• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Marvel

could never
Titan Fallen helmet is great. Haters gonna hate

d9Cv5j9.jpg

Indeed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thank you, guys.

I'm on PS4 and will be playing tonight after 11 PM EST. If anyone wants to add me, let me know!

PSN ID: Instant__Vintage (two underscores)
Good luck. For better or for worse, the game is now easier than ever to reach the level cap. The only hard part is finding people to do the PoE stuff with, but you can find people here fairly easily.

Assuming you aren't in any kind of rush, it should take you two weeks to get to 32 if you get 400 vanguard marks by doing strikes or level 28 PoE. Then you can start doing nightfalls and PoE 32/34, and that will take another two or three weeks for you to get to 34. Then it's just a matter of getting the gear you want via grinding or Xur.

Lima

It's impossible to solo skolas due to the devouring essence. Even a cheeselock can only get rid of the essence only once by self-res, won't have enough time to build super by the time the essence comes back.

With Ghorn and Solar burn you can do him solo.

Tfue already killed him once but couldn't defuse the mines. It's basically RNG because the first mine needs to come up near you so you can defuse it while burning him.

It is possible and I think if next week is going to be solar again either Tfue, HM05 or Slayerage will do it.

Deku Tree

Tfue already killed him once but couldn't defuse the mines. It's basically RNG because the first mine needs to come up near you so you can defuse it while burning him.

It is possible and I think if next week is going to be solar again either Tfue, HM05 or Slayerage will do it.

How did Tfue do it? Solar Spear with FS and Final Round + 14 Ghorn rockets and then switch a primary?

I was talking about beating the encounter successfully, not just killing the boss.

So someone can solo Skolas encounter if it's solar burn and if he/she gets lucky with the first mine spawn. So, like once a month it's possible to solo it? lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think anyone has had theirs come in yet, so no one knows.

I was talking about beating the encounter successfully, not just killing the boss.

So someone can solo Skolas encounter if it's solar burn and if he/she gets lucky with the first mine spawn. So, like once a month it's possible to solo it? lol
If the first spawns by you and you kill the boss, you can finish the encounter yourself since all the adds despawn and all you have to do is disarm the other mines.

Namikaze1

I ended up getting two great lawyers in Messiek and Noomi. Though we were sent after Skolas instead of Kaliks Reborn. Queen seemed pleased with the results. So yay! No prison time!

Got a shitty pulse rifle though. :/

Anyway, got the Cipher again. Variks told me they were rare but this shit has been dropping left and right. Bastard lied to me. Gambled away a Judgement Roll. Begged for anything but an AR. Fucking Variks gave me an AR. Now I know he's working for the Queen's douchy brother.

Apparently he has a name. Who cares? He will always be the Douche to me. Always.

Back on Variks. Bastard must have done something to my navigation systems. Keeps showing as if my package is ready for pickup but every time I head there, Variks is like "Yo man, I need more time. Yessss. More time."

Fucker, I know you're laughing every time I turn my back to you! You and the Douche who's crouching behind your shit! I know he's there! I can sense him! Just give me the next part dammit!

Hmm. Wonder where Dinklebot went off to.

Certainly don't want it to go there (hate that mode). I think the TTK is nice now, but some weapons need a boost. Weapons that require most skill should have the shortest TTK, like Zoba said.

That's why some things need slight tweaks up and others down. Because if you try to just boost, the difference between how the weapons themselves operate will give some an advantage over others. Like if Scouts and Pulse have the exact same dmg output of an AR, an AR will win more times than not due to the nature of it's RoF.

High Risk, High Reward is great. There just isn't enough Risk with running a Thorn at the moment.

I don't think anyone has had theirs come in yet, so no one knows.

If the first spawns by you and you kill the boss, you can finish the encounter yourself since all the adds despawn and all you have to do is disarm the other mines.

Yeah but you can't do enough dps without solar burn, so...only once in 3 weeks will it be possible.

I'd like to see someone solo it with arc or void burn.

Lima

How did Tfue do it? Solar Spear with FS and Final Round + 14 Ghorn rockets and then switch a primary?

Heavy ammo glitch for like 15 minutes and then start burning him.

No you said it is impossible to do even with a Warlock which simply isn't true. If he got the mine at the C spawn right where he is heavy ammo glitching he would have done it already. Who cares what the circumstances must be. You can solo him.

Deku Tree

Black Hammer must eat all the crits on Skolas solar burn. I can't wait.

Oh so if you perfectly crit Skolas over and over again hell just go down and you never run out of ammo with BH? And Skolas will stay staggered the whole time? Anybody know how many shots he takes? That sounds like it takes a lot of shots and a lot of skill.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah but you can't do enough dps without solar burn, so...only once in 3 weeks will it be possible.

I'd like to see someone solo it with arc or void burn.
I'm still hoping that they change it up completely and have next week be Small Arms or Airborne or something silly like that. I mean, I won't be doing it if it happens, but I think it'd be funny to watch people react to that.

And yeah, I don't think it'd be possible to do enough DPS on the other burns. Let alone survive during arc burn.

Oh so if you perfectly crit Skolas over and over again hell just go down and you never run out of ammo with BH? And Skolas will stay staggered the whole time? Anybody know how many shots he takes? That sounds like it takes a lot of shots and a lot of skill.
The problem is that you'll have to stop either once the adds start hitting you or the mines appear. But with the Horn, that won't be a problem I suppose.

joecanada

more like bungie wont change it

nerf thorn
fix the last word
slightly rebalance the vex mythoclast
increase pulse rifle spread
tighten fusion rifle spread but keep range dropoff
buff auto rifle damage
buff scout rifle accuracy
increase shotgun range dropoff
increase blink cooldown

there. games perfect.

everyone uses auto rifle in easy mode. yay. so back to day 1.... If you are already nerfing thorn and last word then auto rifles already become viable, now you are buffing them on top of it.

nOoblet16

Why why why does this game colour your scoreboard in red? Why is that even a thing ?

When a control point is in enemy team's position it's marked red, yet if I am Bravo team my scoreboard is red in colour and Enemy is Blue...but blue control points are mine !!

The enemy should ALWAYS be red...that's like how it is for every game that isn't colour coded (where the character outfits themselves have colour) like Team Fortress or Halo.

lt519

Not ascended it was doing 8k damage and keeping him stun locked pretty good. Unfortunately it takes some serious skill to land all 3 precision everytime.

No you said it is impossible to do even with a Warlock which simply isn't true. If he got the mine at the C spawn right where he is heavy ammo glitching he would have done it already. Who cares what the circumstances must be. You can solo him.

Yeah I was thinking about void burn being impossible to solo.

Heavy ammo glitch still works? How do you even do that in skolas where wiping removes all the ammo drops?

*looks around nervously*

...okay. I'm getting the itch to play again.

Last I left off, I was stuck at 27 and burnt out. This was right before the first expansion.

I stopped playing. The Dark Below AND House Of Wolves dropped.

But I picked it back up this past weekend and I'm now 29. I haven't done VoG or PoE or anything like that.

As someone who played a lot in the beginning and is now coming back to it, any tips or suggestions for me?
The OP has some good guides as to how to level up efficiently and Hawkian runs 'newbie' raids every Thursday if that's of interest to you. Overall I'd just say get stuck in with the community here if there's anything you want to do: Nightfalls, PoE, raids, crucible etc.

Top Bottom