• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

No one for ToO?
I'd join you, but I am just slightly North of very drunk right now.
Don't know how effective I would be.
That's how we went 9-0 (1 loss but boon saved me). You have to be very passive and campy, every team that would slowly try and push us we decimated. However, the über aggressive players were the only type to beat us, because they used shoulder charge Titans with Felwinters lie and would rush us instantly and overwhelm us by seperating us.
Very much depends on the team.
Devils eat campy teams for breakfast. With my 3rd tier (generous) skill level I had to sprint at a camping team in hopes of getting any kill.

lt519

Rain is going to have to head out in a minute, anyone want to help us with Skolas, we would need another Horn, since I don't have one...it kills me to say that

Gordon

So as a conservative titan player who normally resides in a bubble as much as possible during control matches and plays little else in pvp, what should my ToO loadout look like?

Should I be walking in the door with Thorn/Shotgun/Against All Odds like usual or should I be running some sort of striker/sniper combo for better range coverage and grenade abuse?

So as a conservative titan player who normally resides in a bubble as much as possible during control matches and plays little else in pvp, what should my ToO loadout look like?

Should I be walking in the door with Thorn/Shotgun/Against All Odds like usual or should I be running some sort of striker/sniper combo for better range coverage and grenade abuse?

Love your avatar!

lt519

Last plea for some help with Skolas, rain had to go...

edit: Nice work rain, unfortunately me not having a gjallahorn makes the encounter that much harder. I feel like we would of had it if we didn't have to wait 10 mintues every round..

noomi

Ok I think it's time for bed, I've spent so much time on destiny this week I've basically exhausted myself.

Tomorrow is looking like bounties, crucible practice and PoE 34/3

ethomaz

Banned
My 9-0 team played aggressive.

It is easy and better... when I play with passive and campy guys I couldn't win a lot in a row... aggressive means you will get a kill even if the buddy dies because the enemy team won't have time to recover..

So just make sure every member in your team can win a one to one battle and play aggressive.

PS. 3 average guys in PVP can easy get 9-0 wins playing like a team and not solo.

Gordon

Love your avatar!
I always wanted MIDA to be full auto, and this is the next best thing/possibly better? Especially with outlaw. Just awesome for chewing through crowds of thralls.

I have a One/One Synesthete I have been considering rolling for full auto as well, but it's sitting with hidden hand
? the one that give it crazy autoaim
and luck in the chamber, with that perk that reduces your clipsize and maxes out your reload speed. I'm torn about that one. Levelling it to try it at this point.

Edit: Has anybody else noticed the full auto RoF (at least on the Deadshot Luna) is really inconsistent? Might just be a 360 thing
*hangs head in shame*
but I've definitely noticed RoF slowdown during high-framerate events and stuff like that. And it seems slower in pvp.

lt519

The way we're approaching the encounter is worse than the early days of HM Crota.

Either there's a better strategy or Bumgie did a lousy job of design. Waiting for synth is the antithesis of fun.

It does remind me of HM Crota where the first night everyone was trying to do a two sword kill to avoid the ogres and that was just causing more people to fail since it was all or nothing. Then doing heavy ammo tricks and waiting for bubble to charge. Then we all learned how to do it a better way.

I'm just not seeing it yet. The solar burn and captains with shotguns and vandals with tracking bullets make surviving in the middle near impossible. Add the death counter and mines on top of that...I'm really not seeing it and haven't seen a youtube video of it yet, so I'm just calling bad design. Other than that level 35 PoE has been a blast up to Skolas but its unfortunate i'll have played for 3-4 hours with no reward.

Last call for one more at Skolas if a kind soul wants to try and help..

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I fucking hate the Skolas encounter. It's either a 5 minute or 2 hour ordeal...

You have to kill the servitor asap. That gives you time to set up and wait for him to get near and then each of you firing each other's rockets one after another because a hit staggers him. Rinse and repeat and when mines come, have one person go to A. The last two people just continue on Skolas till he's dead.

border

I also was surprised at just how hard the Skolas cheese actually is. I've had 2 groups break up just trying to attempt it.

I think it helps if you can chuck a grenade at him as you come out the door......then have someone shoot or otherwise engage him about halfway to the corner of the map while the other two people run to the corner (1 killing Servitor, 1 setting up a bubble and beginning the rocket barrage).

We made a mistake in staking out that corner so hard......both groups would basically just stand their ground as Skolas approached, hoping they'd burn him down before he killed everyone. You have to be willing to get Weapons of Light one last time, give up the bubble, and run away to find cover. If it hadn't been 3 in the morning, I probably would have had the bright idea to have 1 Titan save his bubble so we could regroup after being flushed out of the corner.

You have to kill the servitor asap. That gives you time to set up and wait for him to get near and then each of you firing each other's rockets one after another because a hit staggers him. Rinse and repeat and when mines come, have one person go to A. The last two people just continue on Skolas till he's dead.

Yeah the kill we got tonight, I killed the servitor immediately and he was still at his starting zone.

Also-
https://youtu.be/VRecPRQhk2U?t=35m

Fuck these people. Fuckers.
You can also hear me get my 3rd gjallahorn at 38:25

I'll be happy when I play this one with you for the first time. You always make it look easy.

The way we're approaching the encounter is worse than the early days of HM Crota.

Either there's a better strategy or Bumgie did a lousy job of design. Waiting for synth is the antithesis of fun.

Frankly I have not played it nor any desires, but if its similar to the other "boss "rounds, then I will pass. Dont feel like dealing with bullet sponges with constant adds and being force underlevel. Seems like its a hide and waiting game from what people have mention.

lt519

I guess we're giving up, that is a massively disappointing end to PoE for me. That was such a fun arena until the Skolas fight. I hope somebody finds a better way to do this than an all out Gjallahorn attack.

I also was surprised at just how hard the Skolas cheese actually is. I've had 2 groups break up just trying to attempt it.

I think it helps if you can chuck a grenade at him as you come out the door......then have someone shoot or otherwise engage him about halfway to the corner of the map while the other two people run to the corner (1 killing Servitor, 1 setting up a bubble and beginning the rocket barrage).

We made a mistake in staking out that corner so hard......both groups would basically just stand their ground as Skolas approached, hoping they'd burn him down before he killed everyone. You have to be willing to get Weapons of Light one last time, give up the bubble, and run away to find cover. If it hadn't been 3 in the morning, I probably would have had the bright idea to have 1 Titan save his bubble so we could regroup after being flushed out of the corner.

Been told weapons of light does virtually nothing for heavy weapons.

I'm really torn on HoW

I feel they made progression too easy. New weapons and armour so far are underwhelming.

Ascending old and better gear is more appealing.

34 on all 3 already.

ToO has a lot of great stuff but is unattainable for the average PvP player.

Ugh.

None of this will entertain me more than a month let alone until Comet.

border

Frankly I have not played it nor any desires, but if its similar to the other "boss "rounds, then I will pass. Dont feel like dealing with bullet sponges with constant adds and being force underlevel. Seems like its a hide and waiting game from what people have mention.

It sounds like it might be fun without the Solar Burn. I like the idea of passing around the debuff, defusing the mines, taking potshots at the boss.

The only reason it's a hide-and-seek waiting game is because with Solar Burn Skolas can one-shot you, and direct hits from a captain's gun will very nearly kill you.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does anybody have a site to see all the Osiris gear and or all HOW gear in general? I want to decide which ones to get, etc.

Deku Tree

This is not the intended strategy and I fully expect Bungie to do something to nerf this strat. They should just change the burn.

Your are supposed to be running around and popping shots at Skolas and clearing the adds and passing around the debuff and standing on the mines to diffuse them while making yourself a target and all the adds and Skolas shoot at you.

But with Solar burn and being underleveled that is insanely tough because a lot of enemies in the room can one shot you. So essentially it looks like everyone is doing the boring wait around for synth cooldown ghorn strat.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Im up for nightfall, osiris or PoE lv 32...add or invite me
PSN : Godless_Pagan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom