• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

I still don't understand how they thought it would be a good idea to give so many of them for ToO. It makes no sense at all, and is the only balance point I feel is really unfair between PVE and PVP.

How is that even possible. So many weapons.

Lol. Upgrade VoG and CE Armor n all 3 characters. That's what I'm doing.

Only if you got the teams to get you through trials.

I agree with Shito, though.

I've already upgraded the good ones. Fatebringer, Vision, Black Hammer, Found Verdict, Corrective Measure....etc

I think I'll do Word of Crota, Sword Breaker, and Hunger of Crota... and then possibly do the armor sets.

Kind of nuts how much you get...

I bet by next week when people get Etheric from a nightfall it will be more like getting shards and coins again :p

Ji66a-Man

Thank you UnstabIe and Breezy for taking me to the sunburn planet.
2WBOmK5.jpg

Ken

Looks like I got skipped over on Unstable's train last night. I was only offline for ~25 mins but when I logged back on he was still playing with the same two that he was before I logged off.

I guess I just need to accept that seeing Mercury isn't going to happen for me. I played nearly three hours of Skirmish afterwards and only had two or three really good games the entire time.

Maybe zoba will be kind enough to carry me at some point :/

Mercury isn't going anywhere, you know. Can try again next weekend or the one after and so on.

I've already upgraded the good ones. Fatebringer, Vision, Black Hammer, Found Verdict, Corrective Measure....etc

I think I'll do Word of Crota, Sword Breaker, and Hunger of Crota... and then possibly do the armor sets.

Kind of nuts how much you get...

I bet by next week when people get Etheric from a nightfall it will be more like getting shards and coins again :p

DO NOT waste etheric light on word and hunger. C'mon, seriously.

noomi

DO NOT waste etheric light on word and hunger. C'mon, seriously.

I mean what else is left?

I've already done all the good weapons, might as well start upgrading the not so great ones. I'm not worried about armor upgrades at the moment.

Dave_6

Mercury isn't going anywhere, you know. Can try again next weekend or the one after and so on.

I know, I just want to get on a train while they're 'hot'. Too bad I'm stuck at work all day and that isn't helping my mood any.

SkylineRKR

hmm, I think I like Widow's Court. Lots of cover, sightlines... ranged and close both work. Only popped up for the first time, usually get the other ones I like less tbh (Thieves den and Black something)

SeanR1221

Man funny how I was rushing to get Etheric Light the begging of the week, and now I have more than I know what to do with... GG

Wait I don't follow this thread that closely.

How do you get them from ToO so easily? My cousin and I busted our asses trying to beat PoE 34 and we couldn't beat the final room

noomi

Wait I don't follow this thread that closely.

How do you get them from ToO so easily? My cousin and I busted our asses trying to beat PoE 34 and we couldn't beat the final room

You get one for 6 wins, one for 8 wins, and one for flawless.

Do this across 3 characters, and you got yourself a nice stack :)

I just want the chest piece from ToO. I dont see a lighthouse in my future.
Anyone think they can help in about an hour?
I already bought all the buffs so if my math is correct(which it often isnt), I only need 3 actual wins.

My PSN is vincentgrey. I'll be on in about an hour. Thanks.

Sullichin

Wow Nghtly got a 187 body shot with a not fully upgraded BH.

Does a 365 BH get a OHK body shot in ToO?

Same impact as Efrideet's, which I have never seen OHK bodyshot in Crucible or IB without final round. I don't think so, it would probably leave you with a sliver

nOoblet16

Wow Nghtly got a 187 body shot with a not fully upgraded BH.

Does a 365 BH get a OHK body shot in ToO?
No sniper can OHK in the game with body shot without final round. That is also too high a damage for 300 Blackhammer. Unless the guy getting shot was much lower levelled than Nghtly.

spyder_ur

Does ToO feel like it has staying power?

Honestly, while I really like this DLC, I'm not sure any of it has staying power. Most people who play alot are already 34 on at least one character, so there's not really a progression aspect. The variability of PoE seems pretty limited. There's no 'hard mode' coming or anything as far as I know.

I'm not sure what ToO will look like in a few weeks. Will elite players find it fun enough without skill-based matchmaking? Will lower level players find it intensely frustrating and give up? I expect Bungie to ease the requirements to get into Mercury. That will have a backlash, but this game has never locked the best gear behind a fairly high skill hurdle like this does.

The other thing is that there are no longer any 6-man end game activities. This is disappointing to me - coming back to do a raid every week with a bigger group kept me playing after TDB for far longer than I would have otherwise.

TP-DK

Finally took down Skolas after way too long. All I got was a crappy scout rifle.

I thought you were guaranteed a primary with elemental damage from Skolas. If you're not then what the hell is the point in spending on that broken fight.

Namikaze1

Finally took down Skolas after way too long. All I got was a crappy scout rifle.

I thought you were guaranteed a primary with elemental damage from Skolas. If you're not then what the hell is the point in spending on that broken fight.
Not guaranteed. It's all random.

noomi

Alright I gotta go be productive for the rest of the day, I might be back later for another shot at ToO. Would like try at least 8 wins for that gold package and some other goodies.

Hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day :)

BYE

nOoblet16

Yeah.... some people are weird....

What do you think about Preadyths Revenge in ToO? Was debating ascending it.
I don't have Predyth's Revenge :(
But it is a top tier weapon due to 100% stability and High RoF. Two body shots will kill but just barely since individual body shots won't do as much damage as another sniper with higher impact, with my Longbow if there is an enemy that has 80% health left a body shot will kill them but a Predyth won't and leave them with a sliver of health...so ascending it would definitely help as you want to get as much damage out of it as possible.

In normal crucible it doesn't matter.

Shito

Nothing is guaranteed with Skolas, all RNG.
I don't see the point in doing it either, I will stick to 32, and 34 once I'm 34. No need to burn myself on some stupid artificial difficulty like that... I hope some of you guys will take the slower pace approach as well, I don't want you to all burn out in two weeks and make it so I don't find anyone to do the 32 with anymore! :D

Nuszka

Trying to get on any trials trains , have not had much time to even play in that event properly. Unfortunately i work on weekends. If anyone can help me out please psn: Nuszka
I am not that heavy to be carried around.

c1rcae

I don't have Predyth's Revenge :(
But it is a top tier weapon due to 100% stability and High RoF. Two body shots will kill but just barely since individual body shots won't do as much damage as another sniper with higher impact, with my Longbow if there is an enemy that has 80% health left a body shot will kill them but a Predyth won't and leave them with a sliver of health...so ascending it would definitely help as you want to get as much damage out of it as possible.

In normal crucible it doesn't matter.

nooblet, ToO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom