• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still holding out hope for Bungie changing up ToO and removing heavy weapon spawns, disabling supers, getting rid of revives(if you die you should have to wait until the next round to play again) and adding ranked MM. Special weapons and the likes of Thorn would still be a problem, but most of the major issues wille be solved by making the above changes.

I'm fine with everything the way it is except supers. Supers should be disabled in ToO.

Magik

Agree with everything except getting rid of revives, I think it makes the games frantic and gives teams the ability to change the tide of battle very quickly.

The revives need to be adjusted. At the very least, there shouldn't be an immunity duration. There needs to be a greater risk to reviving.

Wallach

The revives need to be adjusted. At the very least, there shouldn't be an immunity duration. There needs to be a greater risk to reviving.

It's not immunity, it's just a brief overshield. You can still immediately snipe headshot someone with it on. It's definitely risky if anyone is near the area since you are forced into grenade range to start reviving.

BondFancy

Meh don't like trials..I play too aggressive and the other team like to set up a nice fire, roast marshmallows and make s'mores..
That's how we went 9-0 (1 loss but boon saved me). You have to be very passive and campy, every team that would slowly try and push us we decimated. However, the über aggressive players were the only type to beat us, because they used shoulder charge Titans with Felwinters lie and would rush us instantly and overwhelm us by seperating us.

Ramirez

Unstable was doming revived kids all day, it's really not a problem.

The risk is the person having to stop their attack. If you have the numbers, you pounce, immediately.

Magik

It's not immunity, it's just a brief overshield. You can still immediately snipe headshot someone with it on. It's definitely risky if anyone is near the area since you are forced into grenade range to start reviving.

I'm sure I've seen the word "immunity" pop up before I can actually do damage.

Gordon

So I've been re-rolling my Hard Luck Charm trying different perk combos because it just hasn't felt right to me yet. Currently levelling it up to try out shot package/rodeo, with field choke and rifled barrel. Looks like it should have a disgusting amount of range and still have some stability, although my reload is going to hurting so I'll have to rely more on my war machine perk. I can always chill in my bubble reloading and contemplating my mohawk at my own pace too. People love that. They always come join me lol

Edit: Oh, is there a consensus on Deadshot Luna? I've been enjoying mine with full auto and outlaw.

Afterlife

Man farming for keys is possibly the most boring thing ever. Spent like two hours and no key. Wish we could get them some other way like xur.

Nori Chan

I'm still holding out hope for Bungie changing up ToO and removing heavy weapon spawns, disabling supers, getting rid of revives(if you die you should have to wait until the next round to play again) and adding ranked MM. Special weapons and the likes of Thorn would still be a problem, but most of the major issues wille be solved by making the above changes.

Heavy spawns once... and you're lucky to pop super twice in a game if you have max intellect. The game type is fine as it is. Only thing I can complain is to change spawn locations once in a while.

Dunlop

Man farming for keys is possibly the most boring thing ever. Spent like two hours and no key. Wish we could get them some other way like xur.

do they drop in 28 PoE?

I've done it a billion times now, also squat from any Queens bounties

wtb lvl 32 PoE group for my 33 Warlock

Dunlop75 Ps4

Thank you all for your complements! I'm glad I can give back to the awesome Destiny GAF community!

I would also like to thank all of the extremely generous individuals who donated on Twitch. Many of whom are fellow GAF members. It was incredibly kind of them.

I do have one request. To fellow pro-mode PvPers on GAF. I want you to take up the challenge and help the scrubs among us!

I'm going to get some sleep now. Good night everyone =D

Thank you, it was great fun and learned a lot. Get all the rest you need.

I hope someone could help me to get 9-0 I just want to see the lighthouse for myself.

I was expecting Xur to sell at least one key per week, I need one key to start the exotic Bounty.

That's how we went 9-0 (1 loss but boon saved me). You have to be very passive and campy, every team that would slowly try and push us we decimated. However, the über aggressive players were the only type to beat us, because they used shoulder charge Titans with Felwinters lie and would rush us instantly and overwhelm us by seperating us.
Meh thats why I dislike this mode, it's too campy and I am an aggressive player. Plus this mode seems to bring out the worst/ unbalance aspects of destiny.

Man I'm pissed at Bungie, this is expansion was going so well for me and today I found out I didn't my 9 and 0 Osiris emblem because I was full on inventory.

Can't they retroactively give it to the many who are in the same situation? I have the assload of House emblems, and they got sent to my mail why not my Osiris? We still have access to the Tower, they should do a quick hot fix or something. I can't guarantee a 9 and 0 next week, but I did it!

Deku Tree

Thank you all for your complements! I'm glad I can give back to the awesome Destiny GAF community!

I would also like to thank all of the extremely generous individuals who donated on Twitch. Many of whom are fellow GAF members. It was incredibly kind of them.

I do have one request. To fellow pro-mode PvPers on GAF. I want you to take up the challenge and help the scrubs among us!

I'm going to get some sleep now. Good night everyone =D

Thank you Unstable! It was great fun playing with you today. Leaned a lot and got to 9-0.

Wallach

I put my Titan bubble down and got killed by misadventure lmao

That happened to me once. I did it in the air, and when I hit the ground doing the bubble animation I instantly pinballed off the ground so hard my corpse hit the ceiling. I still have no idea what happened.

blackjaw

I don't get it, last week they were like every 8-10 minutes. what happened?

Its ridiculous now, sat for 17 minutes in Ember Caves until one popped then sat about 15 in Citadel. I agree, earlier in the week it was 10 min or less...most times i could bounce between the two and only have to wait 5 min or so.

noomi

As fun and exciting as getting to 9-0 with unstable was today, I don't think I will be actively trying to get there each week or trying with my alts.

I will continue to do the trials each week, for at least the armor piece and if 9-0 happens as a result then awesome, if not... well that's ok too. Not going to lie, I would love to have a solar hand cannon one day, but I'm not going nuts to get that chest each week.

I just wanted to see Mercury once and I did, I can rest easy now.

Mindlog

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=164960484#post164960484
100% mirrors my experience with the Devils. My K/D is already pretty high, but I intend to main sniper rifle even if it kills me early on while I learn to land those headshots.

The only rather large caveat I would note is that they are very rightly confident they will win most 1 vs 1 encounters. I win most 1 v 1, but shy away from them in case the other player is better. I want to win before the encounter even starts. They very much have this skill, but very rarely need to rely on it. Unfortunately, this is the reason why I am always making come from behind wins in Rumble and whatnot. Forcing myself to use precision weapons will hopefully change that. Relying on Final Round is just not going to make me any better. Very happy to have the experience of playing with the Devils under my belt. It will definitely make me a better player.

Also callouts weren't as important with the Devils because they could kill everything anyway, but that level of communication with GAF Trains is paramount. I've done very well with less skilled teammates provided we don't run into an #MLG Steamroller :]

I will also make the effort to never use heavy ammo or supers for quite some time. When you are with a good team it's very rare to use either, Consistently getting the job done without those resources will make you a better player.
I (in my ignorance) will sometimes refer to the High Corner as "A Corner"- it's also sometimes called "C mirror" and "across from C."
I wouldn't necessarily call that ignorance. More just the quirks of playstyle. The most important thing is to standardize that with your team before Round 2. For those without overwhelming 1 v 1 advantage communication is key.

The idea to standardize callouts across all of Crucible GAF needs to happen. I don't often play with the same team twice and every hurdle that can be handled before a match even starts the better.
I don't know how much longer I'm going to try ToO. I need to just put it behind me and understand I won't ever get there.

Sucks since a Raid can be bested over time but ToO seems impossible without proper ranked matchmaking.

Ugh.

My worst fears came true.
If you are very patient the Devils are more than happy to help. Not promising their services or anything like that, but if Nghtly is streaming sit in chat for a while and try to get onboard.
I'm going to try and get to 9-0 on my Titan, but the Devils helped me reel off 5 straight wins on my Hunter without breaking a sweat.

Speaking of; my Hunter is idling in the Lighthouse right now. If anyone wants to try and join (I don't know how it works) feel free.

X-Frame

So Shoulder Charge + Shotguns is a viable strategy in ToO?

blackjaw

So Shoulder Charge + Shotguns is a viable strategy in ToO?

Depends on how confident the other team is and how they play.

If you try that when players are sitting back on the beach sniping you will get picked off rather quick, but if a team is camping on C and you rush the middle you might be able to bum rush in there and get a kill or two before they can react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom