• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system is a little rough, I'll either call your name out on my Stream, send a party invite, or if you recently posted on GAF I'll quote you asking if you're ready.

Systems a little rough right now but that's generally what I'm doing.

Awesome stream today. Had it on all day and popped in and out of it. I'm 46 on the list I think so I'm hoping to get a shot tomorrow. Saw so many impressive kills.

A BIG BIG BIG thank you to unstable for helping myself and others out today with trials today. He was on for over 13 hours helping people.... all day....

Seriously the guy is a fucking machine.... learned so much from him, and I really appreciate him taking the time to help me and others get some wins today :)

Unstable is the man. Your generosity of spirit and mad skills amaze. Hope to get to play with you tomorrow or whenever the train is running again.

Unstable

Thank you all for your complements! I'm glad I can give back to the awesome Destiny GAF community!

I would also like to thank all of the extremely generous individuals who donated on Twitch. Many of whom are fellow GAF members. It was incredibly kind of them.

I do have one request. To fellow pro-mode PvPers on GAF. I want you to take up the challenge and help the scrubs among us!

I'm going to get some sleep now. Good night everyone =D

SnakeEyes

Banned
Thank you all for your complements! I'm glad I can give back to the awesome Destiny GAF community!

I would also like to thank all of the extremely generous individuals who donated on Twitch. Many of whom are fellow GAF members. It was incredibly kind of them.

I do have one request. To fellow pro-mode PvPers on GAF. I want you to take up the challenge and help the scrubs among us!

I'm going to get some sleep now. Good night everyone =D
You going to be running groups though again later? Because I'd be keen as hell to get in on that ToO action.

Sane_Man

Took down Skolas on PoE for the first time. Man that was exhilarating! Way more fun than Crota's End. I never expected that when this mode was first revealed.

lt519

A mistake people are making is waiting until the servitor is down before firing rockets. You want 1 person (non titan) with a solar shotgun who is going to go up and shotgun the servitor. The other two run to the base of that platform stairs and start shooting gallahorns at the boss, even before the servitor is down and the buff damage is given. The reason is that it starts staggering the boss so he doesn't come as close to the team as he would if you wait a little while before shooting.

It should basically be servitor shotgun guy out in front, titan in second, third guy. While servitor guy is jumping up to shotgun, titan drops a bubble, and 3d guy is gallahorning boss. You now have a rocket pattern of 3d guy, titan, guy on stairs all shooting at slightly different times so the boss doesn't move or teleport much. You especially don't want a 10 second downtime of everyone synth'ing at the same time, instead the bottom two guys are synthing while the stairs guy is still shooting, then stairs guy shoots.

With all 34s and max gallahorns it took us around 30 gallahorn rockets to kill him off, I still had 4 rockets left on my synth and the other guys did too. At 12 seconds left on mine (if its B spot) the guy on stairs moves to it while the other two keeps gallahorning the boss. We also moved up the stairs a bit if the boss ends up closer to us.

Its still a bit RNG and luck dependent, but you can definitely keep the boss away from you the faster you start shooting gallahorns and not sync'ing your firing pattern so that the rockets land in succession, and so that everyone isn't synthing at the same time. but yeah while its doable with two 34s and a 33 or two gallahorns and a hunger, its frustratingly difficult and slightly easier with three 34s and all gallahorns.

Interesting tips we'll have to try that out, we've come soo soo close a couple times I think we just have to keep at it. But the best we've done is when we've staggered him about halfway towards us. The biggest pain is waiting for synth recharge time after a failed round, it's making this much much longer. I don't have a gjallahorn but my 4 golden guns, hunger of crota, and black hammer do enough damage.

edit: we did just that I went out first and we were able to lock him earlier, he still ended up near us in the end, the timing is really hard to get but that is a better strategy. We were having our titan out first to drop a weapons of light to run through before the servitor.

Daemul

I'm still holding out hope for Bungie changing up ToO and removing heavy weapon spawns, disabling supers, getting rid of revives(if you die you should have to wait until the next round to play again) and adding ranked MM. Special weapons and the likes of Thorn would still be a problem, but most of the major issues wille be solved by making the above changes.

BondFancy

I'm still holding out for Bungie changing up ToO and removing heavy weapon spawns, disabling supers and getting rid of revives(if you die you should have to wait until the next round to play again). Special weapons and the likes of Thorn would still be a problem, but most of the major issues will be solved by making the above changes.
Agree with everything except getting rid of revives, I think it makes the games frantic and gives teams the ability to change the tide of battle very quickly.

I'm still holding out hope for Bungie changing up ToO and removing heavy weapon spawns, disabling supers, getting rid of revives(if you die you should have to wait until the next round to play again) and adding ranked MM. Special weapons and the likes of Thorn would still be a problem, but most of the major issues wille be solved by making the above changes.

This is what I thought it was going to be. :(

Can't fix what's broken..

Ramirez

Ummm, no thanks.

Take everything out that makes it Destiny basically, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom