• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

My main problem is I don't like different power tiers at spawn. Just stupid and at some point there's no reason to run anything but hand cannons (i.e. TLW)

effective ranges play a part in it so I'm not saying that hand cannons should be unequivocally better than autos. But because autos are much easier to use, they should not have the same potential as hand cannons.

Zocano

I'll post again just in case.

Need 1 more for PoE 35 (fresh)! Help out Ji66a_man and I

please have a decent void sniper

effective ranges play a part in it so I'm not saying that hand cannons should be unequivocally better than autos. But because autos are much easier to use, they should not have the same potential as hand cannons.
I'm fine with HCs being a high risk/high rewards weapon, as long as they stay in their own ideal distance range.

Nothing is more frustrating that getting 2HKO by a thorn from Scout Rifle range.

I need 225 more points on my elder cipher bounty, so I'll run poe 32 again. Need 2 more on PS4. And then I have to choose between the Queenbreaker or Lord of Wolves again. Argh.

I'm fine with HCs being a high risk/high rewards weapon, as long as they stay in their own ideal distance range.

Nothing is more frustrating that getting 2HKO by a thorn from Scout Rifle range.

That's a problem with Thorn first and hand cannons second.

But yes, generally speaking, the tier refers to weapon versatility.

This is gorgeous. I've been intending to make similar graphics, but I've spent my available time playing, instead. Thanks for this.

Edit: ugh. Sorry for the second wasted top of page post in as many days (I think).

Edit 2: I don't NECESSARILY agree with or endorse the specific range gradients, or the general bucket (e.g. I dont really see autorifles as the 'up close" gun; I'd probably put autos between HC and pulse, put fusion and HC in almost the same space, and have shotguns at the extreme "close" end. But this IS the exact concept I was visualizing.

Thanks! Yeah, that makes sense. Leave the close up engagements to special weapons.

Zechs

I just reached level 32 and I've never done a single raid, weekly nightfall or PoE that requires friends and I am participating in my first IB now. I am in dire need of Etherics (I think). Can some people add me to their friends list and help? I usually play around 8 pm EST on PSN for a few hours. ID is Zechs34. Thanks! This thread moves fast.

E92 M3

I hope thorn gets nerfed into the ground. What a joke of a weapon.

I hope it stays the same so you can get annoyed and stop playing rather then have other people lose their fun because you can't deal with it. I don't use Thorn, but wouldn't want it to get nerfed.

daedalius

I hope it stays the same so you can get annoyed and stop playing rather then have other people lose their fun because you can't deal with it. I don't use Thorn, but wouldn't want it to get nerfed.

I'd rather see Thorn nerfed than everything else buffed to be up to par.

It is probably the best overall pvp weapon in the game currently.

X-Frame

Forgive me for being late to the party on the Warlock's "Ram" exotic helm, but I just realized what its signature perk does ..

Warlock's already can match a Titan's maximum armor stat and now they get a helm to further boost armor AND trigger Life Steal ON HIT? Life Steal which returns health instantly and starts health regeneration while taking damage? Normally Life Steal only triggers on a kill. Geez.

If only Titans had an exotic that triggered Force Barrier on hit ...

So Warlock's can have more armor with a better melee (more range) over Titans? Or am I missing something.

squadr0n

Anyone on PS4 looking for people to do the Nightfall or either of the Raids atm? Lvl 31 Warlock looking to get in a group for some better drops! Id even consider doing the L32 Prison of Elders too, havent done it yet though.

PS4 SN: Squadon

Yes. Best sniper perk.
Well that's nice.

Really would like extended mag...don't wanna take a chance tho.
11270559_404588149747944_4313073400093712107_o.jpg

Kinda playing around with perks right now. Really enjoying the game right now. Beside the vault issue.

PuMa

Well that's nice.

Kinda playing around with perks right now. Really enjoying the game right now. Beside the vault issue.

Nice roll. I have the same thing on a Her Mercy, and it's fun to play with.

Mindlog

Thorn's biggest problem.
Too many shots.
I was happy with 6. Six was fine when you landed your shots. Nine shots was a PvE buff that didn't work because Thorn still isn't that great at PvE.

Its a hand cannon with a 2 shot headshot, a bleed and what seems like the same range as a scout rifle. On its own it is bearable, when an entire team uses it then it's evident this weapon is too powerful.

IB has become a nightmare after people have realised how much it dominated in ToO.

Owensboro

Anyone on PS4 looking for people to do the Nightfall or either of the Raids atm? Lvl 31 Warlock looking to get in a group for some better drops! Id even consider doing the L32 Prison of Elders too, havent done it yet though.

PS4 SN: Squadon

I'm down for a nightfall. Need to do it on two characters.

PSN: OwensboroEsq

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well that's nice.

Especially if you mean for PvE, there are a zillion potentially viable HC perk combos you can roll for, it's definitely personal preference.

You got yourself a Lil' Hawkmoon there, I like it. What's the tradeoff perk option (Up/Down icon)?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yes the old weapons keep their old perk trees.

That is SO awesome!!!
* you all better not be trolling me*

I have a full vault, and both Vanguard and Crucible marks are full/near full.
I would happily pay 100 marks for faction shaders. 1500 hours into this game and still not a single faction shader.

Give me something to spend these marks on please...

Kyne

That is SO awesome!!!

I would happily pay 100 marks for faction shaders. 1500 hours into this game and still not a single faction shader.

100? Fuck. I'd pay 200 per shader.

rc213

Nice, Love Gaf. Got my Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence to 365. Got 1 Armor Core and 2 Weapon Cores. Nothing worth picking up with the cores?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That is SO awesome!!!

Why would we be trolling you?

OG Iron Banner weapons are the only "old school" weapons that are rerollable at all, so they are rare and valuable possessions.

Top Bottom