie). I'll criticize Crota until I'm blue in the face because "the thing" is bad and deserves criticism. But the people who made the thing did the best they could with the resources they had and don't deserve criticism. Lord knows I couldn't do better. Final round snipers are a terrible thing but people aren't terrible for using what's in the game, etc.

I try to keep that distinction in mind when I post, and avoid vitriol against the people ("f the devs" type of posts).

Absolutely, I agree. All software has bugs and as players the best way to bring about change is to intelligently voice our grievances. Though I do like to remind everyone once in a while that Bungie are people too, they have GAF accounts, and they are just as much a part of this forum and community as the rest of us.

i also didn't think the title was going to be taken serious. most of them aren't.
Oh also this but mostly what I already said up top.

Rushing a team with final round snipers and kicking their heads in felt so good.

This is why I don't make a big deal about FR snipers. If I see a team full of them I'll switch to shotties and rush the heck out of them, no biggie. Me and Bitsurugi had several matches against FR teams yesterday and beat them just fine. We didn't challenge the sniper lanes and either rushed cliff side or across the bridge through mid.

Everything in the game has a counter-play in the game. That's why the only things that really bother me are severe lag and cheaters (lag switchers DC'ing our team).

noomi

Alright, going to finally get some food. Will be back later for some PoE & Crucible.

Destiny |OT23| ToO Hard

Jeevez

Anybody need another lvl 32 POE run? I need to get my hunter through yet this week. Hoping to get it done in under an hour max as that's all the time I've got right now. PS4 - Jeeves87.

Destiny |OT♦23| Out Before the Roll

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

This is not a serious suggestion. I just like juxtaposition.

P44

I've just beaten the templar in VOG, I need to finish this off though. It's hard mode - I need 5 people. Anybody up for it?

PSN: PXLIV

LTWood12

w/ 3 LDR tier arc snipers, is a Weapons of light bubble required for Skolas? W/ the arc burn Blessing seems like a must, but I just want to hammer him in the first minute if possible.

Kind of a shot in the dark here. Anybody on XB1 want to let a noob tag along in either VoG or Crota's end? 34 titan, have mic.
Hey I'm on xb1 and wouldn't mind playing some VOG. Will be home in <20 minutes. My gamer tag is in profile so message me if you find some more people.

ethomaz

Banned
Skolas killed... thanks so much Forrest and Falifax.

I found easy with P&T than LDR due the perks... easy than Found Verdict too.

BTW which is the best Exotic to get for the bounty?

Me too which is why I said I hope we're not.

The Trials have created a Mercury fever and hopefully it's clear it was a poke at all of the carry and team-up requests that were rampant the previous two weekends as this place was consumed with PVP shenanigans. But that's fine, I get it and I ultimately don't care if this title is used, though this visual gag will go to waste:

I didn't even think of the double meaning at first. I was really begging for mercy from Skulfus or whatever and Trials losses. And yeah Mercury is awesome. Nice mix.

gatti-man

I downloaded it earlier today based on people talking about it and logged in to PSN through it. Can't get it to load. Even deleted and reinstalled.

iPhone 6+ it was kind of weird at first. Would hang at the log in psn screen. I logged in then force closed it and booted it back up. Worked like a harm ever since and it truly is worth the hassle.

ethomaz

Banned
I need to get the boots for all my chars.

Who is down for some ToO? I can "almost" warranty Mercurry with my Warlock with a good team but with Titan and Hunter I will play only for the boots lol

Svartnatt

If anyone wants to run trials tonight I'm game. Psn gatti-man. Ran 9-1 yesterday still looking for that flawless run.

Haven't got to run Trials past two nights in a row, so was hoping to get some runs in before the reset. West Coaster here and usually jump on around 8:30 Pacific. Does that time work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom