• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navid

Anyone here looking to do one or more lvl 34 (or 35) Prison of Elders run?

I only really had the time to play Friday/Saturday, so will be my first time on either of those difficulties.

Deku Tree

Three of us went into the 35 PoE encounter completely blind. It was awesome, I loved every minute of it. Best part was IMHO was the Servitor-Boss. Two Titans kept the bubble train rolling as we shotgunned blinded Captains and punched them in the face.

I don't remember when we reached Skolas, but I quit after several hours at around 5 am. Like I said, we went in blind and first tried the same strat that worked (and was a lot of fun) for the Servitor. Bubble shields near the entrance, fists and shotguns for the small ones, Gjallarhorn and Black Hammer for the Big one.
When we got one-shotted by Captains with solar shotguns inside our shields we tried to switch spots, become mobile. Kept getting one-shotted by Skolas and his goons.
So finally we looked up the "cheese", rushing him at the far left of the map.

Got him almost down a couple of times, but just never could get enough damage done to kill him and the timer on the mine(s) got really low each time we almost did it - so low I'm not sure we would've made it, even with Skolas down.

Only two of us had G'horns and from what we could gather from reddit, gaf & youtube, that seems to have been the problem. We looked hard, but couldn't find any video or written account of someone doing it without G'horns.

I'm disappointed as fuck. What a gruesome end to an otherwise fun encounter. Nothing inside the 35 arena prepared us for Skolas and his goons. It was a tough, but fair fight up until we faced him, then the unfairness of the level disadvantage just exploded in our faces.

Yeah the fight is ridiculously hard and cheap doing it without GHorn. Being one shot inside bubble just proves it. If they simply take away the burn then Skolas will be 10x worse bullet sponge than Valus T ever was....

...BTW the strat works fine with two GHorn and one 331 HoC.

Jinjo

So I played this a little when I first got my PS4 and stopped once my friends helped me get to level 20 and I got busy with school. Now that school is out and the patch came out, I got back in to it a bit this week. Once again had some help and during a level 28 of I think the Trial of Osiris, I got my first exotic.
sosgozv.png

I heard you can only keep one exotic weapon at a time. I hope it's good enough to have around.

The chase for this exotic is what kept people playing for months when content was dry lol.

You can only equip one exotic armor/weapon at a time, but you can always switch which exotic that is.

Ken

So I played this a little when I first got my PS4 and stopped once my friends helped me get to level 20 and I got busy with school. Now that school is out and the patch came out, I got back in to it a bit this week. Once again had some help and during a level 28 of I think the Trial of Osiris, I got my first exotic.
sosgozv.png

I heard you can only keep one exotic weapon at a time. I hope it's good enough to have around.

You can equip one exotic weapon at a time but you can hold on to multiple.

Anyone up for some ToO while most of the core players are asleep?

PSN: positivevibr8ion

I'll go if you can find a third. Kind of curious about what it's like at this hour as well.

SgtCobra

Anyone know what's the best vendor PvP sniper rifle right now? Which perks should go with it?

I knew I should've bought that LDR when it was on sale...

sosgozv.png

That pure, untapped innocence, so good.

You'll never fully understand how lucky you are.

You have no idea !!

The chase for this exotic is what kept people playing for months when content was dry lol.

You can only equip one exotic armor/weapon at a time, but you can always switch which exotic that is.

Anyone know what's the best vendor PvP sniper rifle right now? Which perks should go with it?

I knew I should've bought that LDR when it was in sale...

That pure, untapped innocence, so good.
Oh man, guess I hit the jackpot.
You can equip one exotic weapon at a time but you can hold on to multiple.

I'll go if you can find a third. Kind of curious about what it's like at this hour as well.
Oh okay, thanks for the heads up.

I think the new Exotic helmets are bugged somewhat. Both the Ram and Celestial Nighthawk have given me 'upgrade unlocked' alerts when I'm only a third down the first bubble.

Jinjo

I think the new Exotic helmets are bugged somewhat. Both the Ram and Celestial Nighthawk have given me 'upgrade unlocked' alerts when I'm only a third down the first bubble.

Happens with the regular legendary gear too. Gives me upgrade unlocked while it's only halfway down an upgrade bubble. Guess the upgrade unlocked message is tied to how many xp an item has gotten, not whether it actually filled an entire bubble. And since the new items take the same amount of xp, but just have less bubbles it glitches out.

Deku Tree

Really nice that you can wear the armor now at max light without unlocking the perks.

Totally horrible now that the drop rates for Skolas are like probably under 5% chance that he drops anything. Then it could be a ship. Low chance of primary with element or exotic bounty. Makes one want to skip the encounter entirely.

Bungie should also take the non-elemental primaries out of the judgements chance. I have no interest in those anyway... I feel like I get nothing when I get one of those...

...maybe I'll just play more PvP and ToO and abandon most of the PvE grinding.

Skolas fight is opposite of-fun shit and it makes HM Crota as a level 32 seem like the most fun encounter ever.

Seriously I think it can be on farm once everyone knows where to stand etc and there won't be as many wipes as long as Bungie doesn't patch Skolas but Atheon (when no bugs) still stands alone as the main good hard but fun and fair PvE end game boss encounter...

Yeah, looks like it does affect all the new stuff, thanks guys. Odd though.

Really nice that you can wear the armor now at max light without unlocking the perks.

Totally horrible now that the drop rates for Skolas are like probably under 5% chance that he drops anything. Then it could be a ship. Low chance of primary with element or exotic bounty. Makes one want to skip the encounter entirely.

Bungie should also take the non-elemental primaries out of the judgements chance. I have no interest in those anyway... I feel like I get nothing when I get one of those...

Skolas fight is opposite of-fun shit and it makes HM Crota as a level 32 seem like the most fun encounter ever.

Seriously I think it can be on farm once everyone knows where to stand etc and there won't be as many wipes as long as Bungie doesn't patch Skolas but Atheon still stands alone as the main good hard but fun and fair PvE end game boss encounter...

Honestly, PoE is fun, but I'm pretty confident that once I've gotten my characters to 34 I just won't bother playing anymore.

On an unrelated note, Petra didn't even offer my Hunter a package after completing all six bounties. Bungle plz.

So are the PoE going to have any lasting appeal like a raid?I find it pretty limited although i only played in twice, maybe it will grow on me.

whats your take on it?

noomi

So are the PoE going to have any lasting appeal like a raid?I find it pretty limited although i only played in twice, maybe it will grow on me.

whats your take on it?

I like it... for now, but I can definitely see how it can get tiring for some.

The nice thing is that at least there are rotating modifiers each week :)

Shito

Seriously I think it can be on farm once everyone knows where to stand etc and there won't be as many wipes as long as Bungie doesn't patch Skolas but Atheon (when no bugs) still stands alone as the main good hard but fun and fair PvE end game boss encounter...
Remember that all of the PoE stages will change next week, so maybe one of those bosses in their 35 variation will be more fun and less of a chore?
... Yeah, no, I don't even believe it either. ^^

I feel like they are so close of getting something really good, if only they could get rid of this stupid decision of making the hardest PVE content one level above the cap, and if they could balance etheric light drops in ToO, they would have something a bit more fair and fun I think.

Yeah, looks like it does affect all the new stuff, thanks guys. Odd though.

Honestly, PoE is fun, but I'm pretty confident that once I've gotten my characters to 34 I just won't bother playing anymore.

On an unrelated note, Petra didn't even offer my Hunter a package after completing all six bounties. Bungle plz.
Only got one on my first character, the two other ones got nothing.
This kind of RNG reward is NOT FUN nor enticing, Bungie!

Deku Tree

So Bungie hasn't shown Fate of All Fools in any HoW promotional material right?

So far no one has seen it right?

Possible that it is not accessible in the game?

nOoblet16

Feel like ToO should alternate with IB every two weeks instead of running every week. That way you have a PvP special every two weeks and each events themselves have a gap of 4 weeks until they get repeated.

Shito

Feel like ToO should alternate with IB every two weeks instead of running every week. That way you have a PvP special every two weeks and each events themselves have a gap of 4 weeks until they get repeated.
Yeah, I think after this one Bungie will either tweak the rewards, or make it appear less often.
They probably didn't think that many people would get to see Mercury, I mean look at all the people nearly casually "grinding" it on all three of their characters...

I was level 31 and ascended 1 exotic and got the armor from the vendor.

Have any Vanguard marks? If so, buy a piece from the Vanguard to replace a 33 light piece you have on now, should get you to level 33. Will make 34 a lot easier.

Not that it's necessary, mind you. As long as you get a good team together you can run the 34 just fine as a 32. Round 4 is a bitch, though. Bring Titans and cheese.

Zocano

Got a Void Scholar (scout rifle) on second character. Great perks on it. Finally a good Void primary to replace Word of Crota.

Can you help me out with getting to 9-0? I've been busy this weekend and haven't been able to grab the people I usually PvP'd with back in IB. Dunno if you wanna take a break though.

I knew I should've bought that LDR when it was on sale...

LDR was great but you coudn't re-roll it, so had to get very lucky with the perks.

The new vanguard sniper is pretty good, especially if you can roll perks like I did..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom