• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

If you don't mind a 33, I'm down. PSN Tohoya

still wanna play?

Sure. But its give and take.

First of all, Bungie did themselves no favours with that random DoT. The strategy of players spreading out to defeat mines and take multiple attack angled on the boss is negated by the need to huddle up to pass that DoT around. They're practically demanding we stick together as a group which is suicide if that same group wanders out into the arena together. One scorch cannon and everyone dies.

A good boss fight should not involve minions that one shot you. That forces you to sit under cover at all times and wait for the minions to come to you as you take shots at the boss. And they spawn endlessly.

So poorly designed (;

Yeah let's see if they change the modifier. I felt like it would of been a very fun level 34 encounter that could still be challenging without the artificial difficulty of the adds running around.

border

I beat Skolas once to get the shader, ship and enbelm and I have no intention of ever doing it again, it takes way too long and the rewards for suffering through it are garbage, unless you're lucky enough to get the elemental primaries to drop for you.

At this point, I'm not sure why any longtime player would even be that interested in elemental primaries. You probably already have a primary for every possible elemental type. I already have a Vision of Confluence, Vex Mythoclast, and an Abyss Defiant -- what exactly would be exciting about a Solar Pulse Rifle? I have Fatebringer and Fang of Ir Yut -- why should I go nuts wanting an Arc Auto Rifle?

First of all, Bungie did themselves no favours with that random DoT. The strategy of players spreading out to defeat mines and take multiple attack angled on the boss is negated by the need to huddle up to pass that DoT around. They're practically demanding we stick together as a group which is suicide if that same group wanders out into the arena together. One scorch cannon and everyone dies.

A good boss fight should not involve minions that one shot you. That forces you to sit under cover at all times and wait for the minions to come to you as you take shots at the boss. And they spawn endlessly.

Yeah. If they reduced the number adds by a significant portion, increased the number of mines that spawn, then actual strategy takes place, travelling as a pack attacking Skolas when you get a chance, basically hide and seek. Maybe have a few adds spawn but not 30 of them. Right now it's pretty much either kill him straight, have 1-2 titans and chain bubbles, or randomly die while moving from place to place because of a hundred adds shooting at you with deadly accuracy.

Atheon is right now, the best developed fight. It doesn't rely on throwing endless adds on you, requires coordination for securing the relic/killing oracles, and for grouping up. Imagine if during the Atheon fight, you had about 5 hobgoblins spawn, and keep spawning at all points during the fight, with 10 goblins coming out as well as the suicide harpies. All the while you have to juggle this disease that will kill you if you don't stop it, and with Atheon shooting at you while half your group is getting a relic.

That's how Skolas feels.

Anyone doing the nightfall? 33 Titan, PSN: SoullessSHOES

I don't have an arc damage primary, and I also don't know any tricks to the new strike, so I'm hoping to find an easy-going group :p

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Im up for nightfall, osiris or PoE lv 32...add or invite me
PSN : Godless_Pagan

GhaleonEB

You know those scenes in movies near the climax, where our hero gears up for the final battle, grabbing guns, armor, etc, and walking out a heavily armed badass?

CFvgTrJUUAEV9wr.jpg

|
|
|
v

CFvkEk0UgAAs_Pn.jpg

She just came out of her dressing room.

Thunderlord and Faterbringer have never been used. Time to break them in.

Ken

At this point, I'm not sure why any longtime player would even be that interested in elemental primaries. You probably already have a primary for every possible elemental type. I already have a Vision of Confluence, Vex Mythoclast, and an Abyss Defiant -- what exactly would be exciting about a Solar Pulse Rifle? I have Fatebringer and Fang of Ir Yut -- why should I go nuts wanting an Arc Auto Rifle?

I'm still looking for an elemental primary. :(

The hot potato mechanic is ok. I assume it's a pretty common MMO mechanic maybe cause there's a raid fight in ffxiv that has the same mechanic (and incidentally also has a cheese burn strat).

The worst is most definitely the one shots from solar burn + being a level under the mobs. And also the density of adds.

border

I'm still looking for an elemental primary. :(

Go run Crota Hard Mode -- at this point it's basically just Crota Normal Mode with revives disabled. You don't even have to kill the final boss to get elemental primaries. A well-equipped Hunter can even solo the first part of it (and get an Arc Pulse rifle as a reward).

Ken

Go run Crota Hard Mode -- at this point it's basically just Crota Normal Mode with revives disabled. You don't even have to kill the final boss to get elemental primaries. A well-equipped Hunter can even solo the first part of it (and get an Arc Pulse rifle as a reward).

I actually learned and ran my first Crota NM today (thanks deaf!) so maybe I can get in HM runs in the near future!

Huh that's tempting. Would have to delete my second Titan for a hunter though.

border

Why does bungie keep doing that to me? #foreverhornless

You can beat Skolas with two 365-Gjallarhorns and a Hunger of Crota at 331 . All you need is two friends that have Gjallarhorn.

I suspect that any 331 Solar Rocket launcher can probably be used, but I haven't seen the proof yet.

border

Huh that's tempting. Would have to delete my second Titan for a hunter though.

Solo'ing the Hard Abyss with a Hunter doesn't require the Don't Touch Me gauntlets, but it will be a major test of your stealth skills if you don't have them. Once you have Don't Touch Me though, it's almost trivial so long as you utilize everything from your bag of tricks.

I don't think it's worth deleting a character just to get an Arc Pulse rifle, but if you've always wanted a Hunter then go for it.

border

You don't need.

But it is the easy mode... you can kill him in less than one minute lol

Everytime someone says this I think it's important to emphasize that while you can kill Skolas in under a minute, there's a high likelihood that you will fail. And the penalty for failure is a 5-10 minute wait between boss attempts. Killing him can still take potentially hours.

Bungie really ought to reset the cooldown on your Heavy Ammo Synthesis if your group wipes, but the Skolas cheese makes it even more likely that they will not change the way cooldowns work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom