• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

GutZ31

Any one of them no matter which one? I hate doing the stand around and wait for wolves prowling bounties.

Funny you should say that...

Drop rate is much higher for those chests now at least, which means doing the 28 PoE is a viable alternative to farming.

Qwell

I'd be down! Never done any of the Raids before and don't have DLC, so Vault of Glass is all I could do.

Level 32 Titan. PSN: OwensboroEsq
If you guys need another I can join, 34 lock with lots of experience so I can lead folks.

PSN = Qwell

Ken

The alt rep bonus is great with IB. Hit rank 2.5 in just a few games (I think iron wrath alone gave me 600 rep?) and 1 round of bounties and I don't even have the class item bonus yet.

M3Rocket

Is it per character, or account?

Per account AFAIK. I don't know whether Bungie intended that or not.

I was fortunate this week--got one for turning in the first one, then on another character, I got one from the package when I ranked up on Queen's rep.

The alt rep bonus is great with IB. Hit rank 2.5 in just a few games (I think iron wrath alone gave me 600 rep?) and 1 round of bounties and I don't even have the class item bonus yet.

That sounds great. I'm about to hit rank 5 on titan and begin with my hunter xD

GutZ31

Dayam IB lag is awful

I really should have saved a video of THE ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM teleporting into the sky, and falling to the ground, constantly.

Sometimes this game just makes you want to throw the controller, system, and TV out the window.

rc213

I'd be down! Never done any of the Raids before and don't have DLC, so Vault of Glass is all I could do.

Level 32 Titan. PSN: OwensboroEsq

If you guys need another I can join, 34 lock with lots of experience so I can lead folks.

PSN = Qwell

Yahoo 3rd Gjallarhorn ...

Congrats on the 3rd.... Horn. :(

VoG Noobing it up edition.

Qwell
Datdudeiceman191
OwensboroEsq
rc213
???
???

What rank did your main get too?

I really want to get the class items for my other characters but just couldn't find the time.

Ken

That sounds great. I'm about to hit rank 5 on titan and begin with my hunter xD

My hunter is half way to 5 but with a while left till the end of the event I figure I'll try to get my other 2 to rank 3 at least for the EL. The catchup bonus is super nice though and has me considering rank 5 on all characters.

What rank did your main get too?

I really want to get the class items for my other characters but just couldn't find the time.

Rank 4. I believe all you need is a character higher than rank 1 and you'll get the double XP till you catch up.

So hunter at rank 4 my Titan and warlock should have double exp all the way from rank 1 to 4 afaik.

Deku Tree

Yep. Doesn't matter which one. The first one you turn in after reset should get you a Treasure Key.

Oh ok it must be per account and not per toon because I only got one on my first toon this week. I am queen Rank 3 on each toon and I might be done going all out with the queens bounties.

Drop rate is much higher for those chests now at least, which means doing the 28 PoE is a viable alternative to farming.

Yeah I was thinking about that supposed "higher drop rate" recently since I did all the queens bounties three time this week and I got no keys from the chests in patrol.

Congrats. I've been wanting a 3rd. Tired of transferring.

I've been thinking about dismantling #4 and #5 recently.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kyne/shadyderp, I actually miscounted and had one more (a lurker) than I thought ;_; Does one of you still want the spot? Sorry about that!

Rank 4. I believe all you need is a character higher than rank 1 and you'll get the double XP till you catch up.

So hunter at rank 4 my Titan and warlock should have double exp all the way from rank 1 to 4 afaik.

Good to know. Should be able to push through quickly this weekend with the high tempering buff.

Oh ok it must be per account and not per toon because I only got one on my first toon this week. I am queen Rank 3 on each toon and I might be done going all out with the queens bounties.

Yeah I was thinking about that supposed "higher drop rate" recently since I did all the queens bounties three time this week and I got no keys from the chests in patrol.

I've been thinking about dismantling #4 and #5 recently.

I've done all the bounties for Petra for all three characters since HoW dropped, and farmed at least the same amount again just for the fun(?) of it. Before they increased the drop rate, I received zero keys from ether chests. After the increase, I have received zero keys from ether chests. I think y'all are trolling me. You can't actually get keys from ether chests.

M3Rocket

I think they did increase the drop rate from the small POE chests in the Treasure Room though. On 3 32+ POE runs last night, I got 2 treasure keys. Whereas I got none from many more clears the first two weeks.

So are there any good tricks for getting weapon parts? Hate to spend all my glimmer on cheap weapons when all you get is a single weapon part out of it. Seems like I used to be swimming in them, but not so much anymore.
Get 6 wins in ToO. Buy as many of the legendary weapon he has on sale as you can. It's 500 glimmer and breaks down to two weapon parts minimum. Can also "fatten" them up with bounties and I'm sure it'll give an extra part or two. Still not perfect but at least it's a steady amount.

Either way you're grinding shit tho, either glimmer or engrams.

but you don't get QW rep when doing 28 PoE, you do get a little rep from opening the chest, though (only like 15, i think, 18 with NF bonus)

lt519

Skolas down second time today. This time with a titan, warlock, and hunter. Total PoE took about 1 hour 15 minutes. Used two 365 Praedyths, one 365 Spear with Final Round, and 3 Truths. Took two laps around the arena got it done again. Break the bonds, do the first mines, run around, trigger the second mines, run around, finish him off. Another Elder Cipher!

Deku Tree

Save it for when they open up trading, you can give it to me!

Alright. I might give one to predator first though lol.

I've done all the bounties for Petra for all three characters since HoW dropped, and farmed at least the same amount again just for the fun(?) of it. Before they increased the drop rate, I received zero keys from ether chests. After the increase, I have received zero keys from ether chests. I think y'all are trolling me. You can't actually get keys from ether chests.

The ether keys do give out keys about once a month.

I think they did increase the drop rate from the small POE chests in the Treasure Room though. On 3 32+ POE runs last night, I got 2 treasure keys. Whereas I got none from many more clears the first two weeks.

Yeah I got one from a PoE run this week too. Previous weeks I got none too lol.

Frostburn

Skolas down second time today. This time with a titan, warlock, and hunter. Total PoE took about 1 hour 15 minutes. Used two 365 Praedyths, one 365 Spear with Final Round, and 3 Truths. Took two laps around the arena got it done again. Break the bonds, do the first mines, run around, trigger the second mines, run around, finish him off. Another Elder Cipher!
Nice!

i found the teamwork involved in this weeks skolas the most satisfying

Top Bottom