• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What's the best LFG request you can think of? Kadey has inspired me with her fantastic requests :)

Looking for 5 to make up hm VOG group. Must all have 365 Gjallarhorns and be level 34. Must have chocolatey voices and be able to take direction. Must not speak to each other and only speak to me, addressing me as "Raid Leader".

noomi

Going by that link, isnt the Party Crasher better due to the Aim Assist?

Well, they both have pro's/cons's. Some people like the matador for the extra impact... I say they are pretty much on par.

I got my party crasher with aggressive ballistics, shot pkg, rifled barrel and kneepads.

God roll, it's awesome.

Well, they both have pro's/cons's. Some people like the matador for the extra impact... I say they are pretty much on par.

I got my party crasher with aggressive ballistics, shot pkg, rifled barrel and kneepads.

God roll, it's awesome.

That's the scumbag roll ;)

Yeah the amount of Thorns is ludicrous, very boring.

I think TLW is much better. But it's kind of obvious how much Hand Cannons are better than everything else. 99% of what I see are either TLW, Thorn, or Hawkmoon. I think they're fine. Maybe a slight nerf to TLW and Thorn. Just buff everything else a little bit so they're on par.

Bungie will probably nerf hand cannons into the ground though. It'll be auto rifles all over again. I can see the next meta being scout and pulse rifles. Might be time to start leveling up that MIDA.

Kyne

Ah newbie raid may throw off my ability to PoE at the scheduled time tonight...

BTW Kyne, did you and shady want to grab the spots? I was about to post the signups again.

Rasen/Rollo, you'll probably need to grab LTWood to help you out. Then hopefully I can get a group after for some late night Skolas.

Can't believe I haven't played any IB or done a Nightfall yet this week. crazy.

yeah, we're down. Haven't ran it on our alts. Want us to sign up?

I have a Party Crasher +1 with CQB/Shot Package/Reinforced Barrel/Kneepads. It's near-perfect. It has max range, and I can slide for forever.

But I do miss that 10% damage buff Aggressive Ballistics would have given me (or even the 5% FC/Accurized gives). There are times when I almost kill dudes, and I know Aggressive would have dropped them. It hurts a little.

I'm keeping the roll, because I don't have a ton of weapon parts right now. But, if I get a Matador (or a Felwinter's from IB), I'm rerolling for better ballistics and shot package over everything else.

I just got a Matador and have a question. Will any of the new range perks + agressive/shot package meet the max range for shotguns?

I rolled mine a bunch and got the perk that adds range but reduces the mag size, lined barrell I think, and it didn't seem to add as much range as rifled barrel. Should I reroll?

I think TLW is much better. But it's kind of obvious how much Hand Cannons are better than everything else. 99% of what I see are either TLW, Thorn, or Hawkmoon. I think they're fine. Maybe a slight nerf to TLW and Thorn. Just buff everything else a little bit so they're on par.

Bungie will probably nerf hand cannons into the ground though. It'll be auto rifles all over again. I can see the next meta being scout and pulse rifles. Might be time to start leveling up that MIDA.

I dont see a problem at all with Hand cannons. The guns in this game are pretty level at this point IMO

zewone

I just got a Matador and have a question. Will any of the new range perks + agressive/shot package meet the max range for shotguns?

I rolled mine a bunch and got the perk that adds range but reduces the mag size, lined barrell I think, and it didn't seem to add as much range as rifled barrel. Should I reroll?

Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Smallbore, Luck in The Chamber is the preferred roll

Bradach

What's the best LFG request you can think of? Kadey has inspired me with her fantastic requests :)

Looking for 5 to make up hm VOG group. Must all have 365 Gjallarhorns and be level 34. Must have chocolatey voices and be able to take direction. Must not speak to each other and only speak to me, addressing me as "Raid Leader".
Lol
I'd be interested in VoG but I don't have very long to play. 45 mins or so.

Also my voice isn't very chocolatey

GhaleonEB

So I think my regular Destiny play is going to remain a mix of daily story missions, Petra bounties, level 28 Prison of Elders (the fun one), Dragon strikes and 3x Nightfall and weekly Heroic strikes for the foreseeable future. I don't have time to do them all on each character, but it's a good mix of activities and they're all very fun. Destiny is at the point where there's so much to do I can pick and choose what to do with each character each week and have very little repetition.

I'll be down for the odd raid, and when/if the level 32/34 PoE's are made more reasonable, I'll gladly join in those. I just don't like how they are designed currently (void burn + mine dismantling? Nope. Nope. Nope.)

It means I'll progress to 34 at a snail's pace, as I got one etheric light from six Nightfall runs so far, but I think that's my only viable path for now without playing modes I don't enjoy. I'm kind of frustrated that my level progress is stymied, but as was pointed out to me on Twitter this morning, if I'm not playing the level 34 activities or ToO, there's not a lot of point of being level 34 to begin with.

Ha, you pretty much restated my question that the guy you quoted responded to. Hopefully we'll both get an answer.

I dont see a problem at all with Hand cannons. The guns in this game are pretty level at this point IMO

I agree for the most part. But not all the gun types are equal. If they were you'd see a much more varied use in PvP. But all I've really seen is Thorn, TLW, and Hawkmoon. I'm not saying to nerf them.

But slightly buff other things to make them on par with those guns.

Dave_6

Think I've got 3 pretty damn good shottys. Along with the vendor Secret Handshake, I have:

Matador 64 (solar) w/Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Reinforced Barrel and Luck in the Chamber

Party Crasher (arc) w/Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Reinforced Barrel and Final Round

Took a few rolls to get Matador with those perks but only one roll to get the PC with those.

Now to re-roll my new BTRD-345 (what do I need to look for?) and get my old Spear to some ideal PvE perks.

I agree for the most part. But not all the gun types are equal. If they were you'd see a much more varied use in PvP. But all I've really seen is Thorn, TLW, and Hawkmoon. I'm not saying to nerf them.

If they nerf TLW I seriously might stop playing pvp. That gun makes it enjoyable for me.

zewone

but as was pointed out to me on Twitter this morning, if I'm not playing the level 34 activities or ToO, there's not a lot of point of being level 34 to begin with.

Whoever said that is smart. :cool:
Holy shit really? That's my exact roll.

Happy dance time.

Me too!

AXJbkzr.jpg

I still think they nerfed Auto Rifles too hard. I can't imagine a Crucible where Suros was good (let alone king like I've heard it was).

Dave_6

I still think they nerfed Auto Rifles too hard. I can't imagine a Crucible where Suros was good (let alone king like I've heard it was).

Played against someone last night that was doing very well with one. He/she seemed to be very good at PvP anyways though.

I remember when it was. I used Mythoclast at that time. It was much better.

Bungie's issue is that they're trying to balance PvE and PvP at the same time. That's not going to work. They need to be independent of each other in order for both to even have the chance of being somewhat balanced.

nOoblet16

Actually Reinforced Barrel/Riffle Barreled have more of a range boost than Smallbore (at least according to Nooblet, who usually knows his stuff!).

This helped me a lot (not sure how accurate it is, but must be close): http://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/37auty/house_of_wolves_shotgun_reforge_megathread/
Yea Rienforced is best because it reduces stability and it's the most useless Stat on a low RoF shotgun so it doesn't matter at all
Rifled Barrel reduces reload speed.

Small bore reduces magazine size AND reload speed (so it's the worst)

I had a party crasher, matador and Felwinters drop for me yesterday in IB.

My Felwinters I re rolled with shot package, rifled barrel and kneepads BUT with no aggressive ballistics. No aggressive ballistics but have field choke.

Should I take a chance and re roll for aggressive ballistics or no?

Daemul

Hell no, the TTK in Crucible is already too low, Bungie need to increase it and not reduce it even further by making everything as OP as the exotic HC's.

Rasengan/Rollo, I'd love to help you out if I get use of the TV tonight (not sure that I will). If so I'm game, if not it'll be Remote Play Iron Banner for me.

I'm game. What time do you think you'd be on tonight? If we could start it earlier than 9PM that would be better I guess. I can't stay up until 2 AM on a work night again LOL.

lt519

I need to glimmer farm, spent too much re-rolling weapons. It's addicting. Anyone have the checkpoint and want to?

Deku Tree

Hell no, the TTK in Crucible is already too low, Bungie need to increase it not reduce it even further by making everything as OP as the exotic HC's.

No TTK is way too fast.
Bring back the Halo TTKs.
The popularity CoD FPS mechanics has ruined everything.

Top Bottom