• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siaynoqq

I'm really having a lot of trouble with my Titan in ToO. Trying to get that final chest piece. If anyone would be willing to help, I would really appreciate it!

nOoblet16

Anyone see a ToO shader drop?

I have it
I'm so bummed I didn't get my emblem for getting to the Lighthouse cause my inventory was full.

You don't get it everytime, I only got it once out of three.

Everybody is riding GAF trains while I've resorted to destinylfg for teammates. Le sigh. All I need is two good people. Just two. I don't need an unstable. I'm not asking for a zoba or a fig. Not even a nami. I just need two regular good people.

I'm going to bed. Fuck off Osiris.

but nami's a scrub :/

I've hit the all 34 club. Gear is a hodge podge of different sets, but whatever, that's what next week is for. ToO chest pieces are pretty fantastic all around. I can't decide if it is a good thing or not that Bungie made it possible to so easily hit max level the first week it comes out. Regardless, it has been fun and I have probably put in 20+ hours this week.

gGGGkNl.jpg

YdQAjhU.jpg

zUor1nh.jpg

Ikkarus

Sorry this has probably been asked before but can you go to the Lighthouse with all 3 of your characters? Or is it one per account per reset?

I'm hoping to try and get my Warlock through it later tonight.

9-0 achieved on my Hunter. Got the Emblem to make up for my lost Titan one from a full inventory. Recieved a second Dragon's Breath of the week lmao and the Scholar, but it's solar..whyyyyy.

Unlike the masses of people trying to get on the Unstable and Zoba trains, I've been blessed at not being sucky at PVP but being forced to use trash ass Oversoul Edict and Atheons Epilogue cuz of shit like Fatebringer, Word of Crota, and Fang of Ir Yut eluding me because of RNG and never finishing HM Crota because of the early days of glitches. What I get I guess lol, might try for the latter two again this week tho.

Just wish there was a moratorium on Solar primaries. There's already too many good ones.

Oh well, just need my Warlock now which is sitting at 5-0 so far.

Sorry this has probably been asked before but can you go to the Lighthouse with all 3 of your characters? Or is it one per account per reset?

I'm hoping to try and get my Warlock through it later tonight.
All 3 can go.

raindoc

Three of us went into the 35 PoE encounter completely blind. It was awesome, I loved every minute of it. Best part was IMHO was the Servitor-Boss. Two Titans kept the bubble train rolling as we shotgunned blinded Captains and punched them in the face.

I don't remember when we reached Skolas, but I quit after several hours at around 5 am. Like I said, we went in blind and first tried the same strat that worked (and was a lot of fun) for the Servitor. Bubble shields near the entrance, fists and shotguns for the small ones, Gjallarhorn and Black Hammer for the Big one.
When we got one-shotted by Captains with solar shotguns inside our shields we tried to switch spots, become mobile. Kept getting one-shotted by Skolas and his goons.
So finally we looked up the "cheese", rushing him at the far left of the map.

Got him almost down a couple of times, but just never could get enough damage done to kill him and the timer on the mine(s) got really low each time we almost did it - so low I'm not sure we would've made it, even with Skolas down.

Only two of us had G'horns and from what we could gather from reddit, gaf & youtube, that seems to have been the problem. We looked hard, but couldn't find any video or written account of someone doing it without G'horns.

I'm disappointed as fuck. What a gruesome end to an otherwise fun encounter. Nothing inside the 35 arena prepared us for Skolas and his goons. It was a tough, but fair fight up until we faced him, then the unfairness of the level disadvantage just exploded in our faces.

3 Gjallarhorns: First try.

Good job Bungie.

Raybunny

Nice run Raindoc and Jinjo.
Second PoE 35 done and no shader nor ship nor emblem. Is it only once per account per week?

20150524113352.jpg

Anyone want orbs?

SgtCobra

Unlike the masses of people trying to get on the Unstable and Zoba trains, I've been blessed at not being sucky at PVP
You don't have to be necessarily sucky at PvP to have some bad luck in the Trials. I for example consider myself to be a pretty good PvP player with mostly ending at the top spot after each game (of course this is after the rocky beginning I had at first back in september-november because I was new to the game and all) but I have yet to reach the lighthouse with any of my characters, most of the teams I played with had no idea what they were doing. I'm not in a rush though as the Trials armor doesn't interest me but when people get the chance at getting that The Fate of All Fools bounty then it will become a necessity for me to do the Trials again because that weapon is great.

I'd love to get to the lighthouse one day though T_T

Long time player here, but tonight I ran a weekly for the first time in months. I've noticed it's been set to level 32 (i think it was 30 before).

I havent bought the expansion, and honestly I don't plan to. However, is it possible to hit level 34 without it? Where do those materials I need drop if I dont plan on playing the HoW at all?

Ken

Long time player here, but tonight I ran a weekly for the first time in months. I've noticed it's been set to level 32 (i think it was 30 before).

I havent bought the expansion, and honestly I don't plan to. However, is it possible to hit level 34 without it? Where do those materials I need drop if I dont plan on playing the HoW at all?

Maybe? You'll need 4x 42 light pieces, so 3 etheric lights plus 1 exotic. Since you can get etheric lights from nightfalls maybe you can win some there? However the etheric light item itself has the II designation on it so there's a chance the game might not have you eligible to win them?

nOoblet16

9-0 achieved on my Hunter. Got the Emblem to make up for my lost Titan one from a full inventory. Recieved a second Dragon's Breath of the week lmao and the Scholar, but it's solar..whyyyyy.

Unlike the masses of people trying to get on the Unstable and Zoba trains, I've been blessed at not being sucky at PVP but being forced to use trash ass Oversoul Edict and Atheons Epilogue cuz of shit like Fatebringer, Word of Crota, and Fang of Ir Yut eluding me because of RNG and never finishing HM Crota because of the early days of glitches. What I get I guess lol, might try for the latter two again this week tho.

Just wish there was a moratorium on Solar primaries. There's already too many good ones.

Oh well, just need my Warlock now which is sitting at 5-0 so far.

All 3 can go.

But all those weapons are more or less trash for PvP.

Dude I have very similar feelings. Today I went in blind with some clan mates of mine and we were having a real good time pretty much until Skolas. Coming away from the 3 hour attempt we had without a kill made me real salty that I haven't gotten a G'horn after all this time playing. Was using Hunger of Crota but it just wasn't enough to burn him down, and getting one shot by captains and Skolas really grinded me down on the whole experience.

I don't think I'm going to try it again until I can get a 365 Hunger or until I get G'horn. I'm sure it can be done without it, but with the level disadvantage and the one-shotting, it just doesn't seem worth my time. Time would probably be better spent trying to get better at the game and gear out other characters with content I can do.

Today was basically killing my HoW hype, first going 8-0 in Trials only for my fireteam to be disconnected from a match entirely and getting a loss, even though I had a boon up. Then I go try Skolas and basically get told either get way better at the game or get lucky enough to get a G'horn. Rough.

I feel your pain, man. It took us nearly three hours to beat Skolas, even though one guy had done it over ten times already and just couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong. The randomness of that particular encounter is worse than even HM Crota, imo. Definitely only trying that once, or they need to up the incentives to do it, because what I ultimately got for the run was a joke compared to the effort it took.

And yes, ToO punishing disconnects as losses is grade-A bullshit. I lost out on a trip to Mercury because of that, as well. It's stupid, it's lazy and it's unfair.

But that's Destiny for you.

HigXx

Etheric Light will drop from Nightfall and Iron Banner so its possible to ascend to 34

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Is the etheric light the only way to get armor thats not exotic to light level 46 even with the Expansion HoW? Or are there armors you can purchase that are naturally light level 46? Assuming most of the Nightfalls will take place in HoW stages (much like how the last expansion focused on its story missions) playing PvP over and over could take me eternity. I'd have to get lucky enough to have those etheric lights drop. Guess we'll see if enough of my friends come back to play this one.

HigXx

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Is the etheric light the only way to get armor thats not exotic to light level 46 even with the Expansion HoW? Or are there armors you can purchase that are naturally light level 46? Assuming most of the Nightfalls will take place in HoW stages much like the last expansion focused on its story missions, playing PvP over and over could take eternity to get lucky enough to drop those etheric lights. Guess we'll see if enough of my friends come back to play this one.

Etheric Light is the only way to upgrade from Light 36 to Light 42. Cant be bought unless you have How. Theres only 1 HoW strike so you can probably run most Nightfalls

You don't have to be necessarily sucky at PvP to have some bad luck in the Trials. I for example consider myself to be a pretty good PvP player with mostly ending at the top spot after each game (of course this is after the rocky beginning I had at first back in september-november because I was new to the game and all) but I have yet to reach the lighthouse with any of my characters, most of the teams I played with had no idea what they were doing. I'm not in a rush though as the Trials armor doesn't interest me but when people get the chance at getting that The Fate of All Fools bounty then it will become a necessity for me to do the Trials again because that weapon is great.

I'd love to get to the lighthouse one day though T_T

Yeah, I'm not really a big fan of the armor (Titan). I just wanted a piece, so that way I could get to 34. I mainly pvp, but I haven't really been playing ToO that much. In my opinion, elimination isn't a good game mode for Destiny, there's too much bullshit in pvp for elimination. I enjoy Destiny's pvp, but I don't feel this is the best mode for it. So most of my time is spent in other playlists.

Ken

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Is the etheric light the only way to get armor thats not exotic to light level 46 even with the Expansion HoW? Or are there armors you can purchase that are naturally light level 46? Assuming most of the Nightfalls will take place in HoW stages (much like how the last expansion focused on its story missions) playing PvP over and over could take me eternity. I'd have to get lucky enough to have those etheric lights drop. Guess we'll see if enough of my friends come back to play this one.

Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris both have gear that comes with 42 light but both are HoW things.

God, Trials of Osiris is the most frustrating thing ever if you don't have good enough teammates. Every single match I've played I've had the highest K/D on my team and yet right now I'm sitting at 4 - 2 which is my best scorecard yet.

Dude on LFG posted that he wanted only experienced crucible players. Then we start playing and I tell him the other team is trying to flank him from C spawn and he says, "What's C?"

*rips hair out*

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Two 9-0s. I think I'm done with ToO this week. Kinda getting my old PvP form back but still very rusty since I haven't done much PvP for 3 months.

I got the Jewel of Osiris arc and Khepri's Sting from my last run.

God, Trials of Osiris is the most frustrating thing ever if you don't have good enough teammates. Every single match I've played I've had the highest K/D on my team and yet right now I'm sitting at 4 - 2 which is my best scorecard yet.

Dude on LFG posted that he wanted only experienced crucible players. Then we start playing and I tell him the other team is trying to flank him from C spawn and he says, "What's C?"

*rips hair out*

Only play with GAF, dude. There is no other way.

I have been wasting a lot of stuff today: had only 9 passage coins left so bought the buffs. We went 9-0 without any loses (no complaints there). Wasted some of my supers. Opened the chest in the Lighthouse and got The Glasshouse, the same arc hand cannon that I already have. At least I got my 9 passage coins back, so I can bring my 3rd character to the Lighthouse :)

So I played this a little when I first got my PS4 and stopped once my friends helped me get to level 20 and I got busy with school. Now that school is out and the patch came out, I got back in to it a bit this week. Once again had some help and during a level 28 of I think the Trial of Osiris, I got my first exotic.
sosgozv.png

I heard you can only keep one exotic weapon at a time. I hope it's good enough to have around.

raindoc

Got 9-0 again on Warlock. Thanks Kartik and Phaethon.

Two 9-0s. I think I'm done with ToO this week. Kinda getting my old PvP form back but still very rusty since I haven't done much PvP for 3 months.

I got the Jewel of Osiris arc and Khepri's Sting from my last run.

Only tried it once, went 9:1.
I pretty much got all I wanted, but if there's a chance to board one of the GAF assassinations squads I'd gladly try reaching Mercury again

So I played this a little when I first got my PS4 and stopped once my friends helped me get to level 20 and I got busy with school. Now that school is out and the patch came out, I got back in to it a bit this week. Once again had some help and during a level 28 of I think the Trial of Osiris, I got my first exotic.
sosgozv.png

I heard you can only keep one exotic weapon at a time. I hope it's good enough to have around.

Gjallarhorn as your first exotic? Go buy a lottery ticket RIGHT NOW XD

Unstable

sosgozv.png

You'll never fully understand how lucky you are.

nOoblet16

sosgozv.png

You have no idea !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom