• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel the mm needs to be better, prioritizing connection over a skill based mm is skewing the results. Some players are just flying through it because they aren't meeting good teams. However, there are other people that lose three games right off the bat because they go against competent teams.
I wish normal Crucible matched this way. Far less laggy bullshit in ToO.

Shito

Ah thought so, thanks. Haven't yet been blessed with a single etheric light. Level 33 but having a hard time getting through level 34 PoE for the guaranteed light drop. Might have to call on Gaf help for that later!
Yeah, didn't get one either.
I got myself on unstable's list mainly for this reason, to get "easy" etheric lights, but now I'm having second thoughts about this and will not follow through: I'd rather keep a reason to run PoE these coming weeks to get one piece of armour at a time, and eventually reach 34 and start doing the 34 version.
So, people on the list, know that the number 49 is a pass! :)
I'll watch the stream, though, unstable is insanely good *and* relaxing to hear.
Would have loved that hand cannon, but I would feel bad knowing I don't deserve it at all.

I'd rather keep a reason to run PoE this coming weeks to get one piece of armour at a time, and eventually reach 34 and start doing the 34 version.
This is probably me too. As much as I want to get to max level quickly, part of the fun of Destiny for me is running the weekly stuff to chase new weapons and armour. Don't mind taking some time to get what I want.

Jrmint

You can keep looting the small chests in all of the PoE arenas. As for your second question, sorry but they have no chance of dropping Etheric Light. Just keys and tokens for Variks. Always motes or strange coins.
The level 32 small chests have a chance at Etheric Light right?

Shito

These chests are one opening per week?
No, you can open them as much as you want, the small chests are the same on all versions, only you get the weekly rewards for 32 to 35 when opening the first one.
To clarify: the first player to open a chest triggers the weekly rewards drop.

noomi

Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Black Hammer, and Found Verdict all ascended as of yesterday.

Will have 2 more etheric light today, and I'm not sure what other weapons to get upgraded.

What do you guys think... is the Word of Crota, Corrective Measure worth it?

nOoblet16

What do you think of this ? Replenishes ammo after super, has shortgaze and Hidden Hand (so basically a bigger hit box for headshots or higher aim assist, should work well with shortgaze). Only thing I am unhappy about is the stability, I could have used Fitted stock or perfect balance here for close to Max stability. But as it stands I will get something around 75-80 with this.

The other thing I am worried about is that it might not two shot (with body shots) in PvP.

iKL4Fc8h.jpg

Third time's a charm! Got the solar hand cannon after getting the hand cannon with arc twice. Thanks to TearsOfBlood and Gaz for the good matches. We actually had to work hard after we immediately lost the first match, but we got it done!

noomi

Third time's a charm! Got the solar hand cannon after getting the hand cannon with arc twice. Thanks to TearsOfBlood and Gaz for the good matches. We actually had to work hard after we immediately lost the first match, but we got it done!

Congrats! That's currently my most sought after weapon, the soooooolar hand cannon. I know skolas has a small chance to drop it as well :D

I'm personally upgrading Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence and Corrective Measure on all 3 characters first...

Corrective measure it is then! I remember it being beast during void NF's and it certainly held its own in crucible.

Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Black Hammer, and Found Verdict all ascended as of yesterday.

Will have 2 more etheric light today, and I'm not sure what other weapons to get upgraded.

Corrective measure probably is. I wouldn't really know since it's never dropped for me:(.

nOoblet16

You were monstering with that gun on Friday. I need to get me one of those!
Thanks but I don't have that gun, I have a Longbow synthesis with a roll that's close sans the rate of fire which is same as that of icebreaker and LDR (so not too fast or not too slow). The only disadvantage I have when going against other snipers is that I use ambush scope which has minimal aim assist and shakes a lot while moving and is downright uncontrollable when fired upon even with unflinching. Shortgaze is much better but I don't have it.

recks

What do you think of this ? Replenishes ammo after super, has shortgaze and Hidden Hand (so basically a bigger hit box for headshots or higher aim assist, should work well with shortgaze). Only thing I am unhappy about is the stabjty, I could have used Fitted stock or perfect balance here for close to Max stability. But as it stands I will get something around 75-80 with this.

The other thing I am worried about is that it might not two shot (with body shots) in PvP.
It two shots on pvp, it has the same impact as Praedyths Revenge I think. I use the same Sniper on PVP and really like it, only problem for me is the low magazine of 4.

Congrats! That's currently my most sought after weapon, the soooooolar hand cannon. I know skolas has a small chance to drop it as well :D

Thanks noomi! Yeah same here, was kind of disappointed when I saw the arc hand cannon pop up for the second time. But this makes up for it. Which hand cannon can Skolas drop?

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I watched a fair bit of Unstable, Kadey and Falifax owning ToO last night. I can only dream of gitting that gud

I was hanging out in Nghtly's stream after Hawkian linked him earlier. Guy is a beast in pvp and genuinely nice and down to earth. Felt like I learned some things to help me improve at PVP today in addition to meeting some cool people - fun day of Destiny all around.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So are the PoE going to have any lasting appeal like a raid?I find it pretty limited although i only played in twice, maybe it will grow on me.

whats your take on it?
Based on Grimoire cards, there's going to be more bosses like a reskinned Sepiks Prime, Phogoth and Gate Lord.

noomi

Thanks noomi! Yeah same here, was kind of disappointed when I saw the arc hand cannon pop up for the second time. But this makes up for it. Which hand cannon can Skolas drop?

He has a very small chance to drop a Six Dreg Pride with a random elemental damage. So it's like playing the RNG game twice :p Once for the hand cannon, and a 2nd time for the dmg type.

Here it is: http://www.destinydb.com/items/270944924

If you're looking tonight and you see me on Noomi, give me a shout!

Will do :)

I was hanging out in Nghtly's stream after Hawkian linked him earlier. Guy is a beast in pvp and genuinely nice and down to earth. Felt like I learned some things to help me improve at PVP today in addition to meeting some cool people - fun day of Destiny all around.

That pretty much how I feel after running with unstable last night, I feel like I've learned quite a bit from him.

Don't get me wrong I could always hold my own in crucible, and I typically come in 1st on the scoreboards, but after playing with Unstable yesterday I definitely feel like my skills have been sharpened.

THE UNSTABLE EFFECT

Deku Tree

Based on Grimoire cards, there's going to be more bosses like a reskinned Sepiks Prime, Phogoth and Gate Lord.

If you really want to fight them now you can grind the level 28 PoE which is randomized and contains all these bosses I would think.

I got the servitor boss grimoire when doing my 28 PoE at least.

MrS

Banned
Thanks but I don't have that gun, I have a Longbow synthesis with a roll that's close sans the rate of fire which is same as that of icebreaker and LDR (so not too fast or not too slow). The only disadvantage I have when going against other snipers is that I use ambush scope which has minimal aim assist and shakes a lot while moving and is downright uncontrollable when fired upon even with unflinching. Shortgaze is much better but I don't have it.
Ha oh shit!

Anybody for trials?

nOoblet16

I wanna play ToO (only have time for one passage), don't really need any loot or stuff cause I have it all on all characters. Just for some competitive fun, I can't carry two people like Unstable cause my back's not as stable as unstable but if there's someone else who is confident enough then we can probably carry one otherwise would like to play with some usual crucible players.
No guarantees for win :p #TeamProScrubs

raindoc

Ha oh shit!

Anybody for trials?

I'd like to.

I wanna play ToO (only have time for one passage), don't really need any loot or stuff cause I have it all on all characters. Just for some competitive fun, I can't carry two people like Unstable cause my back's not as stable as unstable but if there's someone else who is confident enough then we can probably carry one otherwise would like to play with some usual crucible players.
No guarantees for win :p #TeamProScrubs

My back is all kinds of fucked up, but up I learned how to keep others' upright, so...

Daemul

I've only upgraded my most used and favourite legendary weapons, which are Fatebringer, Black Hammer, Found Verdict, Praedyth's Revenge(my ever reliable PvP sniper) Hunger of Crota, Corrective Measure and probably the Vangaurd Pulse Rifle I bought on Wednesday, 55A-Somthing.

The rest of my weapons are being left to rot in the vault, I ain't farming etheric light for shit I barely use.

noomi

I've only upgraded my most used and favourite legendary weapons, which are Fatebringer, Black Hammer, Found Verdict, Praedyth's Revenge(my ever reliable PvP sniper) Hunger of Crota, Corrective Measure and probably the Vangaurd Pulse Rifle I bought on Wednesday, 55A-Somthing.

The rest of my weapons are being left to rot in the vault, I ain't farming etheric light for shit I barely use.

I'm pretty much following the same guidelines, but focusing more on VoG weapons since they are still in the 300 dmg.

Today I'll do Corrective, and have to think about who deserves the last one :p

Also I don't know why, but the music in that video made me laugh, is that music from some game?

Zocano

Looks like you guys have enough but if you need one, I'd like to go to the lighthouse. I can't carry a team but I'm by no means bad.

PSN is my name

Tobi

Neo Member
I got this from a blue engram... is it a good weapon? I've never liked handcannons.

By the way I'd like to try the level 32 PoE, does anyone want to join? Playing on Xbone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom