• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

SkylineRKR

Its a hand cannon with a 2 shot headshot, a bleed and what seems like the same range as a scout rifle. On its own it is bearable, when an entire team uses it then it's evident this weapon is too powerful.

IB has become a nightmare after people have realised how much it dominated in ToO.

ToO also made me realize how much I fucking hate Pantheon. Worst map in the game.

Anyway, yeah, I wouldn't mind a Thorn nerf. Less Range and back to 6 bullets would be fine. It would still be a mid range beast, and if you're good you can still frag 2 and cripple a third or frag 3. You just have to rely on headshots more.

Or make the DoT only active on headshots. Dunno if it would make sense but it should reduce spam.

Especially if you mean for PvE, there are a zillion potentially viable HC perk combos you can roll for, it's definitely personal preference.

You got yourself a Lil' Hawkmoon there, I like it. What's the tradeoff perk option (Up/Down icon)?
Braced frame. :/

Kinda sucks with the low mag already.
Edit: if I wouldn't keep the current perks.

Kyne

Someone mentioned that ToO showed people how op thorn is. It's true. IB is a shit show now. On some maps I have to switch out TLW for Thorn and it disgusts me.

Predictions for the Trials map this week? Asylum is my pick.

Asylum is a good bet I think.

I'm worried it's going to be Cauldron. That map is terrible for me, personally.

I'd say the most likely maps are going to be the near symmetrical ones.

Thieves Den
Asylum
Firebase Delphi
Cauldron
Black Shield

Edit: All you haters... Asylum is a great 3v3 map.

SkylineRKR

Half the maps in the playlist have no business being in Control, the entire thing is a mess.

Even more bad is how my playlist usually ends up being:

Cauldron -> Mercury -> Pantheon > Asylum > Cauldron. And then a rare Rusted Lands or Blind Watch after all these.

daedalius

Gotta play IB to get dat etheric light

Unless you have a team for ToO, then you're just swimming in it.

I can't get my halo friend to play :(

I wonder if Bungie ever considered CTF? (1 flag and 2 flag) It'd be damn fun to be on the PvP team and try out all kinds of gametypes.

King of the Hill aka Salvage would be kind of interesting with 6v6, like on bastion and skyshook haha. I'd give it all a try.

Nice just killed Skolas for the first time (I know...didn't bother last 2 weeks) and got 2 Elder Cyphers. When I gave it to Variks it didn't let me choose the weapons twice but only once.
Considering that you get to choose at the end again, I assume that I can pick two different ones then right?

Thanks Akai and Blaze for the Skolas and NF run!

I wonder if Bungie ever considered CTF? It'd be damn fun to be on the PvP team and try out all kinds of gametypes.
It would be kinda hard with all the one hit kills in this game. Kill times are pretty short if you were comparing this to CTF Halo.

If only we had custom games. we could mess with the rules. No supers etc.

Daemul

Even more bad is how my playlist usually ends up being:

Cauldron -> Mercury -> Pantheon > Asylum > Cauldron. And then a rare Rusted Lands or Blind Watch after all these.

its nothing but trash

really not having as much fun with IB this time around as i thought i would :(

Control was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

I mean, we can rag on about all the OP weapons being used in IB, but the shitty maps are really not helping matters.

Valus strike?

:p

Nah, a proper strike, where I just won't play.

I really don't understand the Thorn hate. Is it because everyone seems to use it? Are the people complaining about it the ones who don't actually have the weapon?

The worst thing about PvP to me is the fact that people still run around with specials, specifically shotguns. Blink + shotgun is OP as fuck if you ask me.

Deku Tree

Seems like getting two Ether Cyphers at once is a bug... has anyone gotten two ether cyphers at the same time and finished it yet? Do you get two exotics out of it? Somehow I am doubtful... this only started after the latest patch.

blazeuk

Finally beat Skolas with Robinson and Akai, can't see myself wanting to do that again especially when it gave me nothing. At least the treasure chest gives the ship/shader/emblem after that otherwise I'd have walked away from it wondering what all the effort was for.

joecanada

ToO also made me realize how much I fucking hate Pantheon. Worst map in the game.

Anyway, yeah, I wouldn't mind a Thorn nerf. Less Range and back to 6 bullets would be fine. It would still be a mid range beast, and if you're good you can still frag 2 and cripple a third or frag 3. You just have to rely on headshots more.

Or make the DoT only active on headshots. Dunno if it would make sense but it should reduce spam.

every goddamn nerf just leads back to shotguns all over crucible... fusion rifle nerf was totally unneccessary shotguns still dominated then.

I don't know why people love nerf to everything and then just want to run around with shotguns all match. that's literally all I see now in IB. I can do the same thing I have multiple shotguns for pvp but its so boring.

I wonder if Bungie ever considered CTF? (1 flag and 2 flag) It'd be damn fun to be on the PvP team and try out all kinds of gametypes.

King of the Hill aka Salvage would be kind of interesting with 6v6, like on bastion and skyshook haha. I'd give it all a try.

I haven't seen the source, but word on the street is Bungie tried to steer away from any PvP gametype that involves a single person being responsible for gaining a point for a team.

No single person flag runner, bomb carrier, or ball holder.

Thus all the deathmatch and deathmatch variants that we have now.

Though, Salvage is at least a good sub for King of the Hill.

Would still love a Juggernaut mode with the Sword of Crota.

Fehyd

Banned
effective ranges play a part in it so I'm not saying that hand cannons should be unequivocally better than autos. But because autos are much easier to use, they should not have the same potential as hand cannons.

That all falls apart though when you start using exotics, when something like thorn is basically a combat casualty with a body shot and the DoT.

I should not be having sniper battles with handcannons.

Then again I have a tough time judging handcannons because all I ever see is Thorn.

joecanada

Yeah..but...explosive rounds. :)

Wait have they ever patched explosive rounds? because they were terrible before, only leaking damage off headshots onto body, not doing anything except a bit of stun... a lot of people were fooled by this in the past....

the only reason to ever use explosive rds in the past was against thrall or if you were trying to disorient snipers or something in pvp ...

Finally beat Skolas with Robinson and Akai, can't see myself wanting to do that again especially when it gave me nothing. At least the treasure chest gives the ship/shader/emblem after that otherwise I'd have walked away from it wondering what all the effort was for.

Yesss? Yeah got the shader/emblem/ship and don't feel the need doing it again. At least I got two Elder Cyphers, but kind of skeptical if I can get two weapons out of it. I'll have to do some Queen's bounties/farming for some Treasure Keys.

Wait have they ever patched explosive rounds? because they were terrible before, only leaking damage off headshots onto body, not doing anything except a bit of stun... a lot of people were fooled by this in the past....

the only reason to ever use explosive rds in the past was against thrall or if you were trying to disorient snipers or something in pvp ...
That's what I thought too.

SkylineRKR

every goddamn nerf just leads back to shotguns all over crucible... fusion rifle nerf was totally unneccessary shotguns still dominated then.

I don't know why people love nerf to everything and then just want to run around with shotguns all match. that's literally all I see now in IB. I can do the same thing I have multiple shotguns for pvp but its so boring.

They did nerf special ammo though. And Shotties are rather poor from beyond close range.

They could remove blink

FR nerf was sort of pointless, though they did hit from ridiculous range sometimes. I had some hilarious matches with Plan C which felt like easy mode at times.

PuMa

That's what I thought too.

I don't think there is currently an issue with it.

Best explanation I could find...

https://www.bungie.net/uR/Forum/Post/87041636/0/0

EDIT: Well, shit. I guess I'm supposed to do something at the top 'o the page here.

ezTWISWAGjZFm.gif

Top Bottom