• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

rNilla

@Kor: bungie made the comments about not wanting to have game modes like CTF that put importance on one person in one of their ride along twitch streams. Can't remember which one, there was. B.net thread that compiled a list of interesting quotes from the ride alongs which I might be able to dig up later.

And then they made the Crota encounter.

That's an odd sentiment actually as I've never thought of CTF as a mode that relies heavily on one person. In Halo the flag carrier was generally the most vulnerable.

RemiLP

2v2 Doubles with revives
3v3 Skirmish with revives
3v3 Salvage with revives
3v3 Elimination with revives
4v4 Clash on smaller maps
4v4 Control on smaller maps
6v6 Combined Arms (Clash and Control) including but not limited to the larger maps

6v6 Control on Asylum is absolutely stupid.

Add a skill based ranking system and mm to that, and i would be playing that non stop.

can you only do 1 exotic bounty per character? I chose to get the invective shotgun. If I wanted to get any of the other exotic bounties would I be able to do it with the same character?

Namikaze1

Gotta remind Drizzay. Post is long overdue.

CESTsOsW0AA3CCS.png

E92 M3

this is like the post I would expect by someone who started playing the game a week ago! I mean... what.

Conventional wisdom was that Thorn used to suck. It didn't, but it was a finesse weapon that you had to build around. Yet I read pages and pages and pages about how it was shit, embarrassing, a worthless Exotic bounty, the #1 gun needing a buff and so on and so on and because of all the people crying it is now in the state it's in today, where it simply outclasses even the weapons that are closest to it in pure statistical reality- along with having a unique perk with advantages unavailable on those weapons anyway.

Should not the people who thought it sucked simply have figured out how to overcome the problem, rather than wanting to have it changed for them? If not, how is your view here even remotely consistent?

You can say "there will always be a weapon used by everyone" as though a "Thorn-like situation" is an unavoidable reality but I honestly don't have a clue what it is you are implying fit in that slot during the balance phase following the initial AR nerf but prior to the Thorn buff.

I never used Thorn much then or today. Secondly, I am always an advocate for buffs because strong weapons are the basis of fun (in my opinion). I will always support something getting buffed rather then nerfed. Even when something pisses me off to high heaven (long ass range shotguns) I don't want them nerfed. It's my personality.

I never used Thorn much then or today. Secondly, I am always an advocate for buffs because strong weapons are the basis of fun (in my opinion). I will always support something getting buffed rather then nerfed. Even when something pisses me off to high heaven (long ass range shotguns) I don't want them nerfed. It's my personality.

Then you have power creep and TTK shortens to CoD Hardcore levels.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

That's an odd sentiment actually as I've never thought of CTF as a mode that relies heavily on one person. In Halo the flag carrier was generally the most vulnerable.
Yeah, most games balance CTF by simply making the flag carrier disadvantaged in some way. Typically that means revealing their location on the map, but I've seen games that limit the types of weapons you can use (or not even allow flag carriers to shoot at all in order to encourage teamwork).

Ken

can you only do 1 exotic bounty per character? I chose to get the invective shotgun. If I wanted to get any of the other exotic bounties would I be able to do it with the same character?

You can do multiple exotic bounties on one. All you need is to get the Vanguard missive again.

E92 M3

Then you have power creep and TTK shortens to CoD Hardcore levels.

Certainly don't want it to go there (hate that mode). I think the TTK is nice now, but some weapons need a boost. Weapons that require most skill should have the shortest TTK, like Zoba said.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can get 1 of each bounty on your character and have all 5 going at the same time.
(I've done this on all three characters, sadly. lol)

The only limitation is that you can't have two of the same exotic bounty active.

Edit: I know Nami... I know ;_;

Yeah exactly. One of many reasons the Crota fight is so out of whack with their design philosophies. I'm sure all the old guard here remember the Atheon teleport randomization that was meant to force every player to know every role. Iirc that was the origin of "working as intended"?

Also funny that, based on the spawn system, one player can still lose you a Control match by actually adhering to Shaxx's decree to "Capture all the zones!" and flipping spawns, lol.

lt519

If you go two elder ciphers does that mean you'll get two weapons? If not can you delete one without it glitching and deleting both?

Nice run on Skolas guys, I think the Fallen VIP round gave us more headaches than Skolas haha, I'll post a video soon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah exactly. One of many reasons the Crota fight is so out of whack with their design philosophies. I'm sure all the old guard here remember the Atheon teleport randomization that was meant to force every player to know every role. Iirc that was the origin of "working as intended"?
Theoretically, you shouldn't be able to Solo any of the Crota raid. You should need to have other people around to take down Crota's shield and to cover the sword dude.

They probably could have added a mechanic similar to the Skolas one where you can only use the sword once and changed that whole dynamic (and make it literally impossible to solo).

Deku Tree

Did anyone succeed at Solo'ing Skolas? How would it work with the hot potato mechanic? Wasn't HM05 trying to Solo Skolas for a while?

Did anyone succeed at Solo'ing Skolas? How would it work with the hot potato mechanic? Wasn't HM05 trying to Solo Skolas for a while?

It's impossible to solo skolas due to the devouring essence. Even a cheeselock can only get rid of the essence only once by self-res, won't have enough time to build super by the time the essence comes back.

Top Bottom