• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

EL CUCO

Oh so if you perfectly crit Skolas over and over again hell just go down and you never run out of ammo with BH? And Skolas will stay staggered the whole time? Anybody know how many shots he takes? That sounds like it takes a lot of shots and a lot of skill.
The adds will eventually run you off but having a nice streak will be pretty cool.

everyone uses auto rifle in easy mode. yay. so back to day 1.... If you are already nerfing thorn and last word then auto rifles already become viable, now you are buffing them on top of it.

i dont want autos to be all over the place either but theyre completely useless though

EL CUCO

Yeah I was thinking about void burn being impossible to solo.

Heavy ammo glitch still works? How do you even do that in skolas where wiping removes all the ammo drops?
Running around the arena killing adds with icebreaker for 15-20 min before you start burning boss

joecanada

i dont want autos to be all over the place either but theyre completely useless though

ya but you gotta pick one or the other you nerf a couple of the standouts and see where everything fleshes out... before making further adjustments... if you nerf handcannons and pulses AND buff AR's on top, we will be back to the Regime of the Suros.

I would actually advocate a slight buff on AR alone and leave everything else be. well you could reduce thorn to a 3 hit kill if people want to cry about it. but believe me if everyone thinks landing two consecutive headshots is easy with thorn, just nerf it to hell bungie and watch for snipers all day every day.

(if you can land two headshots with thorn a decent player can easily land one with a sniper) I'm just amazed noone complained about my LDR with final round and armour piercing yet....

radiohead1

Neo Member
So I'm really dying to take down my first Skolas this week. I've avoided it up to this point because of the frustrations I was reading about. My problem is that I don't have a high-impact sniper that is void! Does anybody think the following would do the trick as a load-out:

365 The Scholar (Void)
365 Praedyth's
365 Corrective Measure (or maybe Truth if that is better)

What do you think? Will I be able to do my part? Is there a way to get a void high-impact sniper before the week is out?

Owensboro

Any Iron Banner groups going? Was going to give that thing a try for the first time. Level 32 if that matters (I think it does? No idea how any of it works)

So I'm really dying to take down my first Skolas this week. I've avoided it up to this point because of the frustrations I was reading about. My problem is that I don't have a high-impact sniper that is void! Does anybody think the following would do the trick as a load-out:

365 The Scholar (Void)
365 Praedyth's

What do you think? Will I be able to do my part? Is there a way to get a void high-impact sniper before the week is out?

This week is easier because none of the enemies have void weapons, so if you do the fight the way it's intended, you will be fine with that loadout.

Alternatively if you want a high impact void sniper, you can try your luck in Iron Banner and get a Spear or get the Queen's sniper from a treasure chest.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

365 The Scholar (Void)
365 Praedyth's

Based on one of my attempts, it seems like as long as two people have high impact snipers, you should be fine, although it can get close. You may need to switch to the CM to finish him off.

Ideally, you want to be the hunter, since you will be running for the mines and losing your sniper compared to the other high impact snipers won't be as big a deal.

Or yeah, you could just do the encounter as intended. lol

doomquake

Is it possible at all to Ascend the starter Rifle to a viable level? I mean.. probably not but I like the skin...
No. Nothing is possible in destiny. Only getting purples from crucible that are just the faction vendor weapons and gear...making faction leveling useless and everyone ending up looking the same.
There's this thing called ethereal light that can upgrade old and new stuff but its called ethereal because it never drops.

365 The Scholar (Void)
365 Praedyth's

Corrective is better than Truth. I don't think Praedyth's is good enough but if you are running with 2 friends it will be doable, but in a random pug having 2 praedyths will be like pulling teeth, a lot of sub 10% wipes.

PVE wise you can do queens bounties and hope for a Her Benevolence, or from POE 32/34 chests. Its slightly less than LDR and not too bad.

PVP wise you can just roll IB over and over and over, I've gotten two efrideet's spear drops from it and rolled one into void with final round and field scout.

Frenden

Banned
I have 2x LGH with Longview SR10s (more AA than shortgaze and only slightly more zoom--I think folks overlook that scope), Hidden Hand, Injection, and Unflinching (solar, arc).

I needed a void and just rolled a 20/20 AMR7 with Shortgaze, Hidden, Hand-Laid, Unflinching, Void.

It has a higher RoF than LGH, but I bet it has less native AA.

Pew pew pew.

SheHateMe

The OP has some good guides as to how to level up efficiently and Hawkian runs 'newbie' raids every Thursday if that's of interest to you. Overall I'd just say get stuck in with the community here if there's anything you want to do: Nightfalls, PoE, raids, crucible etc.

Thanks. That seems to be the plan going forward.

Good luck. For better or for worse, the game is now easier than ever to reach the level cap. The only hard part is finding people to do the PoE stuff with, but you can find people here fairly easily.

Assuming you aren't in any kind of rush, it should take you two weeks to get to 32 if you get 400 vanguard marks by doing strikes or level 28 PoE. Then you can start doing nightfalls and PoE 32/34, and that will take another two or three weeks for you to get to 34. Then it's just a matter of getting the gear you want via grinding or Xur.

No rush at all. I've got a 10 1/2 month old. I can really only play during his nap times or at night, so hopefully I can find some like timed people and start running it out. (It's difficult to play a game that you technically can't pause with him. LOL)

lt519

365 The Scholar (Void)
365 Praedyth's

I just ran it with a 365 Praedyth's, 365 Word of Crota (crits for 1.1k), and 365 Truth. I'm uploading a video now. Praedyth's clip and fire rate makes up for the lack of punch. However, don't let the quick burn videos fool you. You can take him down to the first set of mines, defuse them as a group, and then regroup on the right side for a final burn down. We did it, pretty sloppily, but it's not hard.

It's the down Crota HM in two swords thing all over again (or Qodron for that matter). People see an all or nothing way of doing a fight and assume its the only way. With Void Burn the adds won't kill you if you want to run up and down the map or take the adds down first before worrying about Skolas. It took us 8 minutes, quite a few deaths, and good coordination. With no Arc or Solar burn there is no need to rush beyond breaking the servitor bonds, which 3 Praedyth's would be more than capable of doing.

Deku Tree

also i was searching for old posts and found this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=728254

oh my what could have been

Found this in that thread:

I'm still not sold on this game. I do like how the worlds are being built and the character systems seem engaging. Bungie's magic will make it a killer co-op game if anything.

But beyond that, I don't see what the hype is about. What is Destiny doing that's supposed to blow my mind when I boot it up? For all it's doing, the campaign mode just seems like an open world shooter with drop-in co-op. The PvP on the other hand looks like a mess. Perks, magic, heavy weapons and double jumping? The main reason I stuck with Bungie's multiplayer games in the past was because they weren't saturated with these annoying gameplay mechanics. The more I hear of PvP, the more I feel like they just took Reach, "modernized" it, and threw in micro-transactions to call it a day.

I hope I'm wrong and the game ends up being the adventure shooter to end all shooters. Unfortunately, Bungie's lackluster presentation and clear shift to not only the mainstream audience, but also the PS4 crowd leave me debating whether I should even waste my time.

joecanada

you know I've never bitched about Destiny RNG because most games don't give you the exact weapon you are looking for ever... (without some massive hoops to jump).....

but all this thorn talk reminds me that I want a hawkmoon SO bad.... fucking destiny RNG LOL....

However I will still maintain that Crucible RNG is garbage and Bungie should feel bad about it... I am now at 3 days in crucible never ONE legendary/exotic until Iron Banner this weekend unless they changed the RNG for all crucible and not just iron banner drops...
This is their biggest clusterfuck I feel, how else do you get people to play pvp when your game content is so limited....

Pons

Neo Member
Looking for one more for nightfall on ps4. Buddy and me about to start.
Send a friend request to Ponsarak and I'll inv you to psn group and send you fireteam invite.

radiohead1

Neo Member
I just ran it with a 365 Praedyth's, 365 Word of Crota (crits for 1.1k), and 365 Truth. I'm uploading a video now. Praedyth's clip and fire rate makes up for the lack of punch. However, don't let the quick burn videos fool you. You can take him down to the first set of mines, defuse them as a group, and then regroup on the right side for a final burn down. We did it, pretty sloppily, but it's not hard.

It's the down Crota HM in two swords thing all over again (or Qodron for that matter). People see an all or nothing way of doing a fight and assume its the only way. With Void Burn the adds won't kill you if you want to run up and down the map or take the adds down first before worrying about Skolas. It took us 8 minutes, quite a few deaths, and good coordination. With no Arc or Solar burn there is no need to rush beyond breaking the servitor bonds, which 3 Praedyth's would be more than capable of doing.

Thanks everybody for the advice! Since I probably won't be able to try it until tomorrow or the weekend, I will hold off ascending my Praedyth's until I have to, and keep on trucking through Iron Banner (which I am having a blast with) and see if I get a good high-impact to drop. If not, it sounds like with a good team it is possible anyway. That's where you all will come in!

phen0m24

Ok guys KINETIC deadshot luna acquired from Cryptarch level-up.

Quick draw sight
Luck in the Chamber
High Capiber/Armor PIercing/Smallbore
Crowd Control

Keeper?

noomi

Ok guys KINETIC deadshot luna acquired from Cryptarch level-up.

Quick draw sight
Luck in the Chamber
High Capiber/Armor PIercing/Smallbore
Crowd Control

Keeper?

Roll full auto and it's awesome. I have one as well, great weapon.

It's kind of like suros pre-nerf

Top Bottom