• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemiLP

Wow, i actually managed to get 7 wins! I never thought that would be possible. The first few times i tryed it, i went 0-3 :p

Not sure if the teams we played against was really bad, or my team was good :p

Ken

End of the day I'd give HoW a 5/10. I'm already getting ready to edge all my characters rep, work on getting my marks to cap, and cleaning up my inventory so its all ready for the next xpac. It hasn't even been a week and I feel pretty much done with HoW and can muster pretty much no desire or excitement for any of the new gear, except for the flawless ToO gear which is out of my reach.

Yeah, aside from PvP, PoE really doesn't have legs reward-wise. I doubt anyone cares about armor cores anymore with Etheric Light flowing so freely, and the anti-Fallen weapons from weapon cores are mostly jokes. I'll still keep running them for a few more weeks though cause they're fun enough.

As a returning player I would rate HoW a little higher cause it is a nice catch-up patch for people who quit before TDB. Getting to 34 has allowed me to check out all the old raids I never got to do so I'll be spending a bit more time with the game running them. Also all the QoL changes are really good; from material exchange to simplification of the upgrade system away from shards and energy it's definitely a more enjoyable game coming back to it from the days of 5 maximum bounties and no vault space.

In the end though, given that this is supposed to be an expansion and not a patch it is certainly lacking but it does feel like Destiny is somewhat heading in the right direction so I'll be back on the Comet train. Maybe.

Ken

Besides the weapons no one actually uses ToO gear right? 170 STR on Titan chest is lol. The Warlock one is a little better with Discipline. Not sure what Hunter is.

This game needs a vanity system badly, though that'll require way more vault space.

Deku Tree

Besides the weapons no one actually uses ToO gear right? 170 STR on Titan chest is lol. The Warlock one is a little better with Discipline. Not sure what Hunter is.

All the gear this week is STR in both ToO and PoE. Yeah it seems lol. I think bungie wants you to keep grinding for more gear with better stats later on probably.

Gotta say that I'm really happy with the quality of life stuff, but the actual content isn't thrilling me at all. I'm in no hurry to go home and play PoE or ToO.

Trials was a mess for me yesterday, and being responsible for people losing their buffs due to my performance is just icing on the cake.

Then with PoE, after grinding 3 28's I have no interest in doing a 32 and 34 and 35 for two e-lights. I also feel that with ToO and 3 levels of PoE, the end game is a bit fractured and harder to find groups to play with.

I'm not complaining since it's so nice out, and I have less gaming time... just observing.

This game needs a vanity system badly, though that'll require way more vault space.
Hunter is Intellect/Strength like every other damn vendor Hunter chest in the game except for FWC. That makes it two DLCs in a row now that Cayde is selling that.
Seriously, I don't need Strength at all Bungie. If I did I'd wear an exotic that added it, not have such a low amount on a chest.

ocean

Banned
Hunter is Intellect/Strength like every other damn vendor Hunter chest in the game except for FWC. That makes it two DLCs in a row now that Cayde is selling that.
Seriously, I don't need Strength at all Bungie. If I did I'd wear an exotic that added it, not have such a low amount on a chest.
Vanguard has Intellect Discipline and Hc reload Hunter Gauntlets - all is forgiven <3

I'm just using it because it gets me to 34. Once I have more Etheric light, then I can actually build a set I want.

Gotta say that I'm really happy with the quality of life stuff, but the actual content isn't thrilling me at all. I'm in no hurry to go home and play PoE or ToO.

Trials was a mess for me yesterday, and being responsible for people losing their buffs due to my performance is just icing on the cake.

Then with PoE, after grinding 3 28's I have no interest in doing a 32 and 34 and 35 for two e-lights. I also feel that with ToO and 3 levels of PoE, the end game is a bit fractured and harder to find groups to play with.

I'm not complaining since it's so nice out, and I have less gaming time... just observing.

I'm having trouble finding people cause of 3 player fireteams for both ToO and PoE. I'm about to just say fuck it and stop caring tbh

MM would make life a lot easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom