• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRIP

Been dealing with teams who shoot me before they even appear on my screen. And they always have red bars in the middle of the game. Geez ToO brings out the worst.

Yeah, just played a few matches where everyone was in the red and I was getting shotgunned from a mile away or getting killed through walls. It's annoying.

Shito

Alright 32 it is.

Deku I'll run 35 after if you're still game
Thanks guys, nice run, sorry for the stupid deaths, it's 3:30am here, I'm a bit exhausted. ^^
Also yeah, my bubbles were not blinding because I still haven't unlocked the perk yet, only starting this Saint-14 thing because of PoE, otherwise I've always found it too ugly to wear. :)

Readvacancy

Neo Member
I think if complete all the Queen's Bounties for the week you should be awarded one key, that way you know that you can at least run PoE once and get something. The way it is right now is all RNG, so if you don't farm for a key then there is no point in doing PoE, right?

SkylineRKR

GAF, please help me out. I suck at PvP, but would really like to complete the Thorn and Bad Juju bounties that I've had for the past 8 months.

I figure if I can get on a decent team, I might have a shot.

Anyone game for helping out?

Bad Juju has no penalty; just make kills and having Warlocks on the opposing team makes it faster. For Thorn, each kill is worth 2.5 deaths. So even if you are mediocre you will eventually get it. Use void shotty and camp heavy ammo.

I think if complete all the Queen's Bounties for the week you should be awarded one key, that way you know that you can at least run PoE once and get something. The way it is right now is all RNG, so if you don't farm for a key then there is no point in doing PoE, right?

You can still run it for the armor/weapon core and Etheric Light.

Guys you need to get 9 wins and go to mercury, sometimes the chest drops an exotic Unstable. It's the most overpowered thing in the game, you can go 106 - 4 in ToO with it. I think Bungie should nerf it.

Arrrammis

You get the rewards (cores, etheric light) whether you have a key or not for your first run each week, you just need a key to open the big chest for exotic chance/ queens weapons.

Unstable

How do you let people know, just shoot them a message? I got 6 wins to go till the 9th, I wanna wait for you~

The system is a little rough, I'll either call your name out on my Stream, send a party invite, or if you recently posted on GAF I'll quote you asking if you're ready.

Systems a little rough right now but that's generally what I'm doing.

Lnkn52

The system is a little rough, I'll either call your name out on my Stream, send a party invite, or if you recently posted on GAF I'll quote you asking if your ready.

Sent you an email to work out those kinks.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Thanks for the run guys Mic died at the last second.

Anyone for 34 or 35 PoE?

Forrest_Crump

Just wanted to say thanks for that run. With that armor core and a previous weapon core I had, I gambled and got the ugly ass Titan helm. Now I'm 34 with only one E-Light this week! Plus my Titan can go super fast now with that spoiler (or maybe now I can fly)!

Kalamari

That's the plan. I'll keep running down it the best I can. I think I broke into the mid 20s...

Out of 80...

Quoting for visibility.

Great stream today, Unstable. Do you have any tips on how to effectively play a Titan in pvp? I'm always getting murdered and I need to improve my playstyle.

forrest

formerly nacire
Just wanted to say thanks for that run. With that armor core and a previous weapon core I had, I gambled and got the ugly ass Titan helm. Now I'm 34 with only one E-Light this week! Plus my Titan can go super fast now with that spoiler (or maybe now I can fly)!

Nice, I actually got the key I needed for my exotic bounty, it was at the postmaster.

lt519

Skolas is haaaard without 3 gjallahorns damn, we almost had him again, less than 10% and we panicked when the mines started showing up. Seems like there is too much RNG of whether he chases you or not in the beginning, when he gets too close to us it's only bad news.

Unstable

Quoting for visibility.

Great stream today, Unstable. Do you have any tips on how to effectively play a Titan in pvp? I'm always getting murdered and I need to improve my playstyle.

Don't be aggressive (use longer range weapons and no shotguns to force yourself to play at range) and learn how to feather your jump button so you can glide right above your enemies.

noomi

A BIG BIG BIG thank you to unstable for helping myself and others out today with trials today. He was on for over 13 hours helping people.... all day....

Seriously the guy is a fucking machine.... learned so much from him, and I really appreciate him taking the time to help me and others get some wins today :)

The system is a little rough, I'll either call your name out on my Stream, send a party invite, or if you recently posted on GAF I'll quote you asking if you're ready.

Great work today! Very fun to watch. Hope to get on tomorrow's train :p

Skolas is haaaard without 3 gjallahorns damn, we almost had him again, less than 10% and we panicked when the mines started showing up. Seems like there is too much RNG of whether he chases you or not in the beginning, when he gets too close to us it's only bad news.

A mistake people are making is waiting until the servitor is down before firing rockets. You want 1 person (non titan) with a solar shotgun who is going to go up and shotgun the servitor. The other two run to the base of that platform stairs and start shooting gallahorns at the boss, even before the servitor is down and the buff damage is given. The reason is that it starts staggering the boss so he doesn't come as close to the team as he would if you wait a little while before shooting.

It should basically be servitor shotgun guy out in front, titan in second, third guy. While servitor guy is jumping up to shotgun, titan drops a bubble, and 3d guy is gallahorning boss. You now have a rocket pattern of 3d guy, titan, guy on stairs all shooting at slightly different times so the boss doesn't move or teleport much. You especially don't want a 10 second downtime of everyone synth'ing at the same time, instead the bottom two guys are synthing while the stairs guy is still shooting, then stairs guy shoots.

With all 34s and max gallahorns it took us around 30 gallahorn rockets to kill him off, I still had 4 rockets left on my synth and the other guys did too. At 12 seconds left on mine (if its B spot) the guy on stairs moves to it while the other two keeps gallahorning the boss. We also moved up the stairs a bit if the boss ends up closer to us.

Its still a bit RNG and luck dependent, but you can definitely keep the boss away from you the faster you start shooting gallahorns and not sync'ing your firing pattern so that the rockets land in succession, and so that everyone isn't synthing at the same time. but yeah while its doable with two 34s and a 33 or two gallahorns and a hunger, its frustratingly difficult and slightly easier with three 34s and all gallahorns.

Namikaze1

Seriously, thanks a bunch, Unstable. I'm not particularly good at PvP. I have admitted that many times. I'm glad that there are people like you willing to help out those of us like myself who aren't that great in PvP. Hopefully I can play again with you on Monday. Just need to do it on my Hunter.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sony needs to fix the UI. Thing always lags. One thing I have to give MS is that the Xb1 is flawless in how fast and responsive the Xb1 UI is.

Missed a little bit of this thread but would appreciate any help in ToO. I'm in no hurry so any time this week would be cool as I know a lot of people are ahead of me. Let me know where to sign up and I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom