• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

I'm really curious if that lighthouse disappears after reset. I would like to think you still have access but just wouldn't be able to open the chest... I guess we'll find out in a few days.

I might have to walk around there some more today just in case :p

Can you do Skolas after you've cleared it on all three characters for another chance at an elemental primary or are they only possible on your first clear that week?

Trakan

Re-rolled the Dead Orbit scout rifle to have full auto/firefly and then I get my choice of explosive rounds or a stability perk. Damn.

Zocano

Can you do Skolas after you've cleared it on all three characters for another chance at an elemental primary or are they only possible on your first clear that week?

Yep. The drop is from him and not the chests so I'd imagine you can attempt as much as you want.

SkylineRKR

Re-rolled the Dead Orbit scout rifle to have full auto/firefly and then I get my choice of explosive rounds or a stability perk. Damn.

Good job.

I wasted 100 motes on the NL Shadow for this roll, didn't get it. Settled with full auto and hidden hand. Might as well make it a laser.

TLW is god tier for pvp, wow I love it.

It is, and I'm sure it has an Icarus perk as well. Mid air shooting is insanely useful.

I wanna play ToO (only have time for one passage), don't really need any loot or stuff cause I have it all on all characters. Just for some competitive fun, I can't carry two people like Unstable cause my back's not as stable as unstable but if there's someone else who is confident enough then we can probably carry one otherwise would like to play with some usual crucible players.
No guarantees for win :p #TeamProScrubs

I'll join, need that hunter cloak and some crucible marks.

Namikaze1

I will be looking for a train to Mercury later. Twilight, if you're on....

tumblr_inline_notp1cxp0Q1qlie0k_500.gif
Me too!

Renta

Banned
Looking to do a lv 34 PoE. Anyone game?

PSN: RentALine just send a friend request or message

Edit: nvm actually. Seems everyone is on ToO, so I'll do that too

Wilde

I'll join, need that hunter cloak and some crucible marks.

I might be up for this as well. Got, 9-0 on all three guardians, but I NEED that hunter cloak!

Also, Ruthless, do you happen to have the normal Gatekeeper checkpoint. I am in desperate need of some glimmer farming after upgrading so much gear this week.

ERMint13

Wonder if Bungie is going to do anything about teams that constantly get the other to disconnect in ToO.

Ran into a team and we didn't disconnect but it was brutal. Looking at their ToO stats they have a couple of wins with 0 kills. Real shame that people resort to this kind of stuff.

Wilde

Wonder if Bungie is going to do anything about teams that constantly get the other to disconnect in ToO.

Ran into a team and we didn't disconnect but it was brutal. Looking at their ToO stats they have a couple of wins with 0 kills. Real shame that people resort to this kind of stuff.

The first thing they should do, is make it so getting disconnected doesn't count as a loss!

That is ridiculous and it screwed a lot of people already this week.

X-Frame

So a maxed Red Death is a good weapon to bring into ToO even if I also have a maxed Thorn and TLW? I seem to do better in Skirmish with Red Death.

I might be up for this as well. Got, 9-0 on all three guardians, but I NEED that hunter cloak!

Also, Ruthless, do you happen to have the normal Gatekeeper checkpoint. I am in desperate need of some glimmer farming after upgrading so much gear this week.

Yeah I have normal gorgon checkpoint.

Room for a scrub?

Lol I'm a scrub in pvp too. Went into crucible yesterday after 6 months.

Trakan

Good job.

I wasted 100 motes on the NL Shadow for this roll, didn't get it. Settled with full auto and hidden hand. Might as well make it a laser.

It is, and I'm sure it has an Icarus perk as well. Mid air shooting is insanely useful.

How's the stability on that one? It's pretty lackluster on the Dead Orbit one.

Can I have a ticket to a lighthouse train? :)

my internet is fixed finally

I'll play on my Titan if you want.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bw7dIxYrSoyriKUqrqcC-rm9Yo/edit#gid=352628958

fixed

List is closed atm, but I'll make a mental note that you want in. Just know that there's a lot of people lined up and I may not be able to get to all of them.

Yep, I have some real life stuff to do, so I won't be on until the afternoon but when the Train leaves the Station I'll be streaming.
Unstable take off the note for Macello needing after 4 pm please. That was just for yesterday. I'm ready anytime today.

So yesterday evening hedera_, myself and a friend played PoE 35 for the first time. We went in blind, so we were somewhat surprised how well we were doing since we got to Skolas only wiping twice on the Cabal stage (psion burn and angry is very fun with Cabal \s). Everything was challenging but doable, and we were having fun.

Then the Skolas fight just shit all over that experience. We tried legit, but Captains with shotguns and solar burn (one-shot), a fuckton of adds, poison and the mines combined with the level disadvantage just make the whole thing a frustrating, not even the least bit fun grind. This is not challenging. Something challenging is difficult but doable. This is just the game being able to cheat against the player, just a bunch of shit that will inevitably end in a wipe.

After some wipes we decided to look up strategies since it was already 2am and tried the Horn strat, but he kept teleporting every time and fucking up our hits. A couple of time we almost killed him but by then the mines had spawned and we had no way to survive. About 3am we gave up since it was late and we were tired, having spent about twice the amount of time on Skolas than on the whole 5 rounds before him.

And just to rub salt in the wound, we don't have a checkpoint to try again today (it could be a checkpoint that only worked for the same fireteam) and we had nothing to show for the 3 hours we spent on PoE 35. Even raids have section rewards, and they have checkpoints.

This and HM Crota makes me wonder who the hell curates this crap, makes me wonder if they even play their own game. I'm playing Witcher 3 on Death March difficulty and the game is hard. It took me about 5 or 6 tries to kill the griffin, but with each tried I learned and could get better at it. When I managed to get to the second part of the griffin fight for the first time, I killed it without dying once on that section because I had managed to learn and improve. None of this exists in the Skolas fight.

So yeah, HoW got me excited for Destiny again and I've been playing a lot. But shit like this is what got me fed up the last time. It seems they haven't really learned anything on the PvE side.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
If you really want to fight them now you can grind the level 28 PoE which is randomized and contains all these bosses I would think.

I got the servitor boss grimoire when doing my 28 PoE at least.
Oh, I did not know this. Will probably do it next week.

ERMint13

The first thing they should do, is make it so getting disconnected doesn't count as a loss!

That is ridiculous and it screwed a lot of people already this week.

I understand though the reason for the loss was to keep people from just yanking their internet to keep pushing for 9 and 0.

At that point though if it's going to give me a free win I'd prefer that vs taking the chance of having a perfect card ruined by someone playing with the connections.

Hopefully Bungie see's the teams that had multiple wins with zero kills and bans them but I doubt they will. I don't even think they ever did anything about that boosting in Skirmish where they had a team of 5 and just destroyed that random.

Deku Tree

Unclear but I doubt it. I would think they were on a weekly reset.

I am really hoping things are somehow like the Crux situation where only one player in Germany got it in the first week and next week the drops are better. It seems like very very few people got drops directly from Skolas this week...

...otherwise its pretty terrible and a huge step back from the CE raid drop rate. And worse than Atheon even...

noomi

So ToO, better to run level 32 PoE first to reach level 33 or can a level 32 not be a liability to one's team?

I would get to 33 first, it's easy.

So a maxed Red Death is a good weapon to bring into ToO even if I also have a maxed Thorn and TLW? I seem to do better in Skirmish with Red Death.

Red Death is my go to weapon of choice at the moment. I usually use red death & vex.

Hawkmoon I can't get consistent kills with, and the thorn is so cheesy I refuse to use it lol.

Deku Tree

So yesterday evening hedera_, myself and a friend played PoE 35 for the first time. We went in blind, so we were somewhat surprised how well we were doing since we got to Skolas only wiping twice on the Cabal stage (psion burn and angry is very fun with Cabal s). Everything was challenging but doable, and we were having fun.

Then the Skolas fight just shit all over that experience. We tried legit, but Captains with shotguns and solar burn (one-shot), a fuckton of adds, poison and the mines combined with the level disadvantage just make the whole thing a frustrating, not even the least bit fun grind. This is not challenging. Something challenging is difficult but doable. This is just the game being able to cheat against the player, just a bunch of shit that will inevitably end in a wipe.

After some wipes we decided to look up strategies since it was already 2am and tried the Horn strat, but he kept teleporting every time and fucking up our hits. A couple of time we almost killed him but by then the mines had spawned and we had no way to survive. About 3am we gave up since it was late and we were tired, having spent about twice the amount of time on Skolas than on the whole 5 rounds before him.

And just to rub salt in the wound, we don't have a checkpoint to try again today (it could be a checkpoint that only worked for the same fireteam) and we had nothing to show for the 3 hours we spent on PoE 35. Even raids have section rewards, and they have checkpoints.

This and HM Crota makes me wonder who the hell curates this crap, makes me wonder if they even play their own game. I'm playing Witcher 3 on Death March difficulty and the game is hard. It took me about 5 or 6 tries to kill the griffin, but with each tried I learned and could get better at it. When I managed to get to the second part of the griffin fight for the first time, I killed it without dying once on that section because I had managed to learn and improve. None of this exists in the Skolas fight.

So yeah, HoW got me excited for Destiny again and I've been playing a lot. But shit like this is what got me fed up the last time. It seems they haven't really learned anything on the PvE side.

All true. Insane ramp up in difficulty and ridiculously low drop rates on the good Skolas drops and the player hating lack of checkpoints really ruins the whole experience.

noomi

You guys just wait for next week skolas! Probably won't have burn or will be arc/void.

Then the salt really begins.

Deku Tree

You guys just wait for next week skolas! Probably won't have burn or will be arc/void.

Then the salt really begins.

No burn would make Skolas the biggest bullet sponge ever.

Arc would be even worse for lots of the fallen weapons but at least Skolas can't one shot you.

Void burn would be easy mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom