• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

20/80, and yes we are going by the same order.

I'm number 37, so it looks like I'll be toward the end of the day.

'll do my best to keep an eye on the doc and the forum, but juuuuuuust in case, what happens if I miss my turn?

I'm pretty excited for this.

Are there any good ToO guides, or even PVP in general strategies posts? Was playing with a couple friends yesterday and we couldn't win a single full match despite 2 runs. Dunno if we're just bad or if we're doing something else wrong.

nOoblet16

Yup! And it works really well too haha.

If there's a cheese we will find a way.
We're like Monty
mKea56n.jpg

Matt_C

I am officially nuts, I just ordered the Xbox 360 version even though I have the game and expansions on Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4. At least I got it for $20 new and I just got the 360 expansion the other day. The name is Matarick in both Xbox and Playstation Bungie accounts.
I mainly bought the 360 version to play with people who hasn't upgraded to the newest consoles yet.

All true. Insane ramp up in difficulty and ridiculously low drop rates on the good Skolas drops and the player hating lack of checkpoints really ruins the whole experience.

I was reading your posts when you, fig and nami were doing 35 and I was puzzled by them and the waiting you mentioned. Now I understand. As much as waiting for the synths is a pain, it feels like the only way to actually have a shot at killing him. And that is not a fun game.

You guys just wait for next week skolas! Probably won't have burn or will be arc/void.

Then the salt really begins.

Arc burn will be even worst, and no burn will be nearly impossible to kill him. Void might be the only one giving us a real shot at doing it.

You just described my crews experience. The teleporting was complete BULLSHIT. I think Bungie eliminated checkpoints because people would be posting "I got Skolas checkpoint" and that would break their design.

My crew really couldn't cheese him with g-horns because I don't have one. Our strategy was go in clockwise, I kill the first servitor and my buddies blackhammer/g-horn him with a blessings of light. I would immediately continue around clockwise and take out the other servitor. That would give them 35 seconds of DPS. I would run back counterclockwise. Shoot some rockets as well and we would activate devouring essence (which was doable for us).

The problem was when he would teleport about 50% of the time. That would usually down one of them and we would have to run a clockwise pattern to revive the fallen guardian and all three of us would end up in a death spiral of trying to avoid the captains' solar burn.

We got to the mines multiple times, but that became even more frustrating.

I don't know if I'll go back and fight him again until I have a g-horn (or ever, but I'm feeling like I could make pounds of saltwater taffy with the saltiness I feel).

Yeah, the lack of fun factor is this is astounding. Both Skolas and Crota are very poorly designed boss fights, with lots of cheap shots to get wipes. Atheon and the Templar are brilliantly designed compared to this, and very fun.

Oh man I'm still thinking about it... That experience last night (the Skolas part) was brutal and it definitely made me not want to touch Destiny for a couple days. You said everything I feel about that encounter.

I doubt that I'll have the patience to try that again anytime soon.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm now playing Witcher 3 in the hardest difficulty just to relax (can't believe I wrote that and meant it XD). I'm getting killed a lot, but I feel it's my own fault for not being more careful approaching encouters, not the game cheesing me.

SkylineRKR

Atheon is just great when it works. You can Horn him within 20 seconds, but you can also beat him legit without dying. Do a clean portal run, take good positions and aim while one keeps the supplicants in check. There is a proper strategy that lets you beat him with blue weapons even. Oracle disruptor was a useful perk, and near required on HM.

Crota was good on paper, but 5 players simply hammering a shield and one having to melee him didn't work out well imho. Oversoul perk was fucking useless and hive disruptor fucks Black Hammer. Its not well thought out at all.

Skolas without horn overkill and no solar burn, good luck. Its a badly designed fight, another one.

Zocano

Skolas without horn overkill and no solar burn, good luck. Its a badly designed fight, another one.

I think it's a really good fight but the adds just make it kind of miserable. They have to be there but not in that number. It just gets insanely stupid.

SkylineRKR

I think it's a really good fight but the adds just make it kind of miserable. They have to be there but not in that number. It just gets insanely stupid.

Will be another level check then. On 35 he can probably be steamrolled. The biggest challenge is the damage penalty as per usual.

Crota HM can now be killed with 1.5 swords, perhaps 1 sword, at level 33. Making it lol mode again.

Anyone up for a No Pressure run at ToO? Far from MLG but I do enjoy crucible. Not overly concerned with mercury, mainly just looking for the 5 win chest piece.

neoism

Anyone up for a No Pressure run at ToO? Far from MLG but I do enjoy crucible. Not overly concerned with mercury, mainly just looking for the 5 win chest piece.

I'll join psn ne0ism- couldn't get a vog hard going... I'm no let player either still fun ...

todd360

I'm awake and I think I caught whatever my sister has. My throat is soooo sore. The determination to go 9-0 is stronger than ever though. I hope I can find a good team today. I'm gonna shower and eat lunch + try to find sore throat medicine then get on destiny.

My brother (34 Titan) and I (34 warlock) are looking for one for Trials around noon EST on PS4.

PSN: MaizeRage25

Brother is very good and I am about average (around 1 k/d).

spyder_ur

My brother (34 Titan) and I (34 warlock) are looking for one for Trials around noon EST on PS4.

PSN: MaizeRage25

Brother is very good and I am about average (around 1 k/d).

I'm down - spyder_ur. Pretty good PVP player - got to 8 yesterday but lost the 9th. But really just aiming for the chest piece.

Anyone want to take a run at PoE 35?
Either that or I need two more wins to get the chest piece for my Warlock. So I'd be good with running ToO as well.

Shito

I'm starting to work on the things I missed not during the raids for months: a friend helped us do templar hard.
Got Found Verdict: is it still any good? I've been swimming in shotguns lately...
For her good deeds the friend who helped and carried the relic finally got Fatebringer, she was so happy that I wasn't even jealous. ^^

Zocano

Will be another level check then. On 35 he can probably be steamrolled. The biggest challenge is the damage penalty as per usual.

Crota HM can now be killed with 1.5 swords, perhaps 1 sword, at level 33. Making it lol mode again.

I dunno, the under level thing is weird. Always being under level makes it hard to judge how much damage you can take but it actually makes having level different teammates not as damaging because the level deficit from one level under to two is less damaging than from on level to one under.

There's always pressure Grim, especially when you go 8-0 and lose the first round of the final match! Aim for Mercury and not lower ;)

Just won a skirmish match playing with randoms against a team. We were losing but I switched to hawkmoon and got 15 kills to get us to victory by 200 points! Such a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom