• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

vctor182

Being serious for a minute. I didn't find it as good and I'm not sure how to use the perk. Hard Light is a really good-feeling gun to use, because it seems hefty and makes a great sound while I found MC just to be a bit boring.

Crappy short-attention-span players like me need hand cannon crutches though - if I used an auto rifle in Crucible (not to mention Iron Banner) I'd be slaughtered.

Hey I used Suros yesterday for a few matches and did surprisingly really good, I even won a few 1 on 1 against Thorn. Maybe it's because players think they're a joke and tend to be more reckless and they forget that the more I fire the more damage I'm gonna be doing.

How far were ya'll getting? We did better once we decided to just do what damage we could at the start, but then to just keep moving around the outside of the map as a group as ads built up. Spent a lot of time taking out ads, then doing nominal damage to Skolas. I wasn't even using a high impact sniper. And we didn't use weapons of light either, but Blessing for the added durability. W/ 365 Praedyth's Revenge I could consistently get 5 or 6 headshots in one mag @ around 4,200 damage apiece, and 365 corrective measure if he was close up, and that would burn him up real good.

whenever we got to the first round of mines, we would wipe due to the adds. i'm going to try to re-roll my efrideet's spear and try using that for DPS next attempt. thanks for the tips, we were doing something very similar, but just not getting past the first round of mines.

Kyne

It was date night yesterday. Can you guess how we spent it?

IMG_20150604_114632_zpsbld8cmfh.jpg

Pretty sure she has more hours clocked in than me. I'm at like 400... :(

nOoblet16

Sure it does. I've ran into countless people that I've killed after they shot first. TLW takes a lot of skill to use it like Zoba.
Dude..no it doesn't.
Saying "like Zoba" won't make it magically harder to use, any gun will be great to use when it's used by players like Zoba. It gets thrown around a lot that the gun is very hard to use and as such used as a counter to why it doesn't require a nerf. The TLW has an initial learning curve but it's not immensely difficult to master and this is almost unanimously agreed, it took me 2 days to get used to it and I am pretty damn proficient at it...I always do stuff with TLW and throwing knives just like Zoba does. Sure I don't get as many kills but that's not because of my ability to use the gun but because Zoba has superior map control and game plan in his mind than me.

Snipes424

It was date night yesterday. Can you guess how we spent it?

Pretty sure she has more hours clocked in than me. I'm at like 400... :(

Lol, my girlfriend and I play in different rooms and face time each other. It must look/sound crazy from the outside, but it works for us.

E92 M3

I applied to join. Thanks!

Don't see your request. Sure you joined the right group lol?

Dude..no it doesn't.
Saying "like Zoba" won't make it magically harder to use, any gun will be great to use when it's used by players like Zoba. It gets thrown around a lot that the gun is very hard to use and as such used as a counter to why it doesn't require a nerf. The TLW has an initial learning curve but it's not immensely difficult to master and this is almost unanimously agreed, it took me 2 days to get used to it and I am pretty damn proficient at it...I always do stuff with TLW and throwing knives just like Zoba does. Sure I don't get as many kills but that's not because of my ability to use the gun but because Zoba has superior map control and game plan in his mind than me.

I am just talking from experience and I've faced a lot of TLW users.

Deku Tree

Hmm game.

Looks like what your looking at was programmed by the tower ghost guy and not Bungie though.

I think there was a thread on B.net where Bungie people confirmed that 347 Vesta and Fate of all Fools are not currently obtainable in the game. But I'm not 100% sure if they only confirmed one or both or which one they were asked about. But definately one of them. And I don't have links or anything.

Shito

Lol, my girlfriend and I play in different rooms and face time each other. It must look/sound crazy from the outside, but it works for us.
My girlfriend and I play in the same room. I'm on the couch, and she plays on her desk right behind me.
My main problem is that if I don't mute her when we play with other friends I get to hear her say something twice with an echo, but if I mute her the sounds from the game and the other people make it so I don't understand what she's saying anymore.
#crazypeopleproblems :D

Zocano

TLW requires a lot of skill to kill at the fastest time possible. Not everyone is Zoba. Secondly, players should be rewarded with quickest TTK if they mastered the gun.

And then at high skill game it just becomes TLW and everyone has low TTK. That isn't an excuse for the gun.

Mindlog

Lunch Destiny was fun. I was pretty sure I didn't suck at this game.
Had one of my best Clash matches ever. My last two deaths were from pressing to finish the map before our team lost. All on Cauldron without a hand cannon or shotgun. Vex and Black Hammer got my back.

Prime example of wanting things weakened because you don't like getting killed fast. I can't remember the last time someone killed me with 2 headshots using TLW. Secondly, Thorn can be countered due to it's low rate of fire. No one wants to play a homogenized game.

Prime example of making an awful assumption.

I said TTK needs to come down in general. Thorn can two shot without double head shots and I was personally wrecking level 34 opponents in Iron Banner with a Vex that only has 315 Attack.

Weapon Balance is not perfect and oddly enough, the TTK's were more appropriate when AR's dominated the Meta. Now that AR's are less effective and people need to have very specific stats and mod rolls to get strong Pulses for mid-range.. that makes it easier to just rely on Handcannons. So people roll TLW for mid-range. Thorn because it can actually out-snipe a sniper rifle at a lot of angles on many of the small and medium maps (and the dot makes the fight more predictable).

It's fine for guns to have their strengths but they need to have legitimate weaknesses and Thorn's only weakness is very close quarters and Vex's weakness.. well honestly it doesn't really have one that I've found yet. TLW could use a harder dmg drop off at range.. and Hawkmoon I think is in a good place. Range is countered by recoil and dmg is countered by RoF.

noomi

Lunch Destiny was fun. I was pretty sure I didn't suck at this game.
Had one of my best Clash matches ever. My last two deaths were from pressing to finish the map before our team lost. All on Cauldron without a hand cannon or shotgun. Vex and Black Hammer got my back.

Dat KD.... damn dude.

I think my best ever KD was like 5 lol

Marvel

could never
So how would one acquire the fourth horseman shotgun? one of the few exotics left I really would like.

Lnkn52

Fate of All Fools no longer in the data mine?

Looks like what your looking at was programmed by the tower ghost guy and not Bungie though.

I think there was a thread on B.net where Bungie people confirmed that 347 Vesta and Fate of all Fools are not currently obtainable in the game. But I'm not 100% sure if they only confirmed one or both or which one they were asked about. But definately one of them. And I don't have links or anything.

I was just messing around with the features of the extension. The data seems to be grabbing from Bungie and/or DestinyDB.

I'm in total honeymoon mode with this game right now. I just smile and laugh through all the stupidity. Exotic Hand Cannons are great, Blink is great, 4 mile range shotguns are great, getting FoPed when you're one shot away from killing a Titan is great. It's all great to me. At some point we're going to have to accept the game as is, because I don't think the game will ever be balanced the way people want. It'll just change every time people get sick of a certain weapon, and I don't think that's the way to maintain a competitive multiplayer game.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. Well stated.

Shito

So how would one acquire the fourth horseman shotgun? one of the few exotics left I really would like.
Got mine from a roc playlist strike. My only one from a random strike, and I was very lucky on this, so I wouldn't advise farming them for it. ^^

Deku Tree

Available via RNG only... can drop from NF and DS and NM Crota and HM Crota and possibly also the big chest in PoE with a key. It will not drop from VoG. Also a low chance for it to drop from Crucible and Dragon Strikes (like a 1% chance I think).

CE raid however seems to have a much higher chance of dropping the TDB exotics so there is that...

Prediction/Desire for a future expansion.

1. Elemental shields as a perk on guardian armor
2. Bosses that gain health/become invulnerable when hit by wolf-pack rounds.
3. Make the class specific items do something (A perk, additional armor... literally anything)
4. Go full Phantasy Star. Let us customize/find new Ghosts, and have us level them up by feeding them unwanted items.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hey I used Suros yesterday for a few matches and did surprisingly really good, I even won a few 1 on 1 against Thorn. Maybe it's because players think they're a joke and tend to be more reckless and they forget that the more I fire the more damage I'm gonna be doing.

I missed this. The art of deception! I'd love to get a Suros. Such a futuristic looking gun.

Deku Tree

3. Make the class specific items do something (A perk, additional armor... literally anything)
4. Go full Phantasy Star. Let us customize/find new Ghosts, and have us level them up by feeding them unwanted items.

At one point in development it looks like there were other ghost models in the game. Seems kind of strange to have a selectable ghost slot just for the standard one vs the pre order ghost. Also there are other unobtainable ghost models from data mines. I'm not really sure why they decided to take them out.

Lothars

I think that's a terrible way to go about fixing gjallhorn. There's other ways they can go about it.

Top Bottom