• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I've posted a few times about changing to the jumper controller layout. I thought I had gotten used to it, but this may have caused me to do the dumbest thing I've ever done in PvP earlier. I accidentally pressed X when I wanted to jump and completely wasted my super right after spawn, and I was playing on my Titan so I couldn't even try to make it work.

There is no video, but there is a witness.

Kyne

Okay, so I've posted a few times about changing to the jumper controller layout. I thought I had gotten used to it, but this may have caused me to do the dumbest thing I've ever done in PvP earlier. I accidentally pressed X when I wanted to jump and completely wasted my super right after spawn, and I was playing on my Titan so I couldn't even try to make it work.

needless to say you must silence the witness at all costs.

GhaleonEB

So any reason to farm PoE 28?

Aside from the Variks rep (and fun), I think of it as being like a long strike from the playlists, with better rewards than a Dragon strike (XP, engrams, motes, coins, glimmer). Only, it's marginally less useful as you can't seem to work on bounties while in it (I think? Didn't seem to be working for me.)

M3Rocket

That sucks. I suppose you could blacklist the rabblerousers from participating; seems a shame to dismantle something that so many people appreciated (myself among them) because a few people were nasty.

Well said. I prefer more organization and less leave it up to whether your posts gets read in the deluge. It should declutter the OT at least a little I would think.

I watched hours of Unstable and Zoba train, and I don't think I heard anything but sincere gratitude from the ridership. I admire how everyone on there has pretty much been a hugely positive reflection of Destiny GAF.

Either I, and the people I generally play with, are far, far worse than we previously expected, or there's a perspective issue regarding the feasibility of getting 5 wins. =)

Anecdote time:
- I've run probably 10 cards between the two weekends of ToO, so far.
- 1 ended at Mercury, on Unstable's back
- the other 9 of those cards ended with fewer than 5 wins, most of which used at least one boon
- of those 9, I've played with a combination of DGAF PUGs, and my normal DGAF raiding pals
- I don't *think* I'm a terrible Crucible player
- My KDR isn't great (0.8-ish), but I believe that's largely because I largely play Control and am more focused on playing the objective than being afraid to die (yes, I understand that dying gives the other team points, and that aggression is a delicate balance).
- I'm routinely in the top half the scoreboard, leading me to believe I'm "slightly above average", overall.
- I, and the people I've run cards with, get absolutely trounced playing ToO

Anyway, where I'm going with this is that if you are able to easily obtain the 5 wins to get the armor either with your normal groups or through PUGs from here, I'm genuinely both happy and envious of you. It means some combination of a few possibilities: you're really quite good, your pals are really quite good, and/or the people you're getting PUGed with are really quite good.

But please remember there are a *lot* of players that can't manage 5 wins without significantly-better-than-average help. If you're not one of those people, keep doing your thing, but please don't advocate doing away with the "helper" lists just because they're of little or no use to you. I assure you they're useful to people.

It's really shitty that there was ANY negativity surrounding the carry lists. But that shouldn't taint the concept, IMO.

I am in a similar situation. I have run 7-8 cards over this last weekend with various people on my FL and on here. I ran 2- or 3-cards with Xplicit and Thenal and had lots of fun. But lots of times, we simply ran out of ideas as to what to do. And eventually, our combined K/D will rear it's ugly head. A trio of 0.8 to 1.2 K/D's need to get "gud" all of a sudden or get really lucky to be 5-2. The very definition of average means that going 5-2 is a tall order! An oxymoron if you will.

Any trains running for ToO. I need the 5 wins on my Warlock and Hunter (both 34)(max thorn, vex, mida). psn is kortez1981. I sometimes hold my own (inconsistency).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
*** edit: Xbox One *** forgot to put that ***

So if anyone wants to run some trials today in an attempt to just get the 5 wins for the armour pls message me.

I'm an average PvP player.

Sometimes that a humble remark... Other times its exageration

nOoblet16

Lol I am completely used to it with my hunter but it's funny how I'm not used to it at all with my titan.

It made me realise how hardwired the titan movement system was in my mind (understandable considering how you have to rely on jump skiing with the titan to move fast). So Often I'd run and to shoulder charge I'd press R1 only to throw a grenade. This sort of encounter where I am running towards an enemy to melee them didn't happen when I play as a hunter so it was still hardwired to my mind to press R1 instead of R3.

Then this other time I slipped off the edge so I tried to recover using X as that's what I always did when I wanted to recover and boom I jump off from the cliff using my super. There was another case where I wasted my super because I wanted to jump ski and pressed X to use my super at the start of the round, in a critical round nonetheless !.

PuMa

I switched only a couple weeks after launch and did that more times than I can come. At this point I don't even remember what the original controls are. The end product is worth it I'd say.

Zocano

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

CGcqTN_UIAANxZc.jpg

forrest

formerly nacire
Skolas killed... thanks so much Forrest and Falifax.

I found easy with P&T than LDR due the perks... easy than Found Verdict too.

BTW which is the best Exotic to get for the bounty?

Yes, felt good to get the kill on a week many had abandoned. Didn't get anything worthwhile.

Namikaze1

That's alright. The witness will provide the footage we need anyway.

Unless... Nah, you didn't. Did you?

Got another clanmate to Mercury today, felt good. Rushing a team with final round snipers and kicking their heads in felt so good.

About to crack the top 300 on the Destiny Tracker ToO leaderboards as well now.

Time to give Iron Banana a spin tomorrow evening, gonna take some getting used to, getting shot from all directions in Control.

Edit:
Forming groups on here on the spot might be the way to go for those 5-win teams. Just get at least one average player along and you'll be just fine most of the time.

There isn't a more satisfying way to deal with a team playing like that. So good.

Obscured

Aside from the Variks rep (and fun), I think of it as being like a long strike from the playlists, with better rewards than a Dragon strike (XP, engrams, motes, coins, glimmer). Only, it's marginally less useful as you can't seem to work on bounties while in it (I think? Didn't seem to be working for me.)

I was hoping to work on my machine gun kills while farming rep (I want a new ship) and it did not count kills for that bounty, I haven't come across any that work yet.

Ramirez

I was going through all my clips today cleaning out the ole HDD, and made a quick mash up of them. I'm no top 50 player or anything, and these clips are old as hell, it's just funny to see how different the PVP was then compared to now, lol. Lots of Ghalahed, SUROS, Epilogue, Invective, etc. The end has a couple ToO clips, I miss my Kinect on PS4 for easy clip recording. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo0SJ688iao

Frenden

Banned
I ran my first strike, a Nightfall for a friend, with an upgraded Fatebringer (but not ascended).

I think playing without a Fatebringer for so long steels you. I had way, way more kills than usual.

That. Was. Amazing.

I'm ascending this thing before I use etheric light on my last level 32/33 character. Fatebringer is now top priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom