• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the new Exotic helmets are bugged somewhat. Both the Ram and Celestial Nighthawk have given me 'upgrade unlocked' alerts when I'm only a third down the first bubble.

I've gotten that too.

Not just exotics. Even legendaries like the PoE armor has done the same for.

Happens with the regular legendary gear too. Gives me upgrade unlocked while it's only halfway down an upgrade bubble. Guess the upgrade unlocked message is tied to how many xp an item has gotten, not whether it actually filled an entire bubble. And since the new items take the same amount of xp, but just have less bubbles it glitches out.

All the armour pieces, not just exotics.

Poor UI design by bungie. All armor and weapons still need the same amount of XP to fully level up, but due to lesser number of upgrade bubbles, 1/4th of a bubble completed shows up as upgrade available.

Expect this to be addressed in a post HoW patch.....or not.

Comms

Neo Member
LDR was great but you coudn't re-roll it, so had to get very lucky with the perks.

The new vanguard sniper is pretty good, especially if you can roll perks like I did..

The one being sold at FWC is outstanding! got us a few good kills in ToO.

Shito

Poor UI design by bungie. All armor and weapons still need the same amount of XP to fully level up, but due to lesser number of upgrade bubbles, 1/4th of a bubble completed shows up as upgrade available.

Expect this to be addressed in a post HoW patch.....or not.
God damn, do they really have to leave each time at least one "you just had to test it to see it" bug? :D

Jinjo

Really nice that you can wear the armor now at max light without unlocking the perks.

Totally horrible now that the drop rates for Skolas are like probably under 5% chance that he drops anything. Then it could be a ship. Low chance of primary with element or exotic bounty. Makes one want to skip the encounter entirely.

Bungie should also take the non-elemental primaries out of the judgements chance. I have no interest in those anyway... I feel like I get nothing when I get one of those...

...maybe I'll just play more PvP and ToO and abandon most of the PvE grinding.

Skolas fight is opposite of-fun shit and it makes HM Crota as a level 32 seem like the most fun encounter ever.

Seriously I think it can be on farm once everyone knows where to stand etc and there won't be as many wipes as long as Bungie doesn't patch Skolas but Atheon (when no bugs) still stands alone as the main good hard but fun and fair PvE end game boss encounter...

Funny how they got the CE Crota drop rate so right, only to fuck up again with Skolas.

And I agree, they made a boss worse than HM Crota it seems.

Trakan

Dude on LFG posted that he wanted only experienced crucible players. Then we start playing and I tell him the other team is trying to flank him from C spawn and he says, "What's C?"

*rips hair out*

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Even though I've played IB a few times, I play skirmish and doubles pretty much exclusively so I don't know where the capture points are on some maps.

Going shader less on my Warlock. Really like the standard color scheme of ToO robes. Plus I don't have Revenant. :(

No shader looks better than Revenant. Revenant gives an ugly camo pattern on some armor.

Deku Tree

The Chosen, yep I have that too. But vanguard one has more stability.

Yeah I got a couple yesterday playing with Unstable. The impact is just enough to kill in two shots. Can't compare to LDR final round though, which is one shot body kill.

I got an old 331 void LDR with unflinching, field scout, and final round. Guess I should keep it.

How good is the auto aim on the "hidden hand" perk?

Really nice that you can wear the armor now at max light without unlocking the perks.

Totally horrible now that the drop rates for Skolas are like probably under 5% chance that he drops anything. Then it could be a ship. Low chance of primary with element or exotic bounty. Makes one want to skip the encounter entirely.

Bungie should also take the non-elemental primaries out of the judgements chance. I have no interest in those anyway... I feel like I get nothing when I get one of those...

...maybe I'll just play more PvP and ToO and abandon most of the PvE grinding.

Skolas fight is opposite of-fun shit and it makes HM Crota as a level 32 seem like the most fun encounter ever.

Seriously I think it can be on farm once everyone knows where to stand etc and there won't be as many wipes as long as Bungie doesn't patch Skolas but Atheon (when no bugs) still stands alone as the main good hard but fun and fair PvE end game boss encounter...
Personally I still feel this "expansion" was not worth $20. It should have been a free update every month or so to provide more content towards the lacklust base game already. Atheon is still the best PvE encounter, Crota..welp kinda interesting with the sword. it could have been a good idea but Bungie got lazy and it was poorly executed. PoE haha nope. Feels like fighting any strike bosses without a place to fall back to. Overall the changes to the main game were welcome but a little too late. But whatever I will play here and there still since I already bought the season pass before the game released.

I don't know how you make up for 8 months of lame PvP awards, but the Lighthouse seems like a hell of a try. You can hit 34 just doing that.

Personally I still feel this "expansion" was not worth $20. It should have been a free update every month or so to provide more content towards the lacklust base game already. Atheon is still the best PvE encounter, Crota..welp kinda interesting with the sword. it could have been a good idea but Bungie got lazy and it was poorly executed. PoE haha nope. Feels like fighting any strike bosses without a place to fall back to. Overall the changes to the main game were welcome but a little too late. But whatever I will play here and there still since I already bought the season pass before the game released.
I see where you're coming from. For myself, money was no object, so the state of the game is what it is.

Can non-DLC owners play Trials of Osiris?

Shito

I really like PoE, but I only did the 32 ones, and I refuse to do the other ones under levelled. I will do the 34 one once I reach 34, and I will probably never bother with the 35 ones until Comet raises up the cap.
This artificial difficulty Bungie is using is bullshit, it only adds frustration and doesn't prevent hardcore players to get things to farm level eventually anyways.

Them overreacting with this and how easy it was to hit 34- even faster than crota- will bite them in the ass.
They probably didn't think that many people would manage to go 9-0, or that there were godlike pop players like unstable to carry people to it.
But yeah, I don't understand how they thought giving THAT many etheric lights as a reward for ToO was a good idea. It totally destroys the balance they had going for it, and is quite unfair for PVE only people.

nOoblet16

The chosen is the best sniper rifle you can buy in the game for PvP. With right roll you can get 100% stability, shortgaze and final round and even Unfliching.

Them overreacting with this and how easy it was to hit 34- even faster than crota- will bite them in the ass.
I wouldn't call making the Lighthouse easy. I think luck is a huge part of it, however.

There's always going to be teams that can beat you. Are there enough poorer ones out there to consecutively match with before you meet your better? The order you play them is essentially random.

Deku Tree

I actually like PoE and I find all the encounters pretty good. Even the first five rounds of PoE 35 are good in spite of the being underleveled. I am hopeful that the rotations in PoE keeps things fresh. The no place to hide thing I found is not so bad and each room has spots to pause and replenish your health.

For me the main two huge awful problems are (1) extremely ridiculous ramp up in difficulty of the Skolas encounter with solar burn (trying to do it legit with all the one shots) compared to the first five rounds of PoE 35 and (2) the ridiculously low drop rates of the "good stuff" and this is made even worse when you hear about all the Ridiculously generous drop rates of ToO if you happen to be a PvP God or are able to be carried by one.

And oh yeah the lack of checkpoints is really awful. Too many people having to leave without getting it done. Or even one gaffer got kicked at the treasure room yesterday and Bungie codes it so that it's impossible to rejoin even if you were the one who took down Skolas.

I also forgot to say that the whole treasure key system is total crap too.

MrS

Banned
The chosen is the best sniper rifle you can buy in the game for PvP. With right roll you can get 100% stability, shortgaze and final round and even Unfliching.

You were monstering with that gun on Friday. I need to get me one of those!

I wouldn't call making the Lighthouse easy. I think luck is a huge part of it, however.

I do feel the mm needs to be better, prioritizing connection over a skill based mm is skewing the results. Some players are just flying through it because they aren't meeting good teams. However, there are other people that lose three games right off the bat because they go against competent teams.

duck_sauce

Are raids still a thing with the new addon, or is everyone doing PoE?

I have never done either raid and would be disappointed if they are obsolete now

Unstable

Where can I view it? I'm 72 on the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bw7dIxYrSoyriKUqrqcC-rm9Yo/edit#gid=352628958

fixed

I guess put me on the list? Need a few good teammates and 9-0 would be simple.
List is closed atm, but I'll make a mental note that you want in. Just know that there's a lot of people lined up and I may not be able to get to all of them.

Will you be streaming again?
Yep, I have some real life stuff to do, so I won't be on until the afternoon but when the Train leaves the Station I'll be streaming.

I really like PoE, but I only did the 32 ones, and I refuse to do the other ones under levelled. I will do the 34 one once I reach 34, and I will probably never bother with the 35 ones until Comet raises up the cap.
This artificial difficulty Bungie is using is bullshit, it only adds frustration and doesn't prevent hardcore players to get things to farm level eventually anyways.

They probably didn't think that many people would manage to go 9-0, or that there were godlike pop players like unstable to carry people to it.
But yeah, I don't understand how they thought giving THAT many etheric lights as a reward for ToO was a good idea. It totally destroys the balance they had going for it, and is quite unfair for PVE only people.

Agreed its a cheap lazy way to make the game "hard" by handicaps. Been ranting that for awhile. I dont feel like spamming ballerhorn rockets, hide and wait 5 mins, spam more rockets again.

I actually like PoE and I find all the encounters pretty good. Even the first five rounds of PoE 35 are good in spite of the being underleveled. I am hopeful that the rotations in PoE keeps things fresh. The no place to hide thing I found is not so bad and each room has spots to pause and replenish your health.

For me the main two huge awful problems are (1) extremely ridiculous ramp up in difficulty of the Skolas encounter with solar burn (trying to do it legit with all the one shots) compared to the first five rounds of PoE 35 and (2) the ridiculously low drop rates of the "good stuff" and this is made even worse when you hear about all the Ridiculously generous drop rates of ToO if you happen to be a PvP God or are able to be carried by one.

And oh yeah the lack of checkpoints is really awful. Too many people having to leave without getting it done. Or even one gaffer got kicked at the treasure room yesterday and Bungie codes it so that it's impossible to rejoin even if you were the one who took down Skolas.

I also forgot to say that the whole treasure key system is total crap too.
Each their own of course. I think its boring...enjoyable playing with gaffers (welp always thought Scrota was boring as well but I ran that over 100 + times to help gaffers finish it) mehhh

edit: speaking of Crota and swordbearers: thus the fight between the 2 of the best swordbearers that farmed Crota..
in bloodborne :p
dZ91W0f.gif
p.s thats Dhruv :p

Namikaze1

Can you guys confirm if you can keep looting the two smaller chests in the level 28 PoE? And do they have a chance of dropping etheric light?
You can keep looting the small chests in all of the PoE arenas. As for your second question, sorry but they have no chance of dropping Etheric Light. Just keys and tokens for Variks. Always motes or strange coins.

Yes, and no, not to my knowledge.
They can drop keys, though.
Ah thought so, thanks. Haven't yet been blessed with a single etheric light. Level 33 but having a hard time getting through level 34 PoE for the guaranteed light drop. Might have to call on Gaf help for that later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom