• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My hunter at the lighthouse.

iOLSBUaJ51Z7O.png

I wish I had someone to carry my Titan to 9 and 0. -=hinthint=-

raindoc

Three of us went into the 35 PoE encounter completely blind. It was awesome, I loved every minute of it. Best part was IMHO was the Servitor-Boss. Two Titans kept the bubble train rolling as we shotgunned blinded Captains and punched them in the face.

I don't remember when we reached Skolas, but I quit after several hours at around 5 am. Like I said, we went in blind and first tried the same strat that worked (and was a lot of fun) for the Servitor. Bubble shields near the entrance, fists and shotguns for the small ones, Gjallarhorn and Black Hammer for the Big one.
When we got one-shotted by Captains with solar shotguns inside our shields we tried to switch spots, become mobile. Kept getting one-shotted by Skolas and his goons.
So finally we looked up the "cheese", rushing him at the far left of the map.

Got him almost down a couple of times, but just never could get enough damage done to kill him and the timer on the mine(s) got really low each time we almost did it - so low I'm not sure we would've made it, even with Skolas down.

Only two of us had G'horns and from what we could gather from reddit, gaf & youtube, that seems to have been the problem. We looked hard, but couldn't find any video or written account of someone doing it without G'horns.

I'm disappointed as fuck. What a gruesome end to an otherwise fun encounter. Nothing inside the 35 arena prepared us for Skolas and his goons. It was a tough, but fair fight up until we faced him, then the unfairness of the level disadvantage just exploded in our faces.

Raybunny

I got one more fight in me. But I am going to be that guy, for the first time in my life: I want 3 Horns. (I hat you so much right now BRNGIE).

Pleas don't judge me, I'm cool if you take someone else because of that.

I have 1 horn in each character. Count me in.

Anyone up for ToE35 ?

I got one more fight in me. But I am going to be that guy, for the first time in my life: I want 3 Horns. (I hat you so much right now BRNGIE).

Pleas don't judge me, I'm cool if you take someone else because of that.

I have 5 Horns is that good enough Rain ;)
I haven't been able to take down Skolas yet, so if you don't have someone in the next half an hour I would be happy to join in.

Edit - beaten ^

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
1. Immediately run to the left
2. One person kills the Servitor with a solar shotgun, second person behind him can help if needed from.
3. Third person stays lower and gets ready to fire rockets at him.
4. Person on the top should start first rocket when he gets near.
5. Second and third person should fire theirs one after another.
There should be enough time to get his health down to break his bond.
Once that happens keep the horns going until you hear Variks say to dismantle mine. Person on top or should go after A immediately while the rest focuses on on killing him. Hell in one of my runs I barely used 10 rockets. The key is to him with directly with it for max damage. Splash damage will not do much to him.
6. Once he's dead each person could just stay in certain spots to dismantle two rounds of mines.

I uploaded two videos of killing him. Actually had two different runs where it was first try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQS_rdXhcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8HuUHmVJK4

WipedOut

I can beat freaking Skolas with a team yet I can't get to 5 wins in ToO. People who are really good are all trialed out already. :(

Jinjo

Cool. Gimme a min, I need to log in and make me a cup of tea first. To calm my nerves.

Fake EDIT: Want me to bring my Titan or Warlock?

I don't know what would be best? Titan I guess?

Added you both already, just send me an invite when ready.

BLCKATK

Three of us went into the 35 PoE encounter completely blind. It was awesome, I loved every minute of it. Best part was IMHO was the Servitor-Boss. Two Titans kept the bubble train rolling as we shotgunned blinded Captains and punched them in the face.

I don't remember when we reached Skolas, but I quit after several hours at around 5 am. Like I said, we went in blind and first tried the same strat that worked (and was a lot of fun) for the Servitor. Bubble shields near the entrance, fists and shotguns for the small ones, Gjallarhorn and Black Hammer for the Big one.
When we got one-shotted by Captains with solar shotguns inside our shields we tried to switch spots, become mobile. Kept getting one-shotted by Skolas and his goons.
So finally we looked up the "cheese", rushing him at the far left of the map.

Got him almost down a couple of times, but just never could get enough damage done to kill him and the timer on the mine(s) got really low each time we almost did it - so low I'm not sure we would've made it, even with Skolas down.

Only two of us had G'horns and from what we could gather from reddit, gaf & youtube, that seems to have been the problem. We looked hard, but couldn't find any video or written account of someone doing it without G'horns.

I'm disappointed as fuck. What a gruesome end to an otherwise fun encounter. Nothing inside the 35 arena prepared us for Skolas and his goons. It was a tough, but fair fight up until we faced him, then the unfairness of the level disadvantage just exploded in our faces.

Dude I have very similar feelings. Today I went in blind with some clan mates of mine and we were having a real good time pretty much until Skolas. Coming away from the 3 hour attempt we had without a kill made me real salty that I haven't gotten a G'horn after all this time playing. Was using Hunger of Crota but it just wasn't enough to burn him down, and getting one shot by captains and Skolas really grinded me down on the whole experience.

I don't think I'm going to try it again until I can get a 365 Hunger or until I get G'horn. I'm sure it can be done without it, but with the level disadvantage and the one-shotting, it just doesn't seem worth my time. Time would probably be better spent trying to get better at the game and gear out other characters with content I can do.

Today was basically killing my HoW hype, first going 8-0 in Trials only for my fireteam to be disconnected from a match entirely and getting a loss, even though I had a boon up. Then I go try Skolas and basically get told either get way better at the game or get lucky enough to get a G'horn. Rough.

judgements chance and i got the hand cannon but it has no elemental.. bullshit

Weird how the best stuff is behind PVP now. Also I realized tonight that no matchmaking plus 3 player content makes it more difficult to find friends to play with since you no longer have a large group where there's room for 6 people. Now it's 3 or nothing and it kind of sucks.

stb

Any ToO pros planning on playing Monday that I might be able to schedule some time to ride the coattails of?

I'll probably be beating my head against the wall with pickup groups on Monday anyway, but it'd be nice to have something to look forward to after the time I've had with PoE and ToO so far.

gunawi

Today was basically killing my HoW hype, first going 8-0 in Trials only for my fireteam to be disconnected from a match entirely and getting a loss, even though I had a boon up. Then I go try Skolas and basically get told either get way better at the game or get lucky enough to get a G'horn. Rough.

This is exactly the same as me, nooblets and Drizz experienced yesterday. We went 8-0 on ToO and on the last game we were matched up with a team where one of them didn't show up during start screen. And 10 seconds after we start we got disconnected and got the lost even though we have the boon active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom