• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Namikaze1

Hey bits,

Was talking with nami earlier, and we both need to do Skolas.

I'd love to do those with you guys today, but I won't be home until later (about 7hours). If you guys want to get it done earlier though that's fine as well. I'll be on when I get out of work :)
I I'll be doing them later in the day. Witcher calls for me. I can't resist it anymore. Just need to do one last crucible daily.

ocean

Banned
I have too much sssstrrreeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnggggggttttttthhhhh! Variks! Switch it up, bro!
Apparently the enemy specific perks work wonders. The charging super while in a Vex room for instance will give you an effect comparable to a very (very) high Intellect roll for what it's worth.

I'd love to run Skolas or the Hive Arc mine encounter with all the PoE perks but keeping 4x each armor piece sounds rough for inventory management...

nOoblet16

How do I know when Variks has my Queenbreaker ready?

It always give me the alert icon over reef saying thatI have rewards waiting to be claimed but when I arrive there, it's nothing !!

Abylim

Just had an IB match with a 23, 16 and a 7. Completely steam rolled them, rofl.

Was doing 50 dmg per head shot with Red Death, crazy fun!

Hyun Sai

Feels strange to have cleared PoE 34 and 35 X3 in 2 days lol.

The last Skolas fight last night was epic as fuck, one of the members didn't even have a void sniper, hell of a battle !

Well, that makes for a relaxing end of week I guess ^^

So has anyone completed skolas this week and not received the elder cipher? Seems like they made it a guaranteed drop.

One of my characters got the bugged version when Variks don't want to give it, the second got the "right" version, and the third got 2 at once lol.

I also think you always have a key from the 35 small chests, or all my groups were hella lucky.

It always give me the alert icon over reef saying thatI have rewards waiting to be claimed but when I arrive there, it's nothing !!

Go talk it him, it might be there. At least that's what happened with me after ~3 days of waiting.

Guys I'm done...I'm finally fuckin done with exams, the last ones ever !!

I still have a dissertation to write but for all intent and purpose I am done with my masters programme. I'll still go back to university but for a PhD and that's different than a student life of exams and assignments haha.

To celebrate this I'm gonna intoxicate myself with Destiny for a few days !

Congrats man! I'm doing my last course now (Laboratory Animal Course). Luckily I already did a lot of the stuff in my internship, so it's basically a free pass and a nice extra certificate to have. Last exam in 3 weeks, can't wait until I'm at your stage.

Jinjo

Managed to finish off Skolas yesterday with Mr-S & Jignxs. Completely legit too, we failed burning off the chains with the first servitor in our winning run, so we went for the long haul. It was tense, but a lot of fun. Add control is definitely the most important aspect especially before you trigger mine phases and always keep rotating sides. We definitely had some luck were Skolas wasn't right in our faces immediately after we changed sides though.

Void burn is definitely the best burn for Skolas. He needs some kind of burn or otherwise he is just a huge damage sponge, but Arc is just plain unfair and Solar just makes everyone turn to the Gjallarhorn strat. I won't mind if it stays at void. Still, not my most favourite boss in the game.

Picked up Elder Cipher too. Lord of Wolves here I come. Don't care what everyone says.

noomi

I just kept checking every day, then one day he had the green icon above his head and that was that.

sajj316

Ran 32 last night and took longer than it should have with the final boss. It does suck when a member doesn't have a jelly horn or any other fully upgraded rocket like Truth. In fact, it wasn't until I asked .. "Dude, is your truth upgraded yet" .. "'No, I didn't do the last damage upgrade and haven't ascended it .. I don't think it'll make a difference" .. crickets.

Hyun Sai

Void burn is definitely the best burn for Skolas. He needs some kind of burn or otherwise he is just a huge damage sponge, but Arc is just plain unfair and Solar just makes everyone turn to the Gjallarhorn strat. I won't mind if it stays at void. Still, not my most favourite boss in the game.

I agree, but I must say that Void Skolas is my favorite encounter after Atheon.

Him staying Void would be the best thing, but they also need to change the previous rounds to add some variety.

Marvel

could never
Guys, I think I'm a blink shotgun scumbag. :|

u9TvLF4.gif

Namikaze1

This is literally my best game in months. And with a Warlock no less. After all that bitching I did this past weekend about them too.

CGp6BScWcAEAWbH.jpg:orig

Also, I'm coming back with my Secret Handshake!

Anyone want to help me with PoE 35 x2 this morning?

Done Skolas once so far this week.

Will be online at 9:30am EST in about an hour.

Cosmos_Man

Namikaze1

Goddammit! Holy Ducky sent me a message that I accidentally deleted. Was trying to clear out my messages. I have a ton. Fuck. I'll never know what it said. :(

Ok great!

You've done Skolas before I'm assuming. This week yet?

Need 1 more for PoE 35!

I'm running either my Warlock or Hunter. What are you running?

I might have to back out, I've got something I have to do at 1030 that I forgot about @_@. I can try to help you get as far as possible though if nobody else is interested at that time. Coincidentally, if we did get to skolas, I've played him before and gotten him down to about 5% but never won....

I might have to back out, I've got something I have to do at 1030 that I forgot about @_@. I can try to help you get as far as possible though if nobody else is interested at that time. Coincidentally, if we did get to skolas, I've played him before and gotten him down to about 5% but never won....

No worries!

We don't have a third yet anyways. I'll be on in an hour and if you can't it's all good :)

Rude. So Drizzay was supposed to come back to the party saying "Hey I'll be right back!" turns out he's playing IB! So here's this funny thing.]

What a strange place for me to be trying to revive dead folks, hmm. I wonder why the orbs would have ended in such a compromised position! Groups of hobgoblins are super annoying btw.

Also, I already told you crazy kids I wasn't going to do another PoE 35, had to leave shortly thereafter anyway. I meant to send a message but when the IB train gets rolling it's hard to slow down. Choo-choo!

Top Bottom